May Is Gonna Be A Big Month For Marvel Legends Fans - To Infinity And Beyond

JayC

Yesterday evening we saw the images begin to leak out giving us our first looks at the new Infinity Saga Thor Movie Odin and Avengers: Endgame Thanos Vs Iron Man Mark 85 figures. Well since then high-res images for both sets have now surfaced online during the night.

These two will be joining the Avengers: Endgame Warrior Thor and Age Of Ultron Quicksilver figures that are also part of the Infinity Saga sub-line.

With the new better quality images we can see Odin which is based on his appearance from the first movie will have a helmet and unhelmeted head based on actor Antony Hopkins as well as a staff and alternate hands.

In the 2-pack we see Iron Man comes with 3 headsculpts which sees a helmeted one, unmasked one and battle-damaged unmasked headsculpt. Iron man also has energy shield, double bladed weapon, repulsor effects and alternate hands. One of the hands is a snapping hand. Thanos also has three headsculpts, double bladed weapon, snapping Iron Man Gauntlet hand and closed fisted gauntlet hand. Both figures which have been released before feature battle-damage so you can re-create their final battle from the movie. The accessories for thse figures I am sure also will work with the previously released non-battle damaged versions if you prefer.

Look for both sets to officially go up for pre-order at 1pm ET today at most online etailers like our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

There are 6 more Infinity Saga sets that should be revealed over the course of the month of May. Remember this is a sub-line like we saw with the previous 80th Anniversary line which is why they cost more than regular Marvel Legends released. Here is what we know about the remaining six sets in the line.

Set 1 - IM1 - Mark III - F0184
Set 2 - Unknown (likely store exclusive)
Set 6 - IM1 - Iron Monger - F0218 - $69.99
Set 7 - THR3 - Surtur - F0189 - $49.99
Set 8 - AV4 (likely store exclusive)
Set 9 - IM3 (likely Amazon exclusive)

Assuming they don't leak out sooner, the next set reveal I believe will be coming this Friday (5/14), so check back then for more coverage on these. And yes for you non-movie fans their should also be some non-movie figure Marvel Legends reveals coming in May as well.

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-Saga-Odin-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-Saga-Odin-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-Saga-Thanos-Iron-Man-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-Saga-Thanos-Iron-Man-02.jpg

I dunno it's just something in the details. The Nano Glove looks cool, but what's with the Thanos head sculpt with the burn on his left side? That didn't even happen in the same movie and the chances are that if you tried to use that head sculpt on a previous Thanos figure the colors wouldn't even match up. It just seems like random filler to try to reach a price point. Speaking of points, what's the point of giving Tony the snapping fingers and not including a head sculpt with the corresponding facial burn? Really looking at this set, it's a freaking mess. It looks like some weird mish-mash of parts from several scenes, yet not suitable to do any one particular scene. From the looks of it, about all you could do with this thing is the "I AM IRON MAN" split second right before the snap. And even at that, which one of those neutral, bored head sculpts is supposed to represent that defiant, angry, emotional snarl he wore when he said that iconic line? Not that these things don't look good, and seriously I recognize the appeal for MCU figure fans, but there's nothing these guys are suitable for that we can't already (almost) do with the multiple previous versions of these figures they've done. Even with the Nano Glove and the two new weapons, there's just not enough there to justify the asking price to me. It just seems like another cash grab and another case of Hasbro milking the same old stone.

I'm not trying to completely trash this set, but you gotta admit these criticisms are legit and true. They got me good with the Children of Thanos set, but they aren't getting me this time. At least the CoT set made previous figures more movie accurate. We already have several accurate versions of Thanos and IM. To almost a nauseating degree.

I can't express how happy I am right now after seeing these figures. I'm lost for words actually. I always wanted an Odin and now it's here looking magnificent and then the Endgame two-pack...it is more than I thought Hasbro would do. I mean we even got separate neck pieces for Iron Man when the helmet is on and off, this is truly something I hoped I would see in Marvel legends and now it's here. This pack might be the best in the line. Great stuff

15 minutes ago, monron999 said:

but what's with the Thanos head sculpt with the burn on his left side? That didn't even happen in the same movie and the chances are that if you tried to use that head sculpt on a previous Thanos figure the colors wouldn't even match up.

