May Is Gonna Be A Big Month For Marvel Legends Fans - To Infinity And Beyond

JayC

9 hours ago, watanabefan said:

I say this politely, but I'd stop taking it so personally every time a new character is announced to get a figure. I don't mean this to be a jerk, but making Surtur is kind of a no-brainer for Hasbro.

Then again, Destroyer shoulda been a no-brainer by that logic. He got vastly more screen time than Surtur, yet here we are wondering if its ever gonna happen.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Makes more sense but then it also makes more sense to put Ultron in an Avengers wave instead of Iron Man and you see what they did there....

If you look at the patterns in their releases it's pretty clear that any wave centered around an Avengers character is often an "Avengers" wave as far as Hasbro is concerned.  As well as any empty space in any MCU waves becoming space for more Avengers themed characters.

Basically anything that isn't specifically a Spider-Man/Venom, X-Men/Deadpool, or Fantastic Four wave (Or an MCU wave they completely fill up with MCU characters) is an "Avengers" wave.

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, it is strange, but it could be that the Iron Monger set is technically a two pack

Yeah thats why I said maybe they'd have Stane as a figure to fit in the cockpit. 

Off subject, its kind of ironic that Thor looks like Lebowski later in the series, and Stane is played by the great Jeff Bridges, who immortalized Lebowski. 😎

One other thing, maybe that price list is wrong. Wouldn't be the first time something was listed for a higher price than what it actually is.

6 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah thats why I said maybe they'd have Stane as a figure to fit in the cockpit. 

Off subject, its kind of ironic that Thor looks like Lebowski later in the series, and Stane is played by the great Jeff Bridges, who immortalized Lebowski. 😎

One other thing, maybe that price list is wrong. Wouldn't be the first time something was listed for a higher price than what it actually is.

It could be possible the price is wrong, we wlll have to wait for the actual reveal

Hopefully we know what sets 2, 8 and 9 are soon. There's so many things I still want from the MCU, so hopefully at least some of them get checked off with those. Is it too much to hope that all the figures in this set are completely new? Aside from the potential Obadiah and possibly parts of Thanos and MK 85. I'm still hoping for new legs at least on that Thanos, but it'll probably just be new paint and a new left arm.

2 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

2021 is definitely showing itself as MCU heavy. As much as that's a bummer for me I guess my wallet is relieved. 

2021 and 2022 are gonna be MCU Heavy by necessity, thanks to the backlog of Marvel movies that they're going to try to get out to theaters ASAP.  Assuming no more changes, we're getting 4 MCU flicks between now and the end of the year (Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals, and Spider-Man: No Way Home) though most of the Black Widow product has already come and gone and Shang-Chi figures have already been released.    2022 brings us Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, and The Marvels (albeit in a less compressed timeframe).  To say nothing of further possible Disney+ waves or further assortments like The Infinity Saga/MCU 10th/Etc... stuff.

But we also know that there's a Retro FF wave we haven't fully seen, and another Age of Apocalypse Wave on the docket for later this year, to say nothing of further fan channel exclusives, the rumored Excalibur pack, whatever the HasLab item is (though we won't likely get it in our hands until 2023) and any other assortments we haven't seen yet (probably a couple in the No Way Home wave?).  Either way, comic stuff is far from forgotten.   And that's on top of the comic-based stuff we've already gotten this year. 

3 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

2021 and 2022 are gonna be MCU Heavy by necessity, thanks to the backlog of Marvel movies that they're going to try to get out to theaters ASAP.  Assuming no more changes, we're getting 4 MCU flicks between now and the end of the year (Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals, and Spider-Man: No Way Home) though most of the Black Widow product has already come and gone and Shang-Chi figures have already been released.    2022 brings us Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, and The Marvels (albeit in a less compressed timeframe).  To say nothing of further possible Disney+ waves or further assortments like The Infinity Saga/MCU 10th/Etc... stuff.

But we also know that there's a Retro FF wave we haven't fully seen, and another Age of Apocalypse Wave on the docket for later this year, to say nothing of further fan channel exclusives, the rumored Excalibur pack, whatever the HasLab item is (though we won't likely get it in our hands until 2023) and any other assortments we haven't seen yet (probably a couple in the No Way Home wave?).  Either way, comic stuff is far from forgotten.   And that's on top of the comic-based stuff we've already gotten this year. 

It's probably a good thing. Like I said, that means my wallet can be at peace for a while since the past couple years have seen my Avengers roster grow like wild. I'm still really tempted by those FF figures just because those outfits remind me of Walt Simonson's run.

6 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Hopefully we get a new mold for the Mark 3 and not another repaint of the small anorexic original release....

