May Is Gonna Be A Big Month For Marvel Legends Fans - To Infinity And Beyond

JayC

26 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I swear, this is what...the umpteenth MCU Infinity war/End game IM/Thanos figs pretty much using the same bucks with paint variants & minor differences & accessories , a few new head sculpts & people are going ga-ga & willing to re-buy the same figs over & over again. Seems to me like Hasbro just mailed these in, they lack of paint apps & wash, look very cheaply made. Dust effect Thanos looks like someone put a lighter to the head.

This is the only other MK 85 Iron Man that Hasbro has made, not counting the international "Best of" wave. And the reason people are going ga-ga, myself included, is because this new release fixes all the issues of the original: the arc reactor's shape, the lack of alternate heads and accessories. And that's only on the Iron Man side. The Thanos figure even has a different upper torso sculpt and new forearms. And it's also the only other Endgame Thanos Hasbro has released. I'm not even sure why you mention Infinity War since the sculpts for the Iron Man and Thanos figures for that movie were completely different from these ones.

If this re-release didn't come with all the new fixes like the Tony Stark heads or the accessories or the snapping hand or the bladed sword, then I would understand people going boo-hoo and willing to complain over and over again. But I guess this is just one of the usual senior moments in this geriatric of a forum.

30 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I swear, this is what...the umpteenth MCU Infinity war/End game IM/Thanos figs pretty much using the same bucks with paint variants & minor differences & accessories , a few new head sculpts & people are going ga-ga & willing to re-buy the same figs over & over again. Seems to me like Hasbro just mailed these in, they lack of paint apps & wash, look very cheaply made. Dust effect Thanos looks like someone put a lighter to the head.

i think after the infinity war thanos was re-released in a 3-pack, it was "inevitable" that the armored thanos would see a similar re-release. i assume i'm not the only one who didn't bother building armored thanos for that reason. likewise, since i skipped iron man from endgame wave 3 /bro thor wave (as well as skipping the 2-pack with iron spider)  this iron man will be new to my collection.

anyhow i had assumed this set was an amazon exclusive but if bbts is carrying it i guess its not! despite its popularity i'll take my chances and see if i can get it during a sale, although the $60 price is not that unreasonable since these sets generally have figures at $25 a pop and this one comes with a BAF.

the only drawback is that they didn't throw in an alternate right arm for thanos, i mean they have it already sculpted from the original BAF so i don't know why they didn't throw it in with this set. oh well

1 hour ago, JohnF said:

Earlier this year I thought about characters that we've never seen Hasbro do and Odin was on the top of the list. Now the figure is finally here and I'm looking forward to it. I'm concerned about his size though, I don't want him to look like an ordinary man

I'm assuming that you mean MCU Odin then, because this comic version that Hasbro did was very good, in my opinion:

image.thumb.jpeg.92adbef382d2a801910239137e556302.jpeg

Well, I was originally more excited about Odin... but these pics really boost the "I am Iron Man" set up a few notches in the want list. Still not completely sold on it... but dammit... it really does fix most of the issues. (Ankles and waist still seem to be a problem on Thanos... but... the sword, and IM accessories really work!)

Damn. I'm right on the fence with this one. There's very little of this I want; but the parts I want, I really want. I have no need for any of that Thanos. They did beautiful work on it, but the damaged paint job over his chest armor looks awkward.

I guess its early to tell what the actual figure will look like exactly, but this is a rare case where a re-release of an Ironman movie armor is less attractive than their first attempt because I don't love that candy red or the black in between the seams. But that unmasked Tony head looks awesome. Its a goddamn shame we had to wait until literally the last figure were likely to ever get of him to get the perfect RDJ likeness. I guess I can always get the head from somebody on ebay for $50. 

1 hour ago, Brenttoo said:

Damn. I'm right on the fence with this one. There's very little of this I want; but the parts I want, I really want. I have no need for any of that Thanos. They did beautiful work on it, but the damaged paint job over his chest armor looks awkward.

I guess its early to tell what the actual figure will look like exactly, but this is a rare case where a re-release of an Ironman movie armor is less attractive than their first attempt because I don't love that candy red or the black in between the seams. But that unmasked Tony head looks awesome. Its a goddamn shame we had to wait until literally the last figure were likely to ever get of him to get the perfect RDJ likeness. I guess I can always get the head from somebody on ebay for $50. 

What about buying the 2-pack and reselling the Thanos? I'm contemplating getting two of this set and selling one of the Thanoses.

As for the attractiveness of the Iron Man, I gotta disagree that this one is less attractive. The unexplainable missshape of the arc reactor was an instant turn off for me in the previous release. And on top of that, the figure didn't come with any accessories for itself.

Love every thing revealed from the MCU Infinity Saga wave.  Except for the rumored Amazon exclusive I may try my best and bold off until  I find these in stores. Of course if Target gets a store exclusive I’ll need to grab that online ( never saw the Infinity War IM/ Spidey set in stores).

i wouldn't call it getting burned exactly but I pre-ordered 2 of every set of The First 10 Years Wave and then saw most of them in stores at discounted prices. These were amazing figures so again, didn’t feel burned but let’s call it lesson learned.

The Fox Xmen movie Legends stuff was just gorgeous. Arguably better than much of the 1st 10 year stuff as far as face sculpting.. but wow, those RDJ faces are exceptional. No way I could buy more than my normal of this box set but it would be nice to have a few extras of those RDJ heads to sprinkle into other Iron Man figures. I’ve been using S.H. Figuarts Tony Starks as my default Starks because up till now they had better likenesses of him than Hasbro. But at thrice the cost..

cant wait for the rest off the official reveals.. Hasbro is doing the MCU proud. 

2 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

That was one of the most well acted moments in the entirety of the MCU. I got chills the first time I saw it.

That's because you had talent like Anthony Hopkins and Kenneth Branagh. Like 'em or hate 'em, you just don't get that level of quality from the current Marvel movies.

5 hours ago, Brenttoo said:

Dorkside is selling the Iron Man part of his set, loose, for $37.

https://dorksidetoys.com/products/marvel-legends-infinity-saga-iron-man-mk85-final-battle-action-figure-loose-pre-order?_pos=138&_sid=2c5f63159&_ss=r

On 5/10/2021 at 6:29 AM, JohnF said:

It's not supposed to represent the burn after he snapped his fingers, it's supposed to be a disintegrating effect for when Thanos started turning to dust.

Makes sense, but it even kinda enforces my argument. It's like they tried to pack too many pertinent scenes into one box, yet didn't do a sufficient job completing one. Still, I guess it's better than them repacking this Thanos with the "dusting away" head and selling it as a single. So there's that.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Makes sense, but it even kinda enforces my argument. It's like they tried to pack too many pertinent scenes into one box, yet didn't do a sufficient job completing one. Still, I guess it's better than them repacking this Thanos with the "dusting away" head and selling it as a single. So there's that.

I won't disagree with you. After my initial excitement for the pack settled, I started noticing things that bother me as well, on both figures but especially on Thanos. They definitely did some very positive things with this pack, but there are still issues here and there. That being said, I'm still getting this pack, cause I was really looking forward to it and at the end of the day it works for me just fine, especially cause I don't have the first versions of these figures. But I can definitely get why it wouldn't work just fine for other collectors..

14 hours ago, mako said:

That's because you had talent like Anthony Hopkins and Kenneth Branagh. Like 'em or hate 'em, you just don't get that level of quality from the current Marvel movies.

No sir. It amazes me that talent like that was once associated with the films. I know I'm in the minority but past Winter Soldier the mcu just hasn't felt the same.