Marvel Legends Monday - May

JayC

Bullet holes sold separately.

Wished this woulda come out 5 years ago when anyone gave a damn, but it does look good to be honest. Ultron parts just reek of fishing for accessories to justify the inflated price tag. Who woulda though, in a time where Hasbro actually has to use a Finish-A-Figure format to complete a character who has wings (twice), they are actually creating ways to include accessories. I'm sure plenty are happy to have this thing after so many years, but I'm so over it at this point I'm happy to keep my cash.

Very nice figure and as everyone has stated loooooong over due. 

I admit they had me worried that this was going to be the ( inferior) Fox version, especially when he showed up in WANDAVISION. Now that it’s official they can go ahead and give us Ralph Bohner any time they want. 

Nobody tell Hasbro Pulse but their one per limit doesn’t mean you can’t immediately order 1 more as a separate transaction. 😉 (at least 4 hours later and they haven’t cancelled my second order yet).. funny that’s how I got my 6 Hellfire Club henchmen, ordered 4, then immediately ordered 2 more.. 

this is my biggest hole in my MCU filled, now can’t wait to see what else is coming down the pipe. So glad they made the Infinity Saga an ongoing wave

4 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Wished this woulda come out 5 years ago when anyone gave a damn, but it does look good to be honest. Ultron parts just reek of fishing for accessories to justify the inflated price tag. Who woulda though, in a time where Hasbro actually has to use a Finish-A-Figure format to complete a character who has wings (twice), they are actually creating ways to include accessories. I'm sure plenty are happy to have this thing after so many years, but I'm so over it at this point I'm happy to keep my cash.

I am with you to a point. a few years back I wanted this figure so badly I just couldn’t get how he hadn’t been made. Now, while happy to finally get Quicksilver, my enthusiasm has ebbed considerably. 

I'm all for this figure. I'll be stocking up on the movie figures for a while by the looks of things. 

On a side note, that Iron Monger must be a 2 or 3 figure set considering it's priced higher then Surtur who is most likely a BaF size figure I would imagine

I'm meh to both MCU and Fox Quicksilver but an ideal additional head for me would be a Days of Future Past Quicksilver (arguably his most-lauded movie incarnation...not Apocalypse...not Dark Phoenix).

Or a Wandavision head with the "Wolverine" hairstyle. They've surely done a similar thing before where they included an Ian McKellen head for a Michael Fassbender Magneto.

I think I'll pick up Wandavision Scarlet Witch, she looks really good, and depending on pictures and reviews of this Quicksilver next to that Scarlet Witch I might pick this up too.

51 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I agree, it's really late, but there are upsides to it. The head sculpt isn't perfect, but it's miles better than what we would have gotten back in 2015, plus we get pinless now. I'm just happy to finally have him for the AoU shelf. Now if only we had that movie's Wanda and Hawkeye...

On 4/29/2021 at 2:43 AM, Gigantor said:

With the reveal of Modular IM in the Ursa Major wave, bout the only other IM figure I still want made Is the Neo classic armor that replaced the destroyed SCIM in "Armor wars".

864732710_IronMan231.thumb.JPG.54755085d25b4091a492a5d87cc1229b.JPG495735800_IronmenbyLayton.thumb.jpg.a0f9e364252f4958bf8b86a3e7f5d1bd.jpg

I think they can easily salvage some legs and arms from new 80A Iron man or War Machine figure and reuse them for neo classic, but shoulder pads will be problematic. interestingly, in second pic neo classic has different less accurate shoulder pads (or maybe this is mod of neo classic?) which could be done in style similar to new Silver Centurion and Nova figure. which would be aesthetically pleasing  or they could do not so aesthetically pleasing War Machine style shoulder pads that would convey more traditional look for Neo Classic.

31 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

I think they can easily salvage some legs and arms from new 80A Iron man or War Machine figure and reuse them for neo classic, but shoulder pads will be problematic. interestingly, in second pic neo classic has different less accurate shoulder pads (or maybe this is mod of neo classic?) which could be done in style similar to new Silver Centurion and Nova figure. which would be aesthetically pleasing  or they could do not so aesthetically pleasing War Machine style shoulder pads that would convey more traditional look for Neo Classic.

