Marvel Legends Bring On The Bad Guys Wave In-Hand Figure Images

JayC

I wonder if we will see a customizer try to salvage The Hood with a repainted cape and hood from a Doctor Doom. If you snipped the chain connecting the two disks in Doom's cape, detached the head from the hood and painted both red, you'll be left with a perfect cape  for Robbins. One could also customize a Monster Venom head and use it to make a possessed Hood.

On 5/7/2021 at 3:50 AM, JayC said:

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-02.jpg

I was looking at this Deathstrike figure and realized not only how good this figure is but how cool it would be if they use same leg proportions or remold of these legs for Psylocke or Elektra, funny enough Lady D looks more like Jim Lee Psylocke than ML version we got. I can even see customizers using this figure, because those lines on the legs could be perfect way to paint those cloth wraps on the legs.  

10 hours ago, Benn said:

Someone on another Hasbro team also managed to make an even weirder hood, so they’re all over the place.

The team has said they have a certain budget to follow for each wave, and some figures will get more attention than others. I'm thinking to spare anymore obvious slapped together figures like Hood, just go with a choice that doesn't require a lot of re-tooling. I could be off base here, but what about the White Tiger, Firebrand, Tarantula, Karnak? Those would for the most part just be repaints of standard figures, right? Constrictor could be considered as well. And if theyre really in the need to do another "civilian" Legend, Joe Robertson would fit well on that Ulysses Klaw figure from the BP wave. 

And likely he wouldnt have a screaming head dialed up to 11 like the Hood does....

20 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

I originally thought the same thing, but as I looked at comic pics of The Hood, most of the ones I found were the exact same color scheme as the Stan Lee figure (none of them included bright green pants or a bright blue jacket). I also think the darker Stan Lee colors will look great against that red cape. And by the way the Stan Lee head looks best on the Peter Parker body with the white sneakers (and since he came with the Cap Shield I put Thor's hammer in one hand, and replaced one of his hands with a Spider-man hand - much better way to display Stan).

Wasn't really thinking in terms of comic accuracy as much as trying to get the figure to a point where I find it cool. Unfortunately, as someone pointed out, the screaming head just doesn't work. What I'll probably end up doing is putting the cloak in an accessory bag, the angry head in my head bag, and just use the body for generic civilians.

Right now, it's just one of those figures where you aren't sure WHERE it'll go in your collection until you have it in hand.

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

When I find that Hood figure for cheap, he'll be my Scrambler from the Marauders.

Now, I'll just need a Malice, Vertigo and one of the bigger dudes on the team (I don't care which one). Hasbro needs to get on this LOL not to mention other X-villain teams like the Nasty Boys and Morlocks. 

1hk7ket101j31.jpg

Looking at this pick I started thinking....watch Hasbro make Prism and he'll end up looking like the perfect classic Iceman we all want 🤣

33 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

Looking at this pick I started thinking....watch Hasbro make Prism and he'll end up looking like the perfect classic Iceman we all want 🤣

Hey, they could use the same body to make Martinex to fill out the 30th century Guardians of the Galaxy. That's three characters from a single unique mold? Not bad.

6 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

I hate you. Now I'm gonna have to get a second Iceman and lop off the top of his head j/k 😬 

Can't believe we still don't have a good Iceman.

4 hours ago, MRT said:

I assumed it was from the comic. I just find it weird that he's just wearing a skirt and belt. I thought maybe the top part got ripped off or something...

I have no answer for you. A tunic is actually a one piece garment that fits like a long shirt; it ends usually somewhere around mid thigh or so. When a belt is worn around the waist, some mistake the tunic as a 2 piece "top" and "skirt". Even professional artists have made this mistake. Modern day fantasy writers/artists have basically modified this garment and use the terms interchangeably. But this thing Doom is wearing cant be a tunic, its not a tabard, surcoat or scapula; in some of the comic pages it looked like a loin cloth of sorts. I don't know what this is but most likely the artist was confused as to what a tunic is, and just decided it was cool to think its a 2-piece thing. Left off the top to show armored torso and left the bottom as you see it. 

• 2 months later...

Zemo & Terrax Are only ones of interest. Zemo needs to be classic 80s version and Terrax needs to be classic but on slightly smaller  buck. Already got iconic classic Thanos/ Leader versions. Classic Kang also just got recently made as well. All these rehashes but no classic Count Nefaria or the 4 characters that really are in need of a redo, the classic Wrecking crew!

On 7/25/2021 at 10:59 PM, SpiderS said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

So supposedly we getting wave two of bad guys with Mephisto, Zemo, BlackHeart and Terrax? 

Wait What whoa! Mephisto, Zemo, Blackheart, Terrax & Abomination (comic?) , man damn, this sounds like a crazy dream.

Those are just a promotional trading card series loosely themed around Marvel Legends waves. The first 7 or 8 are from the Bad Guys wave, and the rest are just “on-theme” characters. That’s not to say we aren’t getting a wave 2, or that some of those characters might not make it, only that that checklist is specifically for wave 2 of a Legends themed trading card set and not a spoiler for anything toy-related.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:15 AM, leokearon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a second Bring of the Bag Guys wave; even reviewers like ShartimusPrime have referred to the the Xemnu wave being Wave 1.

I'd love that so much.  It would be a perfect opportunity to give classic comic book Loki another pass.  I can't even count that Hulk wave figure as a serious attempt.  A classic comic book Zemo is also still conspicuously absent.