Marvel Legends Bring On The Bad Guys Wave In-Hand Figure Images

JayC

Hood was mailed in. Red Skull has that weird elbow joint upper/lower arm  separation that reminds me of those Gawd awful early Hasbro Hydra grunts elbows/knees that looked like sausages.  Arcade is a lame character and why are people gonna actually have his figure doing? He's not a fighter. 1classic Doom is enough for me, don't care for nor need variants of the guy. AIM has never been a organization I really cared for nor their NBC hazmat suit looks. BAF is a D level character I don't think I even have a comic of him being in. Huge pass. Dormammu is another character I've never cared for as while I like Dr Strange, I never collected his comic, on!y time I read comics with him  was when he teamed up with Spidey in MTU or a few Defenders issues. Yuriko is the best character in this wave & a needed member of the Reavers of which we got Skullbuster & Donald Pierce as well. Hopefully, Hasbro has plans to make Pretty boy, Cole , Macon , Reese & what's his name with the lower tank tread body.

56 minutes ago, Brenttoo said:

Not sure about the rest of the figure, but the texture on The Hood's cloak is beautiful. Its details like that that impress me. That can make or break a whole figure.

Makes sense. To my mind, the "star" of the set IS the cloak, and the actual figure was probably made to look as generic as possible. Sort of like what they did with cloak. The important parts were the cloak and head, and the body was just a blank buck.

This is still a pretty excellent wave in my eyes, just in terms of the fact Hasbro actually gave us a whole wave of villains and I hope they continue. I initially thought I would pull the trigger on everyone because I wanted to build xemnu but I changed that tune, as much as I love xemnu this rendition doesn't do it for me, I also can't justify buying a bunch of figures I have no interest in, I,m only getting Deathstrike, dormammu, red skull and aim scientist , the rest well I won't rant on about but let's say I never liked arcade because hes a clown, this figure looks like Shawn white, and the hood is awful, and I really don't need a forgettable doom. I am happy we are finally getting some much needed baddies though .

As a whole, this wave is pretty OK. It just has a few design flaws that bother me. Red Skiull's elbows do look weird which is troubling considering how well they did the sleeved arms used on the Netflix Punisher and Gambit and Maddrox figures. And by no angle does the Hood's hood look natural. I know its a magical cloak but its not supposed to be floating like 6 inches above and around his head. This is also troubling because someone at Hasbro on another team figured out how to do a snug fitting hood while still making it fairly functional.

Hasbro-GI-Joe-Classified-Series-Zartan-Review-accessories.jpg

Most of this wave looks cool but man that hood looks awful. He will be in the worst action figure lists guaranteed. Sorry for those that like it. Deathstrike and Dorm are definitely the winners for me.. Arcade is cool, Supreme is cool too.. Doom looks weird to me same with Skull. 

I wonder how each individual figure will sell.....Pretty sure Hood will be the weakest....Red Skull will sell quickly because of the numerous Captain America collectors...Lady Death Strike and Arcade will sell because of X-men collectors..AIM Scientist is needed if you are buying the MODOK deluxe figure....Dormammu looks great, so it will sell as well

Really think the hood will go for a discount and people will use his body as a kit bash

Going to want to get Dormammu, Arcade, and AIM Scientist Surpereme.  I am wondering if the BAF Dormammu head can fit on this body or not?  But even if it doesn't, I want to get it.  AIM Surpreme is going to look good with the rest of the AIM 2 pack I got.  And Arcade, well, I only really know him from the old SNES Spider-man X-men: Arcade's Revenge video game, so I kind of want to get him just for that.  And let's face it, unless Arcade is used in a future movie or cartoon series, I highly doubt we'll ever see another Arcade figure again(Unless Hasbro decides to repaint/redeco the figure down the road, either in the Vintage style packaging, "Fan" or Store Exclusive, multipack, etc.).  I kind of get a Kevin Bacon vibe with 1 of his heads.

