Walgreens/EBGames Exclusive Marvel Legends 6" Classic Richard Rider Nova Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Classic Richard Rider Nova figure from Hasbro. Here in the US this figure will be sold as a Walgreens exclusive. In Canada it's being sold as a EBGames exclusive.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Nova-00.JPG

Nova-01.JPG

Nova-02.JPG

Nova-03.JPG

Nova-04.JPG

Nova-05.JPG

Nova-06.JPG

Nova-07.JPG

Nova-08.JPG

Nova-09.JPG

Nova-10.JPG

Nova-11.JPG

Nova-12.JPG

Nova-13.JPG

Nova-14.JPG

Nova-15.JPG

Nova-16.JPG

Nova-17.JPG

Nova-18.JPG

Nova-19.JPG

Nova-20.JPG

Nova-21.JPG

Nova-22.JPG

Nova-23.JPG

Nova-24.JPG

Nova-25.JPG

Nova-26.JPG

Nova-27.JPG

Nova-28.JPG

Nova-29.JPG

Nova-30.JPG

Nova-31.JPG

Nova-33.JPG

Nova-34.JPG

Nova-35.JPG

Nova-36.JPG

Nova-37.JPG

Nova-38.JPG

Nova-39.JPG

Nova-40.JPG

Nova-41.JPG

Nova-42.JPG

Nova-43.JPG

Nova-44.JPG

Nova-45.JPG

Nova-46.JPG

Nova-47.JPG

This figure looks great, but seeing that it's a Walgreen's exclusives means the only way to get it is ebay at 175% of retail. And that's coming from someone who has 2 Walgreen's stores within a half mile of his house....  one of those stores has one Marvel Legend on the shelf, a Lizard series Spider-Woman, the other has only Wasp and Malekith from the Cull Obsidian wave....and those waves are probably the last times those stores have gotten any new Legends product in.  How and why Hasbro keeps giving Walgreens exclusives I'll never understand....

While I really like the modern version, this is a nice throw back. 

Like everyone else here I hate that Nova, and that amazing and desperately needed Quasar are Walgreens. Mind boggling that this store with terrible online presence, terrible distribution, gets so many must have characters... 

im already stressing out that these next two will not be found in stores. Is it time to start the hunt? Have these been found in the U.S?

There are about 4 walgreens in my immediate area and each one looks like they've stopped carrying Marvel Legends altogether. They barely have shelf space for them anymore. Of course the store clerks were totally clueless as to why and had no info on any exclusive they were supposed to be getting.

I hope this turns around but if not, I wont have either Nova or Quasar in my collection. Because I simply refuse to be one of these chumps that feed the scalpers and pay $50.00 or more for something that shouldnt be more than $20.00. IF by chance they start stocking them, I may buy 2 and be able to re-sell at retail to somebody what I paid. Great White hooked me up with Storm & Tbird when I was having surgery, and was positive Target was gonna screw me on that (their track record, especially with GI Joe, has been abysmal). So thanks dude, and I look to paying it forward someday!

Great White offered to help me out with Moon Knight too. I ended up finding MK in stores but his offer was extremely generous. 

If any store exclusives needed a trade thread it would be Walgreens. I would definitely pay it forward as well if only the Walgreens exclusives were more hit than miss when hunting for them 

Its weird 'cause I didn't used to have this much trouble with them. I think it was right after Moon Knight that their stuff started getting wonky- Silver Centurion was barely online,  never showed out here, and nothing since then has either. But even if you couldnt find the latest "hot" thing they would still have an assortment of past Legends on the shelves. One store had that FA Daredevil for so long the boxes were getting dust on them. Nowadays, you might see a leftover from one of the X-Men waves (Boom Boom was peg warming hard), and thats it. 

The consensus seems to be that WG stopped getting in new waves at most stores sometime last year, with folks reporting that either Demogoblin wave or crimson dynamo wave was the last one they saw. Some theorizethry cut back at the start of the pandemic, others say it’s due to the departure of a relatively high-level employee who set up a lot of their toy exclusive deals.

Either way, seems like nowadays the stores near me will get 1-2 figures if the latest exclusive, which sell out quickly and that’s it. Popfindr worked pretty well when moon Knight was out but it hasn’t worked for WG in quite awhile now. And I used to be able to order their exclusives on the website but I’m not sure that’s been an option this past year - I think maybe IM 2020 was the last one you could order online but I could be wrong.

