Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Death Dealer & Xialing Figures Video Review And Images

JayC

TR4K_ALLIANCE takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings Death Dealer & Xialing figures from Hasbro. You can purchase these figures from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for these figures below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-01.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-02.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-03.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-04.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-05.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-06.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-07.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-08.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-09.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-10.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-11.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-12.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-13.jpg

Death-Dealer-and-Xialing-14.jpg

This is really not my type of review. Different, yes I supposeb but just too quirky for my taste. Good on her that she's getting better though.

As far as the figure, its a massive let down. Just got mine in the mail and all the complaints are fair and valid. There's really not anything I can add that hasn't been said. They screwed up the most interesting design in this wave and though I was hoping it would be better in hand, that's not the case. Strictly storage bin worthy. Death Dealer, meet Iron Skull and Cottonmouth. You'll be spending eternity together, double bagged and locked away from society. Ironically this means you'll last many times longer than the other figures in my collection.

17 minutes ago, Bluecomet said:

TR4K_ALLIANCE is really good in showcasing the figure, you can see the colors clearly with their lighting. It is a quick and useful review, not your typical points of articulation discussion but it does show how you can pose the figure which is good. 

Truth is there have already been so many reviews of these Shang-Chi figures posted if your only interest is seeing the figures its hard to imagine you haven't already gotten that look. We've posted at least 3 different reviews for these on MN alone.

I thought in this case it was just a fun video to watch and nice to see people getting creative with their work.

Honestly, not a fan of these type review videos. I prefer the ones where you just get in there, show the figure, articulation, comparison with other figures; "like, share, subscribe" . . . done.

Far be it from me to rag on a cute girl wielding a sword, but I really dislike the reviewers who feel they have to put on some kind of show. I'm there to see the figures, not your unique comedy stylings.

7 minutes ago, mako said:

Honestly, not a fan of these type review videos. I prefer the ones where you just get in there, show the figure, articulation, comparison with other figures; "like, share, subscribe" . . . done.

Far be it from me to rag on a cute girl wielding a sword, but I really dislike the reviewers who feel they have to put on some kind of show. I'm there to see the figures, not your unique comedy stylings.

I'm sorry someone came into your house and grabbed your hand and forced you to click "play" and then held you down until the review had completed so you couldn't stop watching it.  That must have been very traumatic for you.

14 hours ago, mako said:

Haha on average our TR4K videos are half the running time of most of the reviews that come up when you search for similar subjects. That's our a goal.. a quick and concise look at the toy in question.That "show" was forty seconds of a video that is under four minutes. I feel like you'll be hard pressed to find a review with that running time. The decision to not make "full reviews" is as deliberate as our decision to wear gloves. Completely our own. To make the content that we want. And you're completely entitled to your opinion, this is after all... the internet. But if you don't like the way we do things you should totally check out our friends like MCU Collector 24 for a more in-depth review. You won't find it with us. Sorry. We appreciate you for moving along next time you see us on a scroll. 

3 hours ago, sorry_tr4k said:

Haha on average our TR4K videos are half the running time of most of the reviews that come up when you search for similar subjects. That's our a goal.. a quick and concise look at the toy in question.That "show" was forty seconds of a video that is under four minutes. I feel like you'll be hard pressed to find a review with that running time. The decision to not make "full reviews" is as deliberate as our decision to wear gloves. Completely our own. To make the content that we want. And you're completely entitled to your opinion, this is after all... the internet. But if you don't like the way we do things you should totally check out our friends like MCU Collector 24 for a more in-depth review. You won't find it with us. Sorry. We appreciate you for moving along next time you see us on a scroll. 

It's called an OPINION. Everybody gets one. If you ladies can't deal with that, sit back and enjoy a nice tall glass of "GROW THE F--- UP!"

BTW: Did you make up this ID just to post that reply?

3 hours ago, mako said:

It's called an OPINION. Everybody gets one. If you ladies can't deal with that, sit back and enjoy a nice tall glass of "GROW THE F--- UP!"

Did you even read the post you’re responding to? It was extremely cordial, and covered the “you having an opinion” territory pretty comprehensively.