The small, anorexic original that had the bendy gummy leg. Yes. Definitely needs updating. Its supposed to be a suit of armor...but no human could fit in that thing.

I normally pass on the MCU figures but the sculpt work has been really good. The texture of the sculpt in the deadpool of the 2 pack was really good..same is for the shang chi movie figures...I assume they will do the same for this upcoming MCU figures.....I hope hasbro will be more consistent on this one especially on comic figures. the darkstar (iron man wave), Professor X and almost all of the hox figures badly needed texture and sculpt..everything is just painted.

1 hour ago, mako said:

I'm gonna be sorely disappointed if they don't have SOME Captain America representation there. An improved Worthy Cap or new sculpt of the First Avenger Cap would be great.

Their First Avenger cap is so outdated and THE HIPS. I was so salty when they reissued it in that Avengers Endgame wave. 

I'd be happy to see a good First Avenger/End of Winter Soldier Cap.

And if they never do another Avengers (as in the first movie) Cap again that would be fine too, because that costume was bad enough I don't even care to have it in my collection, though I'll grant it was one of the few superhero costumes I've ever seen that looked markedly better when the actor was unmasked than when he was.

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

I'd be happy to see a good First Avenger/End of Winter Soldier Cap.

And if they never do another Avengers (as in the first movie) Cap again that would be fine too, because that costume was bad enough I don't even care to have it in my collection, though I'll grant it was one of the few superhero costumes I've ever seen that looked markedly better when the actor was unmasked than when he was.

I'm the exact opposite and would love to see the Avengers 2012 costume done right as that's the closest we ever got to his comic appearance and it looked great in motion. I do agree with you though and would also like  a good WWII costume figure. 

SIDENOTE: I have the crappy Endgame re-release everyone is talking about and it leaves a LOT to be desired. I don't really go for movie figures but that would an update to that thing would get me very interested.

2 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

Their First Avenger cap is so outdated and THE HIPS. I was so salty when they reissued it in that Avengers Endgame wave. 

Wait, are you talking about the one from the first Avengers movie? Because I actually meant the WWII suit from Captain America: The First Avenger.

Saw this on Facebook so take it with a huge grain of salt but here is supposedly what the what if series will be about. We have some guess as to what the wave will look like.

-What If Peggy Carter took the Super Soldier Serum?
-What If T'Challa was taken by Yondu and became a Ravager? 
-What If Ultron wielded the Infinity Stones?
-What If Iron Man never made it through back thru the portal and was trapped on Sakkar?
-What If Loki became king of Asgard and Thor became, Party Thor?
-What If Loki wielded Mjolnir?
-What If Steve Rogers became Spider-Man?
-What If Marvel Zombies?
-What If Gamora never met the Guardians?
-What If Doctor Strange joined Dormammu?
-What If The Collector was ripped??

15 minutes ago, tarot said:

Saw this on Facebook so take it with a huge grain of salt but here is supposedly what the what if series will be about. We have some guess as to what the wave will look like.

-What If Peggy Carter took the Super Soldier Serum?
-What If T'Challa was taken by Yondu and became a Ravager? 
-What If Ultron wielded the Infinity Stones?
-What If Iron Man never made it through back thru the portal and was trapped on Sakkar?
-What If Loki became king of Asgard and Thor became, Party Thor?
-What If Loki wielded Mjolnir?
-What If Steve Rogers became Spider-Man?
-What If Marvel Zombies?
-What If Gamora never met the Guardians?
-What If Doctor Strange joined Dormammu?
-What If The Collector was ripped??

Even with a grain of salt most of these sound pretty S.H.!??¥.. 

On 5/7/2021 at 1:06 AM, mako said:

I'm gonna be sorely disappointed if they don't have SOME Captain America representation there. An improved Worthy Cap or new sculpt of the First Avenger Cap would be great.

I'm thinking the same thing. They can't make an Infinity Saga line without Captain America. I would love more than any other version, to see an improved Cap from Endgame, because that first one was also an exclusive and not many people got it. But even if it's not Endgame Cap, I don't really care as far as it's a good figure. As far as preference goes, I think my second favorite would be final battle Winter Soldier Cap, or even a proper Infinity War Cap would be awesome for me. 

On 5/6/2021 at 6:31 PM, McHogan said:

Even with a grain of salt most of these sound pretty S.H.!??¥.. 

Yeah that whole "T'Challa meets Yondu and becomes a Ravager"...I dont get that at all. The idea has zero appeal to me (but maybe they'll surprise me).  Same for Steve becoming Spider-Man. Iron Man getting trapped and Peggy taking the serum, that's something that interests me.

WHAT IF is a nice concept, but if handled incorrectly swiftly becomes WHAT FOR?