I wonder if they will abandon the line once the current set of cosmic exclusives finishes up. Kind of a shame because I never used to have that much trouble finding them for msrp, and more often than not the exclusives were characters I wanted.

definitely hoping I’ll be able to find nova, though 

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Its weird 'cause I didn't used to have this much trouble with them. I think it was right after Moon Knight that their stuff started getting wonky- Silver Centurion was barely online,  never showed out here, and nothing since then has either. But even if you couldnt find the latest "hot" thing they would still have an assortment of past Legends on the shelves. One store had that FA Daredevil for so long the boxes were getting dust on them. Nowadays, you might see a leftover from one of the X-Men waves (Boom Boom was peg warming hard), and thats it. 

Same. My first ML was Invisible Woman and the Walgreen's had like 7 or 8 of them on the shelf for more than a year after, along with Medusa and Yellow Daredevil. I thought they might've gotten burned by over-ordering because I never saw the other FF members at that Walgreens; I had to get them from a store in another town. But then that same local Walgreen's ordered ten Magik figures that they couldn't move. After that, I hardly ever saw exclusives in stores. I was lucky to find Silver Centurion and I only got Moon Knight by asking a manager if she had one in the back (she did, for some reason they weren't on the shelves). 

I've gone to a five or six different Walgreen's in the last couple months with no sign of any of the cosmic exclusives, or hardly any Marvel Legends. Some of the stores have one figure, like a Deadpool wave X-23 or something like that, but nothing else. The distinct impression is that they've either stopped carrying Marvel Legends or they don't care to stock them. It's made me wonder about the future of their contract with Hasbro, and I've kind of resigned myself to the idea that I'll have to wait two or three years for Nova and Quasar to be available on Big Bad Toy Store or Amazon. 

On the other hand, Walgreen's is a pharmacy and, y'know, they've had other stuff besides toys to focus on lately. 

My experience on Walgreen's exclusive has been that distribution on the ML Exclusives is really, really boom or bust, and anecdotally seems like it's regional-based.  Like some areas of the country would get TONS of particular exclusives but barely get any at all of others, and it kind of alternated as to which was which.

For example:  In my area all of the FF exclusives minus the Thing and Surfer were pretty easy to get.  For the X-Men exclusives Magik and Black-Costume Emma were not hard to pick up, but Mystique was scarce (required some dedicated hunting) and I never saw the Stepfords or Dani Moonstar in stores around here at all (glad Hasbro apparently released them to e-tailers in the past year).  For the Iron Man stuff all of them were pretty easy (Saw them in stores multiple times).  Moon Knight wasn't bad either.  Found the Fallen Surfer a few weeks back on my second try looking for it (though it was a damaged box so may have been sheer luck since I'm an opener).  Haven't been looking since.

But for every one here that was scarce or never seen on shelves I've had friends and fellow collectors reporting that they showed up in their areas in comparatively large numbers.

On 5/4/2021 at 9:10 AM, leokearon said:

Given a store that isn't stocking ML exclusives makes no sense as that is the point of giving the store the exclusive in the first place

True....what IS the point?? And Hasbro's aware of it, so why? What The Actual Frag...No sense at all.

49 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

True....what IS the point?? And Hasbro's aware of it, so why? What The Actual Frag...No sense at all.

Exactly The whole idea of giving a store exclusives is so they will stock the actual line. So if the store is getting the exclusives but isn't actual line, then they shouldn't be getting anything

10 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Vance and Speedball are easy repaints with new heads. Namorita would need a new head, torso, and feed, but not complicated sculpts. These are easy fillers for other waves. 

If the rumored Excalibur box set includes Meggan, I wonder if at least the head sculpt (if not more) can be used for Namorita?

Stopped by a Walgreens today and, as expected, nothing.

The thing is, as mad as I am, I don't necessarily want Walgreens to lose their contract with Hasbro. For me personally, shopping at Walgreens is easier than shopping at either Walmart or Target or GameStop. I want them to continue to get unique exclusive Marvel Legends from Hasbro... I just want them to put 'em on the ****ing shelves!!! They need to hold up their end of the bargain.

• 3 weeks later...