7 hours ago, mako said:

Nope. I'm a member of TR4K but I can't speak for all the members. Just myself. I shoot and edit all the videos. (I'm not the host "iElf" ... she doesn't much care about these kinds of comments or exchanges) but my regular handle is @Sorry_tr4k feel free to follow me on instagram. So no no no, as we've established, I don't make things specifically for you. I've had this handle just don't post much. Anyway, I acknowledged your opinion. It's cool for you to have it. I'm just not going to praise your criticism when I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment because that's MY OPINION. You have yours. I have mine. I disagree with the things you said and you disagree with mine. I can accept that you have a different one and I encourage you to not watch our videos because they're obviously not made for you. I can accept that we do not have a viewer in you. I accept your opinion and provided you with alternatives that you can look into as alternatives and actionable solutions. Can you accept mine? 

I don't want to grow up because if I did... I wouldn't be a Toys R Us kid (or engage with people getting upset over a toy discussion). Thank you again for tuning in. Sorry our videos are not for you. Hope you have a good day and find the toys you're looking for. 

On 5/6/2021 at 11:10 PM, JayC said:

Truth is there have already been so many reviews of these Shang-Chi figures posted if your only interest is seeing the figures its hard to imagine you haven't already gotten that look. We've posted at least 3 different reviews for these on MN alone.

I thought in this case it was just a fun video to watch and nice to see people getting creative with their work.

Totally agree with you @JayC. I think I lost interest in watching reviews of the other popular action figure reviewers...this kind of review is refreshing and different. We already know that marvel legends has 1 million points of articulation, all I really want to see is how the sculpt and paint work compliments their action poses.

On 5/6/2021 at 5:10 AM, JayC said:

Yes, it was fun, I agree. At least she's enjoying her work. I was glad you posted it. At the same time this really just accents the weak line here. In the almost 4 minute long video, her actual "review" of the TWO figures is less than 40 seconds.

I sure hope a comic -accurate Shang-Chi wave is coming soon!

On 5/8/2021 at 2:59 AM, Atlantis said:

Yes, it was fun, I agree. At least she's enjoying her work. I was glad you posted it. At the same time this really just accents the weak line here. In the almost 4 minute long video, her actual "review" of the TWO figures is less than 40 seconds.

I sure hope a comic -accurate Shang-Chi wave is coming soon!

1654701264_ShangChiIFWhiteTiger.thumb.jpg.a77beb6822078565a6e50d2a4b7078e9.jpgThese 3 plus Cat & Razor Fist! Jack of ❤️ is hit or miss with me, very colorful character but never cared for him.

• 1 month later...

IMO, instead of that Katy figure that's rotting on the pegs by the dozens at my local Targets, Hasbro shoulda utilized either the topless Ironfist buck or comic Shang Chi  upper torso, slapped on a pair of pants/shoes, a cat tattoo on his chest with 2 new head sculpts, 4 sets of hands/Bo staff with Spear & given us the Cat. I guarantee that guy isn't gonna be peg warming!

iaPBfQw.jpgL6FhhBM.png

17 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

IMO, instead of that Katy figure that's rotting on the pegs by the dozens at my local Targets, Hasbro shoulda utilized either the topless Ironfist buck or comic Shang Chi  upper torso, slapped on a pair of pants/shoes, a cat tattoo on his chest with 2 new head sculpts, 4 sets of hands/Bo staff with Spear & given us the Cat. I guarantee that guy isn't gonna be peg warming!

iaPBfQw.jpgL6FhhBM.png

Pretty much all of the movie-based figures, other than maybe Death Dealer, aren't going to sell well until the movie opens, and then if people like the movie. Katy is played by a popular actress/comedian, and includes that little creature... Moris? Odds are, if people like the movie, they'll like her, and she'll sell decently, if not fast. That'll be especially true with The Eternals wave- that one sic completely sink or swim based on audience reaction to the movie. It's just a bummer that it was too late to push back the release of the Shang-Chi figures again.

That being said, The Cat would be a cool figure.

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Movie or no movie, the restrictive clothing sculpts on these figs limit them to the status of staction figures. They're all martial artists & you can barely get any of them into legit MA poses. Now if your thing is to just pose figs in one stance & leave em be, you might as well collect statues.

That's an exaggeration- the old McFarlane figures were statues. So far, the only MCU Shng-Chi figure that I've bought and opened is Katy- she's fully articulated, and you can get her in some good archery poses. The rigidity of her dress IS frustrating, though- especially since her legs are fully articulated. This IS a regular issue with Hasbro, unfortunately- it happens with Some Star Wars figures, too. You would THINK they would take that in to consideration; despite the stereotypes, I feel like a majority of collectors, many more than, say 20 years ago, open their figures. Ninjas and Jedi need to move. Heck, even if it looked slightly off, I think I'd be fine with well-done soft goods, if it allowed for full posability.