It's not supposed to represent the burn after he snapped his fingers, it's supposed to be a disintegrating effect for when Thanos started turning to dust.

9 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Hmm this makes me wonder if cap is being skipped in this anniversary line. Thought he might be part of a set but now they’ve covered final battle Thor and iron man separately

I have the same question with Cap, but there's one more Endgame pack coming - set 8 - so hopefully that will include him. I'd really like that.

Well, at $60 (i think?) that Thanos/Iron Man set is not a bad deal, considering the usual price is $25 per figure and one of these is a BAF.  Looks like that Nighthawk figure will finally have his day as i foresee a bunch of collectors scrambling to get him to obtain the "normal" armored Thanos right arm.  I think this one is an amazon exclusive, right? which to me suggests it won't be as quickly discounted as it would if target or WM were selling it. So all in all probably not a set to try and wait for a markdown.

But Odin seems like a figure one could definitely get at a sale price. I don't think he looks that great but i'll reserve judgement until we see more images. 

I'm buying these infinity saga figures they are so good look at that Ironman. No marvel legends ironman came with the snap only marvel select. Look at that Stark head plus battle damaged head I'm buying it armored Thanos with hids blade also that blip head fire. I'm all over this pack. Odin looks beastly as always

I don't personally have any interest in these (Odin or IM/Thanos), but am happy for those who wanted them. Surtur is likely the only one of these Infinity Saga figures that I'm likely to get barring some surprise with one of the currently unknown figures.

59 minutes ago, Reno said:

I don't personally have any interest in these (Odin or IM/Thanos), but am happy for those who wanted them. Surtur is likely the only one of these Infinity Saga figures that I'm likely to get barring some surprise with one of the currently unknown figures.

Same here. If this is what you're after, congratulations. I'm more interested in seeing what's coming for us comic guys.

Not much into MCU collecting except for IM since he started the whole thing. So I'll definitely be picking up that 2 pack just for him. I always wanted an accurate figure posed doing the final snap. I had bought an extra mk 85 and the Select version just to put the snapping hand on it. Was just waiting for a custom head sculpt that want too expensive. Guess I could have just waited two more years 😂

Iron Man steps onto the battlefield against Thanos in the ultimate fight for the fate of the universe.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors. You can pre-order this set from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. The figures include the following:

Iron Man figure
-Unhelmeted head
-Unhelmeted head (battled damaged)
-Helmeted head
-3 Pairs of hands
-Energy blade
-Energy shield
-2 Repulsor effects

Thanos figure
-Dissolving head
-Helmeted head
-2 Unhelmeted heads
-Alternate nano gauntlet fist
-Double-edged sword

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-01.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-02.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-03.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-04.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-05.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-06.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-07.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-08.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-09.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-10.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-11.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-12.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-13.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-14.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-15.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-16.jpg

Infinity-War-Thor-Thanos-17.jpg

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors. The figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The figure includes the following:
-Alternate head sculpt
-Alternate pair of hands
-Gungnir (spear)

Infinity-War-Odin-01.jpg

Infinity-War-Odin-02.jpg

Infinity-War-Odin-03.jpg

Infinity-War-Odin-04.jpg

Infinity-War-Odin-05.jpg

Infinity-War-Odin-06.jpg

Infinity-War-Odin-07.jpg

Infinity-War-Odin-08.jpg

Infinity-War-Odin-09.jpg

So far I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the quality of these Infinity Saga figures. So far, Quicksilver, Thor and Odin have all been completely new molds and both Thanos and Iron Man seem to have a good amount of remolding, plus tons of accessories. I'm not thrilled about the price hike, but 25-26.50 is honestly better than 20-23 so it's not the worst thing in the world.

If they do reveal more this Friday, I assume we'll see the MK 3, Iron Monger set, and/or Surtur. They seem to be getting through all the non-exclusives first.

I swear, this is what...the umpteenth MCU Infinity war/End game IM/Thanos figs pretty much using the same bucks with paint variants & minor differences & accessories , a few new head sculpts & people are going ga-ga & willing to re-buy the same figs over & over again. Seems to me like Hasbro just mailed these in, they lack of paint apps & wash, look very cheaply made. Dust effect Thanos looks like someone put a lighter to the head.