May Is Gonna Be A Big Month For Marvel Legends Fans - To Infinity And Beyond

JayC

Thanks to a heads up from Hasbro's Dan Yun who posted this on his social media yesterday...

I did some checking and it looks like May is going to be a big month for Marvel Legends Collectors. Not only does it look like the remaining 10 figures in the Infinity Saga line will be revealed and go up for pre-order over the course of the month, but a few other things will be officially announced as well.

Of course the month kicked off on Monday with the reveal of the Infinity Saga Age of Ultron Quicksilver. I don't know if Hasbro will be doing any Marvel live-streams this month or not, If I had to guess I would say at least one, but I you should expect another round of official reveals made in some way next Monday (5/10). Don't expect all the reveals to come on Monday's though. Just to recap here is the list of what we expect to see from the Infinity Saga line.

Set 1 - IM1 - Mark III - F0184
Set 2 - Unknown (likely store exclusive)
Set 3 - AVN2 - Age Of Ultron Quicksilver - F0186
Set 4 - THR1 - Odin - F0187
Set 5 - AVN4 - Endgame Fat Warrior Thor - F0188
Set 6 - IM1 - Iron Monger - F0218 - $69.99
Set 7 - THR3 - Surtur - F0189 - $49.99
Set 8 - AV4 (likely store exclusive)
Set 9 - IM3 (likely Amazon exclusive)
Set 10 - AVN4 - Endgame Iron Man Mk.85 and Thanos - F0192 - $59.99

Set 5 and Set 3 have already been officially revealed and made available for pre-order, so that leaves 8 more items to be revealed, and then as I mentioned a few non-Infinity Saga items should get revealed this month as well.

1 hour ago, Hogun said:

How about instead of Surtur. Hasbro gives us me and my friends. We are long overdue for action figures.

While I'm stoked for Surtur, I do agree that the Warriors Three are incredibly overdue. We need them ASAP. I could certainly see them being a San Diego Comic Con exclusive...

1 hour ago, Hogun said:

How about instead of Surtur. Hasbro gives us me and my friends. We are long overdue for action figures.

No way, thank you Hasbro if we really finally get Surtur, I've been wanting a Surtur forever, so far of the reveals Surtur (if in fact true) will be the only figure of this series I'm planning on getting

I do think it's insane we don't have Warriors 3 in any form comic or movie, but I'm sure if you stay strong mighty Hogun you will see the dream come true.

4 hours ago, JayC said:

Set 6 - IM1 - Iron Monger - F0218 - $69.99
Set 7 - THR3 - Surtur - F0189 - $49.99

Set 5 and Set 3 have already been officially revealed and made available for pre-order, so that leaves 8 more items to be revealed, and then as I mentioned a few non-Infinity Saga items should get revealed this month as well.

Curious that Iron Monger is priced higher than Surtur. I would think that Surtur would be larger by far than Iron Monger. On the other hand, maybe they're going to have an Obadiah Stane figure that can fit inside the cockpit...

Perhaps they'll wait until the THOR: LOVE & THUNDER movie, but who knows if the non-infinity saga items include classic Beta Ray Bill or the esteemed Warriors Three...

2 hours ago, Hogun said:

While I would love it if you and your bro's finally got immortalized in plastic, I would much rather see it done in comic form rather than MCU form. Ultimately though, the ability to convert the recent Fat Warrior Thor to make Volstagg may dictate the likelihood that they will probably eventually be done in MCU form. Now the question is which version Fandral will we see, the Josh Dallas version or the Zachary Levi version? Here's a chance to give us a little fan service Hasbro. Then again, the fact that Levi plays Shazam in the DCEU may eliminate the possibility altogether.

Well if you actually think of it we already have a load of figures coming. If I exclude the Shang-Chi wave, we have 4 waves confirmed with Iron Man, Bad Guys, the D+ and the AOA wave with the Eternals more or less confirmed and rumors of a second D+ wave, F4 retro and Spider-man: No Way home (or maybe a comic series). (in case anyone is counting that is 9/10 if you include the HOX and Stilt-man wave).

Then we have all the Walgreens figures, a couple of Target and Walmart, the standard Amazon as well as a dozen or so Infinity Saga waves.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Curious that Iron Monger is priced higher than Surtur. I would think that Surtur would be larger by far than Iron Monger. On the other hand, maybe they're going to have an Obadiah Stane figure that can fit inside the cockpit...

yeah price seems weird, maybe they include some interchangeable parts for mark 3 to recreate final battle or worst case Surtur is really small.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

If I exclude the Shang-Chi wave, we have 4 waves confirmed with Iron Man, Bad Guys, the D+ and the AOA wave with the Eternals more or less confirmed and rumors of a second D+ wave, F4 retro and Spider-man: No Way home (or maybe a comic series).

Then we have all the Walgreens figures, a couple of Target and Walmart, the standard Amazon as well as a dozen or so Infinity Saga waves.

Out of which I'm in for the Iron Man, Bad Guys, AOA II, F4 Retro, and very likely the Eternals waves; any comic figures No Way Home may include, Classic Nova and Quasar.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Perhaps they'll wait until the THOR: LOVE & THUNDER movie, but who knows if the non-infinity saga items include classic Beta Ray Bill or the esteemed Warriors Three...

Surtur will probably be based on Surtur at the beginning of Ragnarok where he's not quite so huge.  He'll still be "big" just not HasLab Sentinel big.  More like maybe...Giant Man Big.

Not sure what's going on with Iron Monger unless yes, it's actually a "vehicle" that you can stick a 6" Obadiah Stane into.   Or  even if it just comes with a separate Obadiah Stane (civilian) figure or Pepper Potts or a battle-damaged Mk. III Iron Man or something.

I would say there's a small (meaning I don't think it's likely but it's not impossible) chance we might get classic Beta Ray Bill in the Walgreen's exclusive cosmic figures this year.  But I'd be hella surprised to see the Warriors Three this year, even more so if they were comic and not MCU versions (though with Endgame Thor being tooled, I could see the MCU Versions showing up within the next couple years).

More likely though, that we'll see more Thor stuff next year, given the movie and all.  

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

It's interesting, because this is the first time we're getting a single-release deluxe style figure in an anniversary wave. Normally the $50 price point indicates a 2-pack, but I guess we can also now label that the anniversary deluxe/BAF size price. $70 usually indicates a 3-pack or a regular figure and a deluxe/BAF size figure, so I assume we'll see someone with him, judging by the listings, likely an Obadiah figure, though I'd still prefer a MK 2, since it doesn't seem like we're getting that armor. 

4 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

'.....But I'd be hella surprised to see the Warriors Three this year, even more so if they were comic and not MCU versions (though with Endgame Thor being tooled, I could see the MCU Versions showing up within the next couple years)....More likely though, that we'll see more Thor stuff next year, given the movie and all.." 

Makes more sense but then it also makes more sense to put Ultron in an Avengers wave instead of Iron Man and you see what they did there....

9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah, it is strange, but it could be that the Iron Monger set is technically a two pack