Marvel Legends Bring On The Bad Guys Wave In-Hand Figure Images

JayC

J. Cortes sends in the first in-hand images for the new Marvel Legends Bring On The Bad Guys wave. This wave includes Arcade, God Doom, Dormammu, The Hood, Lady Deathstrike, Red Skull and AIM Scientist Supreme. The Build-A-Figure for the wave is Xenmu.

Currently not shown below is the Xenmu Build-A-Figure. We should have more in-hand images for the entire wave to show you tomorrow. For now you can check out this video they did showing off the Arcade figure in greater detail. The video is in Spanish.

You can pre-order these figures from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-01.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-02.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-03.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-04.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-05.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-06.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-07.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-08.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-09.jpg

I'm really happy I pre-ordered this wave (sans Doom). I do have a few minor nit-picks, such as Red Skull's head looking too small/narrow for that body, and Dormammu's eyes and mouth not being yellow, and... well, everything about the ****ing Hood. Overall, though, they look really good and I'm glad to have most of these characters in my collection now.

Red Skull is the only figure in this I have pre-ordered. I do have to say that his elbow joints don't look as bad in this image as they did the shots from the initial announcement but it's hard to tell since both elbows are bent in this image. I'm definitely painting that armband red and may swap the head with the one from the Winter Soldier wave. Definitely excited for that figure.

Pretty nice wave overall. Something off  about that Doom to me.

The Hood is so bad. It shocks me a little that Hasbro will drop a turkey like this guy every once in a while. They have come so far but still whiff on a few recent releases. 

I originally thought I’d pre-order this wave but honestly not expecting  them to be too hard to find.

1 hour ago, Satam said:

The colors on Dormammu's head looks much better than what we previously saw, that long-haired Arcade figure looks even more like Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor than I expected, Red Skull still needs a wash or something, and the Hood still sucks.

I agree about Red Skull, and I am hoping that the Red Skull head from the Iron Skull figure fits because the wash on that one was perfect and I have kept it for a custom that now I will not need to make!

10 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Pretty nice wave overall. Something off  about that Doom to me.

The Hood is so bad. It shocks me a little that Hasbro will drop a turkey like this guy every once in a while. They have come so far but still whiff on a few recent releases. 

I originally thought I’d pre-order this wave but honestly not expecting  them to be too hard to find.

Interestingly enough, I think the color scheme on the Stan Lee figure is better suited for The Hood... wondering if it will kit bash well.

I don't know what was more baffling- that they originally showed Dormammu with his customary, correct, yellow eyes and mouth, or that during the Boog _ACBA Hasbro Pulse Post Fan Fest 2021 video interview, the hasbro team tried to play off that version as a "render", and not intended to be the final product. This really does distract from the figure.

The Arcade figure is another I passed on; he was never a must get for me, but neither head they have for him looks like the face from the comics. 

The Red Skull is another odd, how-did-they-mess-this-up figure for me. Its like they almost got it, then had some brain fart. Its not a bad one and I plan to get it, but its weird.

I like the AIM scientist supreme best. He'll fit in well with the AIM troopers I already have. 

The Hood is a joke. Please. The whole thing has "afterthought" stamped all over it.

I'm definitely looking forward to these! I'm most thankful for the new characters not previously done: Xemnu, Arcade, Hood and Scientist Supreme. Doom, Lady Deathstrike and Red Skull are all just ok but good enough that I'll likely hold on to them as modern alternatives to the Toy Biz versions I currently have in my display.  Dormammu is the one that I have no interest in at all as I strongly prefer the more modern looking SDCC version (re-released as BAF).

If this wave proves unpopular enough to hit clearance shelves I could certainly see picking up extras of Hood, Arcade and Skull for use in customs.

Like I said when this wave was initially announced, This wave seems extremely rushed. HOWEVER, I love the entire line up. we got 4 brand new character (though one of them was badly executed), 3 classic renditions of much beloved character and one requested version of Doom (yes, it was requested).

Honestly for some people I think (IMO) that they were disappointed that their wants didn't make and now they don't like the wave because of it. But except for maybe Doom (still debating whether I should put it on my shelf), all of these are figure you should have in your collections.

14 minutes ago, tarot said:

Like I said when this wave was initially announced, This wave seems extremely rushed. HOWEVER, I love the entire line up. we got 4 brand new character (though one of them was badly executed), 3 classic renditions of much beloved character and one requested version of Doom (yes, it was requested).

Honestly for some people I think (IMO) that they were disappointed that their wants didn't make and now they don't like the wave because of it. But except for maybe Doom (still debating whether I should put it on my shelf), all of these are figure you should have in your collections.

Rushed? I really don't get that vibe, but then again, after the last year or so, you could probably say that about any given wave and be right to a point.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty happy with the wave. Granted, Doom still mystifies me, and I continue to wonder what they were thinking when they came up with the Hood figure (I actually LIKE the figure, but honestly), but getting Lady Deathstrike more than makes up for any shortcomings.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Honestly for some people I think (IMO) that they were disappointed that their wants didn't make and now they don't like the wave because of it.

I'm sort of the reverse case. When the wave was first rumored, I think Red Skull was listed as "Hydra Supreme" and a lot of the speculation was that the figure would be the evil Hydra Steve Rogers from the Secret Empire story arc. I had zero interest in that, or the Hood, or God-Emperor Doom, and I assumed this would be yet another wave that only has two or three figures that appeal to me. But the fact that it was Red Skull, one of my Top 3 most-wanted villains, and that Doom didn't come with a BAF piece made it an easy call for me to pre-order the other six figures, and now Xemnu will be my second completed build-a-figure. 

I don't really think anything in this wave is rushed, just some of it poorly executed. But it's no worse than any other wave, not every figure can be perfect.  For me the Hood is the obvious problem child in this wave as he just feels like a mess but there is a positive with him in the cool effects on his handguns. 

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I'm sort of the reverse case. When the wave was first rumored, I think Red Skull was listed as "Hydra Supreme" and a lot of the speculation was that the figure would be the evil Hydra Steve Rogers from the Secret Empire story arc. I had zero interest in that, or the Hood, or God-Emperor Doom, and I assumed this would be yet another wave that only has two or three figures that appeal to me. But the fact that it was Red Skull, one of my Top 3 most-wanted villains, and that Doom didn't come with a BAF piece made it an easy call for me to pre-order the other six figures, and now Xemnu will be my second completed build-a-figure. 

Yeah, I thought it was going to be a Stevil re-release, but nope it was the Skull, either way it's another character for my (small) Hordes of Hydra