Most Wanted Figure From Each Decade

RyanDaly

Basic premise, which character originating in a specific decade is your most desired Marvel Legend from that period? It can be a first appearance, or if the character had a significant upgrade/costume change, whatever in a later decade, that's okay too. It also doesn't have to be limited to the comics; you can include MCU figures, the 1970s TV Hulk, the 90s animated series Morph, whatever. I'm starting my list in the 1960s, but if you want to go as far back as the 30s to list that original Human Torch, or The Angel, go ahead!

• 1960s - Doctor Strange
  • 1970s - The Falcon (classic costume with wings)
    • runners-up: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Brother Voodoo
  • 1980s - Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau)
  • 1990s - Spider-Man 2099 (upgrade on new buck)
  • 2000s - Maria Hill
    • runners-up: Lionheart
  • 2010s - Moon Girl (with Devil Dinosaur)

So who's on your list? Remember you can add earlier decades, and if you have a strict cutoff at the end of the 20th century, that's fine too. 

30s: Golden Age Human Torch

40s: Classic Bucky

50s: Jimmy Woo (runner up: Marvel Boy with alternate Quasar head)

60s: Super-Adaptoid (runner up: Psycho-Man)

70s: Devil Dinosaur (runner up: Colleen Wing and Namorita)

80s: Destiny (runner up: Siryn, Battlestar and Rictor)

90s: Echo (runner up: Monet St. Croix, Mondo, Cecelia Reyes, Jolt and Silhouette) 

2000s (runner up: Armor, Blue Marvel, Phyla-Vell, Hulkling, Wiccan, Patriot, Amadeus Cho, Prodigy, Speed and Marvel Boy)

2010s: Miss America (runner up: Knull, Robbie Reyes, Nadia Pym, Viv Vision, Honey Badger, Toni Ho, Moon Girl and Joaquin Torres )

2020s: Rasputin IV

Oh man this is hard I guess I'll give it a try, not bothering past 90's

1960's : Clea

1970's :  Werewolf By Night, Nekra

1980's :  Meggan

1990's : Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch), Sleepwalker

I Dunno I thought of a whole bunch 60's Sersi, Kazar, Crystal, 70's Marrina, Talisman, Tigra, N'Kantu, I coulda made a long list I guess,

60’s - Mimic

60’s - Changeling

70’s - Erik the Red

70’s - Proteus

80’s - Outback Psylocke

80’s - X-Factor Marvel Girl

90’s - BAF Forearm

This is a really random list and there are certainly some duds on there. We already have Archangel, Iceman, and Cyclops from the X-Factor days. I would like to see them start on the Outback team. I don’t know. I’d by them all.

Great idea for a thread. Thanks!

1960s: I don't like this era of comics at all, but I'll cheat to get an extra 80s pick and say Havok

1970s: Deathbird

1980s: this is where all the competition is for me, but I'll go with Outback Psylocke... Destiny and Spiral will have to wait

1990s: Chamber in classic black Generation X

2000s: Wolverine from the post Astonishing era

2010s: Magik in the costume that matches the Dani Moonstar figure

2020s: Cypher on Krakoa

Oooh....Cool topic!!

60s - Ronan the Accuser!

70s - Adam Warlock (Starlin version)

80s - Kurse

90s - Cyborg Nebula

Post Millennium I'm going by the aesthetics coolness factor, as by this time I'd long been over modern comic collecting.

2000's - Ultimate Captain America (updated with the scale armor)

2010s - Proxima Midnight

2020s - Hmmm....you got me here! So I'll just add my Pre-Millenium Runner-Ups 🙂

60's - High Evolutionary

70s - In-Betweener

80s - Armored Thor

90s - Kismet!

11 hours ago, Chunkylover said:

70’s - Proteus

What form or appearance would you want Proteus to have? Sort of glowing pink like the Living Laser figure or something else?

8 hours ago, Benn said:

1970s: Deathbird

I'd like a Deathbird, too, along with a classic Ms. Marvel.

7 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

60s - Ronan the Accuser!

70s - Adam Warlock (Starlin version)

80s - Kurse

Yes to all of these.

10 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

What form or appearance would you want Proteus to have? Sort of glowing pink like the Living Laser figure or something else?

That’s a good question. I didn’t really think about it too much. I might have been cleaned imagining his XTAS look. He kind of looked like a zombie in the comics. Did the cartoon look appear in the comics at all? 

1 hour ago, Chunkylover said:

That’s a good question. I didn’t really think about it too much. I might have been cleaned imagining his XTAS look. He kind of looked like a zombie in the comics. Did the cartoon look appear in the comics at all? 

Not in the original Proteus saga from #126-128. He kept possessing human hosts that rapidly broke down, giving them the zombie look. The few times you see his "true form" he's kind of just a white silhouette with energy effects around him to give him a shape. I think he's come back in more recent comics, but I don't know what he looks like now.

7 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Not in the original Proteus saga from #126-128. He kept possessing human hosts that rapidly broke down, giving them the zombie look. The few times you see his "true form" he's kind of just a white silhouette with energy effects around him to give him a shape. I think he's come back in more recent comics, but I don't know what he looks like now.

Proteus has had a few looks

First Appearance

spacer.png

1993 Handbook

spacer.png

New Millennium Look

spacer.png

HOX

spacer.png