May Is Gonna Be A Big Month For Marvel Legends Fans - To Infinity And Beyond

JayC

8 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

Wait, are those interchangeable necks for Tony? Is that a first for Hasbro?

They need to do that for the Silver Centurion armor so we can use the Tony and Rhodie head sculpts.

As far as these two figures.......eh. Not interested in Odin in the least. I'll bank on him going on clearance. I've officially surpassed MCU Iron Man and Thanos overload. And don't even come at me with one more damn Iron Man at a premium price without including some decent attachments. Nobody's asking for SHF level inclusions but damn, lets get a few more option (at least more than one) options for a figure based on an armor with endless options.

Nothing in these Infinity Saga reveals are gonna have me running to the stores. The MCU collectors are gonna love this year like the Comic collectors loved last year. Congrats for you guys. Its giving me a chance to recover some finances.

28 minutes ago, monron999 said:

As far as these two figures.......eh. Not interested in Odin in the least. I'll bank on him going on clearance. I've officially surpassed MCU Iron Man and Thanos overload. And don't even come at me with one more damn Iron Man at a premium price without including some decent attachments. Nobody's asking for SHF level inclusions but damn, lets get a few more option (at least more than one) options for a figure based on an armor with endless options.

To be fair, Tony didn't use a ton of other stuff in Endgame outside of the blade and shield included here, not nearly as much as in Infinity War. I do wish we were getting the lightning refocuser though. It's actually been I think pretty worth the price point so far with the Infinity Saga. So far they've been entirely new molds with a good amount of accessories. I mean there's 7 heads included in this set alone, plus tons of hands and some weapons. 

The accessories in this pack are more than I hoped for. The Iron Man coming with two Tony Stark heads is a really nice touch. The heads seem to be interchangeable at the neck, and I'm hoping this means the neck is double hinged. It would be a shame if he can't pivot the head. If the neck is double hinged, that's another above-and-beyond touch since it's not Hasbro's usual ballpark. I would have been totally content with the figure if the head swap worked the way it does in other Iron Man (which leave the neck unexposed). It didn't even cross my mind that Hasbro could do this. But, then again, assuming that's a double hinge and not something akin to the Silver Centurion.

This neck hinge also means the torso had to be retooled. I'm crossing my fingers this means they revisited the arc reactor to make it more accurate. I'll be happy enough if they just make it the proper shape, any additional texturing or color will be a welcome extra after the lackluster arc reactor of the original release.

I'm also pretty happy with the nanotech accessories It's a shame they didn't include the lightning refocuser, but considering I didn't even think they would include any accessories at all I won't complain too much. At least this means the lightning refocuser from the ZD Toys figure will still get some use. Depending on how the Iron Man turns out, I might just get two of this 2-pack so I can have one Iron Man doing the snapping pose and the other just regular battle. Heck, I might get three of them to keep one MIB, and I've never done that before.

And right after I post my last message I see that the unblurred images have just popped up:

fhzf40vfz7y61.jpgd1536rcsy7y61.jpg Looks like the Iron Man's heads are effectively double hinged. Phew. And they did fix the arc reactor's shape. Would have liked one of the alternate hands to be a second Infinity Stones-wielding hand but open, but at this point I'm nitpicking. I'm officially heels over head for this 2-pack.