I'd be alright with either version to tell the truth. The modular version finally has articulated wrists on the open repulser blast hands so Neo Classic better have em as well as them including the pulse beam FX that they should've had included with SCIM. They included them with the MS version!

14 hours ago, Jackhammer21 said:

What would you want for an alternate head? (Not in a snarky condescending way, I’m genuinely curious)

I was thinking about an extra head with a different expression, with grinding teeth perhaps or just something that would look better in a running pose. I think that the one that comes with the figure works for that too and the figure looks really good as it is. It's not really a problem, I just like it when figures come with  a lot of accessories ( in a reasonable manner ), gives you more displaying options.

For me, the big news in this post wasn't Quicksilver - it was that the Thor 3 figure is expected to be Surtur!! I hadn't seen that yet. That was a character that I honestly expected Hasbro to stay away from, but I'd be ecstatic to get it!

The MCU Pietro figure just reminds of how the MCU foolishly killed off a character way too soon. I mean, I understand that they need to have some deaths to "raise the stakes" within the movies - but this one was just way too quick, but I guess they got their shock value from it....

2 hours ago, Reno said:

The MCU Pietro figure just reminds of how the MCU foolishly killed off a character way too soon. I mean, I understand that they need to have some deaths to "raise the stakes" within the movies - but this one was just way too quick, but I guess they got their shock value from it....

I have heard, and I'm not sure if this has ever been confirmed or refuted, that Pietro was sacrificed in the MCU due to the complicated rights issues dealing with mutant characters in Marvel. In 2014 and 15, Fox still had the film rights to the X-Men and all the mutant characters. Did that include Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, who originated in X-Men comics and were the children of Magneto, even though most of there publication history was associated with the Avengers?

The theory posed/accepted was that the studios split the characters. Fox got to use Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past and beyond, and Disney/Marvel Studios got to use Scarlet Witch, with the bonus that they could use Quicksilver for one movie only. That's why he was killed off; to avoid confusion with Fox's X-Men movies.

Is that actually the reason? I don't know, but that's the theory that has been going around for the last six years.

I hate the "confusion" excuse card. I guess Hollywood thinks we're all a buncha mumbling Neanderthals who can't tell the difference. Funny how they can change the face behind Batman every few yrs & there's no "confusion". And they're planning on using like 3 different actors to play Batman like at the same time in the coming yr, Patterson, Affleck & Keaton, but that's not "confusing"?  I don't collect MCU figs so it's no biggie for me, just find it amusing at the lame excuses that either Marvel/Fox use or the fans use.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I have heard, and I'm not sure if this has ever been confirmed or refuted, that Pietro was sacrificed in the MCU due to the complicated rights issues dealing with mutant characters in Marvel. In 2014 and 15, Fox still had the film rights to the X-Men and all the mutant characters. Did that include Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, who originated in X-Men comics and were the children of Magneto, even though most of there publication history was associated with the Avengers?

The theory posed/accepted was that the studios split the characters. Fox got to use Quicksilver in X-Men: Days of Future Past and beyond, and Disney/Marvel Studios got to use Scarlet Witch, with the bonus that they could use Quicksilver for one movie only. That's why he was killed off; to avoid confusion with Fox's X-Men movies.

Is that actually the reason? I don't know, but that's the theory that has been going around for the last six years.

It's a theory that has been disproven. The execs (Fiege, Whedon and co) have stated that  there was no negotiation for the twins. Quicksilver was killed off, because Whedon wanted an Avenger to die; he had concerned Hawkeye, but that would have been to predictable, so Pietro was chosen instead.

On 5/4/2021 at 7:39 AM, Gigantor said:

I hate the "confusion" excuse card. I guess Hollywood thinks we're all a buncha mumbling Neanderthals who can't tell the difference. Funny how they can change the face behind Batman every few yrs & there's no "confusion". And they're planning on using like 3 different actors to play Batman like at the same time in the coming yr, Patterson, Affleck & Keaton, but that's not "confusing"?  I don't collect MCU figs so it's no biggie for me, just find it amusing at the lame excuses that either Marvel/Fox use or the fans use.

Yeah it does come off as a lame excuse. Confusion indeed. Though I will say that I think this long delay has probably deflated even the most dedicated MCU Quicksilver fan's wishes for this figure.