Marvel Monday Live Stream - 04/25/21

JayC

31 minutes ago, Benn said:

My best guess is it's from when the Reavers crucified him in the Outback. It's a super weird choice of figure, but any attention on the Outback era is great. Psylocke, Longshot, Havok, etc., here we come!

I love that. I'm trying to build out my Giant Sized+Outback+80s X-men shelf. If that is the Wolverine they're going for, let's hope they include one other Outback X-man in the wave...or three!

Coincidentally, I'm thinking that Wild Child buck will probably be used for a Gateway, though I would appreciate a shorter one. And hopefully they give him an old man belly and not abs.

48 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

What's everyone's opinion on this, if not Wolverine or when they finally run out of Wolverine variants, who should get that coveted spot in the X-men wave?

I like Wolverine, but I've been beating that Storm drum for a few months now.

They'll never run out of Wolverine variants.  Still if they do, I would like to see one of the X-Ladies like Jean or Storm taking the money spot

17 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Hasbro almost never offers up completely/mostly new molds as fan-channel exclusives before mass-retail releases.  I'm still putting my money on the Retro FF wave.  It'll be an oddball addition but that "Hxxxxxxx" listing is just too much of a coincidence to make me feel otherwise.   Only other possibility to my mind would be as part of whatever the SDCC exclusive is this year.

Not trying to get any particular poster's hopes up but I'd laugh my ass off if the SDCC pack was a "Siege of Avengers Mansion" pack with a more traditional Hyde, classic Zemo, OG Herc, Masterson Thor (with alt-helmeted head) and take-your-pick of Classic Monica Rambeau/Wasp/Moonstone/Dr. Druid/Blackout

I dunno.  Armored Daredevil in the Spider-Man retro line was a little bit of a stretch.  That wasn't the series the OG version of that figure came in.

They've never stuck to the original figure line, I was mainly talking about characters that make sense in  the context of the series. Daredevil interacts with Spidey a lot, I think even in that costume. Hercules would just be a bit out of left field, at least compared to She-Hulk or someone. 

25 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

You don't think the insurance adjuster/assistant manager of Home Depot is an exciting look?

Man you nailed it. This one is a hard pass. Really the only ones that appeal to me are Scarlet Witch and possibly Zemo for that new coat sculpt. Captain America would be great, but I'm not about to buy another wingless Falcon.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Man you nailed it. This one is a hard pass. Really the only ones that appeal to me are Scarlet Witch and possibly Zemo for that new coat sculpt. Captain America would be great, but I'm not about to buy another wingless Falcon.

I got this wave's Loki, but I would have far preferred President Loki. I'm not sure why they didn't do that one, it would have probably been the same amount of reuse, just using the Fox Professor X body instead of this one. I'm hoping the one in the next wave is that suit, but it's more likely that it's Lady Loki or someone else. Maybe a future 2-pack will fix that. I assume we'll find out after Loki airs.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

You don't think the insurance adjuster/assistant manager of Home Depot is an exciting look?

I do! I just... would've preferred a new character. Same with Cap, I love the look... but I love the Falcon outfit from the series that much more... as well with Wanda, a cloak or alt head with red eyes would've put her over the top. The whole wave just feel like "almost" there. 

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, am i the only one who is hyping a lot for the Wandavisiob scarlet witch figure? Lol, i guess not, but really she might be the only figure i want to get from this wave.

And yeh i haven't been on the site much since i wasn't sure how much of newer Marvel legends figures were gonna be brought to my attention, i can't guarantee I'll visit this often but usually when i can.

47 minutes ago, K9-K1N6 said:

Dang, am i the only one who is hyping a lot for the Wandavisiob scarlet witch figure? Lol, i guess not, but really she might be the only figure i want to get from this wave.

And yeh i haven't been on the site much since i wasn't sure how much of newer Marvel legends figures were gonna be brought to my attention, i can't guarantee I'll visit this often but usually when i can.

I would agree that Wanda is a highlight for the wave.  It'd be nice if she came with a cape/cloak but ah well, can't always get everything in one go.  Maybe she'll be in the same outfit in Multiverse of Madness and they can work the cape in then.

54 minutes ago, K9-K1N6 said:

I'm not an MCU collector, but that Scarlet Witch will go nice with my Fox X-men shelf.

And yea she's definitely the highlight. She seems to be sold out in pre-orders...which I haven't been able to do 😞

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I'm not an MCU collector, but that Scarlet Witch will go nice with my Fox X-men shelf.

And yea she's definitely the highlight. She seems to be sold out in pre-orders...which I haven't been able to do 😞

Ouch, that sucks, then again i can't say i would do preorders since me myself I'm unsure of ordering online, i just only hope even if it'll be hard, i just hope i can find her in retail stores someday.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 9:00 AM, JayC said:

April-Marvel-Monday-1001.jpg

I'd love to see Doc Samson, both in his original outfit and the 80s red leather, on that Hercules buck...maybe Blue Marvel too. And of course it goes without saying Hercules should get his classic orange/green outfit too. As much as I've always found it to be ridiculous, its not as bad as the harness, and besides it IS his most iconic look.