The Trial That Threatens To Divide Mutantkind

JayC

On 5/10/2021 at 11:07 PM, leokearon said:

Because there is always traditionalists who want him to be evil.

Its not traditionalists, its his own repeated actions that mark him as evil. He's threatened, attempted, and committed mass murder, hijacking the USSR's  nuclear arsenal against the entire planet (and don't forget the time the Soviets sent a submarine against him for threating the planet and he crushed the sub, killing the entire crew) . He set off an electromagnetic pulse across the entire planet that decimated electrical technology which would've caused horrific chaos and death to millions- passenger planes, military operations, Hospitals... I can't count the number of times he's tried to kill the X-Men, the Avengers; when he wasn't doing that, he was enslaving them. Can he have a good side and some good qualities, sure. But its not the same thing as giving him a clean slate. Not everything he's done can be justified as "trying to protect mutantkind". Besides, some of his bloodthirsty actions killed mutants, too.

Of course the "writers" at Marvel will try to make him "good" for awhile, do something stupid like having guys like him join the Avengers or whatever. Now and then he'll go on "trial"; its the same silly nonsensical trope as "the revolving door of death". And it has the same boring, desensitizing effect....resulting in Who Cares.....

It seems like the best villains always end up playing the hero (or anti-hero) role at some point - and sometimes permanently. Magneto is just one example. Venom, Deadpool, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Red Hulk, Black Cat, etc......

Wow...I did not even consider it being Wanda who was killed. 

Very intriguing and for those of you who have read my posts about modern comics y'all know it takes ALOT to interest me.

I know Wanda will eventually make her return but this has my attention. (As long as she does not come back as a PHOENIX host!)

I hope this puts to rest that INHUMAN angle and that she REALLY IS A MUTANT...AND MAGNETOS DAUGHTER!!  

On 7/1/2021 at 12:37 AM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Very intriguing and for those of you who have read my posts about modern comics y'all know it takes ALOT to interest me.

I know Wanda will eventually make her return but this has my attention. (As long as she does not come back as a PHOENIX host!)

I hope this puts to rest that INHUMAN angle and that she REALLY IS A MUTANT...AND MAGNETOS DAUGHTER!!  

There never was an Inhuman angle. The retcon is that she was genetically enhanced by the High Evolutionary, just that. Also, with the X-Men having invented a failsafe to cheat death that they use only on mutants, there's no way the series won't have a moment of "it turns out Wanda was a mutant all along, so we can bring her back."

On 7/1/2021 at 1:37 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Mutant's get resurrected nowadays...Siryn and Kid Omega died and get resurected multiple times already...saying that now..I see how the Pieta is like a representation of what will happen

image.thumb.jpeg.51513e4a5fe1aa3873c3804bbec02a80.jpeg 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:37 AM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Wanda was never an Inhuman. 

Once again Wanda is being used as a plot device rather than a character, I just hope that when she does come back, HOM and the Pretender nonsense will finally be laid to rest.

On 7/1/2021 at 5:32 AM, ADour said:

There never was an Inhuman angle. The retcon is that she was genetically enhanced by the High Evolutionary, just that. Also, with the X-Men having invented a failsafe to cheat death that they use only on mutants, there's no way the series won't have a moment of "it turns out Wanda was a mutant all along, so we can bring her back."

Given she went through a Krakoan gate on her own seems that they are already planning she's a mutant again angle.

On 6/30/2021 at 11:32 PM, ADour said:

Oh..I thought it was "She's an Inhuman" 

Cool...I hope it's a good story and she comes back soon. Im a big Wanda (as a mutant) fan as well as Quicksilver. And I like the storyline that they are Magnetos kids. 

On 7/1/2021 at 8:29 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Oh..I thought it was "She's an Inhuman" 

Cool...I hope it's a good story and she comes back soon. Im a big Wanda (as a mutant) fan as well as Quicksilver. And I like the storyline that they are Magnetos kids. 

I don't mind Wanda being a mutant but I'm not a fan of the twins being Magneto's kids.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:31 PM, leokearon said:

I don't mind Wanda being a mutant but I'm not a fan of the twins being Magneto's kids.

But it was set up so perfect so long ago. My jaw hit the table when I saw the scene in X-Men where it was revealed that Magda was his wife as well as the twins mother. Loved it! What's the reason you don't care for that storyline?

On 7/1/2021 at 8:33 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

But it was set up so perfect so long ago. My jaw hit the table when I saw the scene in X-Men where it was revealed that Magda was his wife as well as the twins mother. Loved it! What's the reason you don't care for that storyline?

