Marvel Legends Bring On The Bad Guys Wave In-Hand Figure Images

JayC

On 7/26/2021 at 3:07 PM, MonsterChris said:

I'd love that so much.  It would be a perfect opportunity to give classic comic book Loki another pass.  I can't even count that Hulk wave figure as a serious attempt.  A classic comic book Zemo is also still conspicuously absent.

Yeah we need a Classic Baron Zemo

On 5/9/2021 at 7:01 PM, Atlantis said:

The team has said they have a certain budget to follow for each wave, and some figures will get more attention than others. I'm thinking to spare anymore obvious slapped together figures like Hood, just go with a choice that doesn't require a lot of re-tooling. I could be off base here, but what about the White Tiger, Firebrand, Tarantula, Karnak? Those would for the most part just be repaints of standard figures, right? Constrictor could be considered as well. And if theyre really in the need to do another "civilian" Legend, Joe Robertson would fit well on that Ulysses Klaw figure from the BP wave. 

And likely he wouldnt have a screaming head dialed up to 11 like the Hood does....

That makes way too much sense bru, Hasbro wouldn't go for it.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:00 AM, Benn said:

Those are just a promotional trading card series loosely themed around Marvel Legends waves. The first 7 or 8 are from the Bad Guys wave, and the rest are just “on-theme” characters. That’s not to say we aren’t getting a wave 2, or that some of those characters might not make it, only that that checklist is specifically for wave 2 of a Legends themed trading card set and not a spoiler for anything toy-related.

The tipoff was the idea that Thanos, Abomination and Terrax would all be in the same wave. At best we'd likely get one of those as a BAF.

On 7/26/2021 at 12:43 PM, watanabefan said:

The tipoff was the idea that Thanos, Abomination and Terrax would all be in the same wave. At best we'd likely get one of those as a BAF.

Classic Thanos is done. MCU version has been done to death. Zero reason for him to be done as a BAF. Terrax got the BAF treatment already, needs to be scaled down on a new buck. Abomination just got done as a BAF in the Gameverse wave. 

On 7/27/2021 at 2:23 AM, Gigantor said:

Classic Thanos is done. MCU version has been done to death. Zero reason for him to be done as a BAF. Terrax got the BAF treatment already, needs to be scaled down on a new buck. Abomination just got done as a BAF in the Gameverse wave. 

Would be easier just to rerelease Terrax and update abomination with all new more comic accurate head sculpt, which in both cases would be very inexpensive for Hasbro.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:47 PM, SpiderS said:

Would be easier just to rerelease Terrax and update abomination with all new more comic accurate head sculpt, which in both cases would be very inexpensive for Hasbro.

Yup as soon as the Gamerverse Abomination was revealed I recall seeing people speculating it was only a matter of time before they do a new version with a comic accurate head on the same body. 

Anyway if they do ever get to doing a second Bad Guys wave Mephisto is a no brainer. 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:47 PM, SpiderS said:

That's the thing, Terrax was done on an oversized Buck so no, a rerelease would be the last thing they should do. Hasbro has to re-do Terrax on a new 6.5 scale buck.

On 7/27/2021 at 8:35 AM, RyanDaly said:

Here's a second Bring On the Bad Guys wave that would require hardly any original sculpts or tooling. Most of the figures would be simple redecos with original heads and accessories.

1. Gladiator (Melvin Potter)
  2. Viper / Madame Hydra
  3. Diablo
  4. Count Nefaria
  5. Ghost
  6. Chemistro
  7. Flag Smasher

BAF - Ronan the Accuser

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Not a bad lineup but I'd replace Chemistro with Classic Firebrand.

9kp60Nb.jpg

On 5/11/2021 at 3:41 AM, Atlantis said:

I have no answer for you. A tunic is actually a one piece garment that fits like a long shirt; it ends usually somewhere around mid thigh or so. When a belt is worn around the waist, some mistake the tunic as a 2 piece "top" and "skirt". Even professional artists have made this mistake. Modern day fantasy writers/artists have basically modified this garment and use the terms interchangeably. But this thing Doom is wearing cant be a tunic, its not a tabard, surcoat or scapula; in some of the comic pages it looked like a loin cloth of sorts. I don't know what this is but most likely the artist was confused as to what a tunic is, and just decided it was cool to think its a 2-piece thing. Left off the top to show armored torso and left the bottom as you see it. 

I know this is over a month old, but it's been rattling around in the back of my head because that design is so stupid.  Yeah, he's just straight up wearing a skirt and daring you to say something about it.  But then it hit me: what if he's wearing a breastplate over his tunic?  It's still dumb, but it's the least dumb explanation I can think of.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:41 AM, MonsterChris said:

I know this is over a month old, but it's been rattling around in the back of my head because that design is so stupid.  Yeah, he's just straight up wearing a skirt and daring you to say something about it.  But then it hit me: what if he's wearing a breastplate over his tunic?  It's still dumb, but it's the least dumb explanation I can think of.

I think that works as well as anything else. I haven't read every single comic where Doom is wearing this particular outfit so I can't say there's any depiction of him putting the breastplate over the tunic or not. But why not?