Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings 6" Katy Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

TR4K_ALLIANCE takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings 6" Katy figure from Hasbro. This figure is being sold as a Target exclusive.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Shang-Chi-Katy-01.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-02.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-03.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-04.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-05.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-06.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-07.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-08.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-09.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-10.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-11.jpg

Shang-Chi-Katy-12.jpg

I just noticed she has a Microphone?, ah probably a scene in the movie where the bad guys show up to the Karaoke bar where they are having fun and Shang Chi & Katy have to beat them up, and she uses the mic as a weapon, I bet this. 

I can't decide if I like this figure or not, I think it's cute I guess, but I also just don't think I have any desire to add it to the collection, but then I think..I bet Morris is going to steal some scenes with Katy in this movie. I guess if it shows up at TRU and I walk by it I'd maybe get it, just because it's fun it's an Akwafina figure, well maybe. I also just don't think this character has ever been in the comics, she is completely made up for the movie, or am I wrong?

I grabbed this figure along with the entire Hyde BAF wave. I like it. I know nothing about either Katy or Morris, so it will be interesting to see if they're representations of other characters from the comics or just created for the MCU...  I feel like Akwafina was one of the very first casting choices announced for the movie so I think it's likely that she's going to play a large role in the movie. I'm looking forward to see it, but want to see Black Widow first! 

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I just noticed she has a Microphone?, ah probably a scene in the movie where the bad guys show up to the Karaoke bar where they are having fun and Shang Chi & Katy have to beat them up, and she uses the mic as a weapon, I bet this. 

I can't decide if I like this figure or not, I think it's cute I guess, but I also just don't think I have any desire to add it to the collection, but then I think..I bet Morris is going to steal some scenes with Katy in this movie. I guess if it shows up at TRU and I walk by it I'd maybe get it, just because it's fun it's an Akwafina figure, well maybe. I also just don't think this character has ever been in the comics, she is completely made up for the movie, or am I wrong?

The mic is from Dazzler if I'm not mistaken. I guess they're using it since she's shown singing in a karaoke in the trailer.

4 hours ago, memocromatico said:

The mic is from Dazzler if I'm not mistaken. I guess they're using it since she's shown singing in a karaoke in the trailer.

Ah okay makes sense

on another note, it looks like I do now want this Katy, somebody removed her Skirt, and she looks awesome, and now is actually posable now. Katy has some great legs on her, Pinless tech even, what the hey!

Now I gotta get me a Katy so I can do this.

KatywithoutSkirt1.jpg

KatywithoutSkirt2.jpg

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ah okay makes sense

on another note, it looks like I do now want this Katy, somebody removed her Skirt, and she looks awesome, and now is actually posable now. Katy has some great legs on her, Pinless tech even, what the hey!

Now I gotta get me a Katy so I can do this.

KatywithoutSkirt1.jpg

KatywithoutSkirt2.jpg

That does look really good

5 minutes ago, Innershade said:

I Will soon get the figure but I'm really curious to see her role in the movie. I hope she is a cool fighter !

I wouldn't count on it. From what little they show of her in the trailer, I'm assuming she'll be the female equivalent of Rob Schneider in Surf Ninjas, with maybe a little Turk from Disney's Tarzan thrown in. She'll probably be involved in a few fights, but  mostly for the slap-stick element and a few well timed one-liners.

I expect Xailing will probably fill the role of bad-@$$ed warrior woman.

I can't speak for anybody else, but everything I see from this movie makes me wanna see it more.

I don't get all of the people complaining about the Shang-Chi movie figures- they all look very well-done to me. The face-painting tech has gotten very good, and the sculpts all look great. Agreeing about the clothing texture- it all looks very well done. Just because someone doesn't collect MCU figures, it doesn't mean they should blindly hate on them. Personally, I'm really looking forward to this movie- it's another facet of The MCU that hasn't been explored yet, the part full of Eastern martial arts badassery. 

This was one more reason for me to pass on the figure. Hasbro does have thinner, softer, more pliable plastic to use (something like the jacket used for Elsa Bloodstone) so they shouldve gone with that instead. I'm glad to she's not quite as limited in articulation as I originally thought, but really, they could have slit a seam on the opposite side of the robe so that leg could move too. Sure, that kind of garment likely wouldnt have that slit, but this is a situation where a little compromise is necessary.

The weapons will go well with the Hand army builders. That doesn't look like a traditional Japanese bow (since she's Chinese) but I think it could still work anyway. Assassins just wanna get the job done, after all.

They are just killing it with these faces lately!