I may consider Red Skull in order to get a more classic look of the character, but it's not a high on my list, so I'm okay with leaving him.  Even more so since 6" Marvel Legends figures are now going to be about $33 Canadian, up from around $30 Canadian before hand.

6 hours ago, mako said:

Basically, everyone but Doom makes the cut. May see if I can find a better body for the Hood though.

It's not the body of the Hood that's the problem, for me it's the head. Once again, it is an expression (which looks awful) with no alternate neutral head and the Hood doesn't fit well

4 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

"...Most of this wave looks cool but man that hood looks awful. He will be in the worst action figure lists guaranteed. Sorry for those that like it.."

The Hood is so bad because the cloak clearly does not fit him, wasn't made for him, especially if his arms are moved in any pose other than just  hanging straight down. It looks like something from another toy line, slapped onto a standard "civilian" Legends figure. The facial expression doesnt help, either. 

Frankly, I'm not a fan of the Hood and really don't know that much about him, but I do know when a figure is designed well. This one wasn't.

21 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Kinda disappointed how small Deathstrike's hands are, and I may be showing my age but, I look at that Doom figure and all I see is WWF Attitude Era wrestler Val Venis...

"Hellooooooo Lady... Deathstrike... you're going to need bigger hands to handle The Big Doombowski... Wait, careful with those claws!!!"

This is a solid wave. The Hood is easily the stinker of the group. Red Skull has one good-looking head, and one odd-looking head. Dormammu is great, besides the missing paint ops on his face, and Scientist Supreme looks good. I have no attachment to, or knowledge of, this version of Doom, so I can't vouch for its accuracy, etc.. For me Lady Deathstrike and Arcade are easily the standouts. Hasbro still needs to make some suited arms with less-awkward elbow joints, but besides that, Arcade is great, and my favorite figure of the wave. 

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

The Hood is so bad because the cloak clearly does not fit him, wasn't made for him, especially if his arms are moved in any pose other than just  hanging straight down. It looks like something from another toy line, slapped onto a standard "civilian" Legends figure. The facial expression doesnt help, either. 

Frankly, I'm not a fan of the Hood and really don't know that much about him, but I do know when a figure is designed well. This one wasn't.

They have to have that hood/cloak in mind for someone that it suits better. That or the reuse of the suit body is what throws this piece off. Either way, you're remark that it wasn't made for him seems on point.

On 5/7/2021 at 11:06 PM, monron999 said:

This is also troubling because someone at Hasbro on another team figured out how to do a snug fitting hood while still making it fairly functional.

Hasbro-GI-Joe-Classified-Series-Zartan-Review-accessories.jpg

Someone on another Hasbro team also managed to make an even weirder hood, so they’re all over the place.

spacer.png

On 5/7/2021 at 7:11 PM, mako said:

I was thinking the cloak might look better on one of the "suit" bodies.

I originally thought the same thing, but as I looked at comic pics of The Hood, most of the ones I found were the exact same color scheme as the Stan Lee figure (none of them included bright green pants or a bright blue jacket). I also think the darker Stan Lee colors will look great against that red cape. And by the way the Stan Lee head looks best on the Peter Parker body with the white sneakers (and since he came with the Cap Shield I put Thor's hammer in one hand, and replaced one of his hands with a Spider-man hand - much better way to display Stan).

On 5/8/2021 at 1:45 AM, leokearon said:

It's not the body of the Hood that's the problem, for me it's the head. Once again, it is an expression (which looks awful) with no alternate neutral head and the Hood doesn't fit well

There should be a mandate that all "screaming/yelling" head sculpts shall be accompanied by a "stoic/stern/mean looking" head sculpt. Thanos/Beast/Sabertooth/Hulk/Thunderstrike are looking at you Hasbro!

12 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

There should be a mandate that all "screaming/yelling" head sculpts shall be accompanied by a "stoic/stern/mean looking" head sculpt. Thanos/Beast/Sabertooth/Hulk/Thunderstrike are looking at you Hasbro!

Any expression head, should come with at least a neutral head. Nightcrawler was one who did it right.