Because for the most part the relationship only benefits Magneto, the twins never really got anything from it except for more baggage 

On 7/1/2021 at 1:58 AM, leokearon said:

Given she went through a Krakoan gate on her own seems that they are already planning she's a mutant again angle.

Hopefully Speed & Wiccan also get made mutants, also Luna should also be there seeing how she’s Pietro’s kid, plus that story of mutant and inhuman genes cancelling each other out never sat right with me especially with other subspecies having kids with other subspecies and those genes never canceled each other out. Also hope Wanda punches Exodus in the face for all the pretender crap. Also if Billy does become a mutant, I’d assume Krakoa and the Kree/Skrull Alliance are going to become allies, Krakoa really gonna become a force to reckon with 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:05 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

Hopefully Speed & Wiccan also get made mutants, also Luna should also be there seeing how she’s Pietro’s kid, plus that story of mutant and inhuman genes cancelling each other out never sat right with me especially with other subspecies having kids with other subspecies and those genes never canceled each other out. Also hope Wanda punches Exodus in the face for all the pretender crap. Also if Billy does become a mutant, I’d assume Krakoa and the Kree/Skrull Alliance are going to become allies, Krakoa really gonna become a force to reckon with 

I thought Luna was human. Did I miss something? I remember in the X-Men/Avengers cross over from like a hundred years ago Fabian Cortez or Exodus made that a big deal. Master of mutants has a "gene-joke" granddaughter rings a bell. 

On 7/1/2021 at 11:35 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I thought Luna was human. Did I miss something? I remember in the X-Men/Avengers cross over from like a hundred years ago Fabian Cortez or Exodus made that a big deal. Master of mutants has a "gene-joke" granddaughter rings a bell. 

Luna is an inhuman. already gone through the Terrigen mist that allows her to see the emotions of people, which she used to learn her father was lying in one comic.

On 7/1/2021 at 10:05 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

Wiccan and Speed could already be mutants. Given the vagueness of their origins. Also as already shown the Kree/Skrull alliance aren't keen on Krakoa due to their treatment of Wanda, Billy being a mutant isn't going to change that.

Personally I think the killer is Exodus, as he has the motive and power to kill Wanda.

Also given the solicts mention something wrong with the body and Wanda's poorly written antics in the likes of X-Men:Empyre, I hoping the Wanda that dies is a clone.

On 7/2/2021 at 3:09 AM, leokearon said:

Personally I think the killer is Exodus, as he has the motive and power to kill Wanda.

Also given the solicts mention something wrong with the body and Wanda's poorly written antics in the likes of X-Men:Empyre, I hoping the Wanda that dies is a clone.

Yeah I could see the swerve being Exodus, plus the fact he is creating his own Wanda hate cult on Krakoa. I doubt it’ll be a clone but that’s just me 

On 7/2/2021 at 6:09 PM, leokearon said:

Good point..I did not think it was exodus...but he worships magneto as mutant savior. if it is exodus, I wonder if he thought it would backfire? How come Wolverine cannot smell exodus scent but magneto? 

I assumed it was mystique because of her grudge with the council 

On 7/3/2021 at 1:26 AM, RyanDaly said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but... I prefer Wanda and Pietro to not be Magneto's kids. (Polaris neither.) I think the original retcon to make the twins his children was a bad idea and I was glad that Marvel seemingly undid it for a couple years until now. 

Totally with you. It annoys me that some people that want hem to be related have this idealised version of the Magnus Family when it is the complete opposite.  It also annoys me that Wanda takes everything at face value, instead of getting a DNA test

On 7/2/2021 at 9:53 PM, Bluecomet said:

Good point..I did not think it was exodus...but he worships magneto as mutant savior. if it is exodus, I wonder if he thought it would backfire? How come Wolverine cannot smell exodus scent but magneto? 

I assumed it was mystique because of her grudge with the council 

He could easily have found a way of masking his scent after all for the Mystique theory to work, she would have to mask her scent as well.

Exodus probably wouldn't be thinking it would backfire, or wasn't thinking, he had an opportunity to kill the Pretender and he took it.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:47 PM, nWoWolfpack said:

Yeah I could see the swerve being Exodus, plus the fact he is creating his own Wanda hate cult on Krakoa. I doubt it’ll be a clone but that’s just me 

I just want it to be a clone to negate the bad writing she has gotten since the Hickman era.