Sony Venom: Let There Be Carnage Trailer Reveals Carnage

JayC

As a big fan of Venom the character, I loosely enjoyed the first film. I had to turn my brain off and enjoyed the effects and the designs of the characters. This does not have any kind of hype for me aside from a potentially cool venom movie carnage figure that could come out of it. That intro was pretty cringey and it looks a bit goofy. We shall see how it turns out. 

I've been waiting for this for so long. While I have a major love/hate relationship with the first one just because I hate how Sony has handled a lot of their Spider-related property over the past decade, but I love everything about the design of this Venom, including the voice. So I'm psyched to see Carnage. All the pieces exist cinematically now to imagine a live action Carnage: Family Feud storyline (which is one of my favorites).

1 hour ago, ADour said:

My biggest takeaway from this trailer is that they got rid of the Sideshow Bob haircut for Harrelson and he looks so much better now.

I mean, that's what Cletus Kasady's hair was like in the comics.  Anything that they can incorporate into the movies to stay true to the books is a win in my book, even if it's a stupid haircut.  God knows they took plenty of liberties with Venom, and not very many good ones...

1 hour ago, Virtualzach said:

I mean, that's what Cletus Kasady's hair was like in the comics.  Anything that they can incorporate into the movies to stay true to the books is a win in my book, even if it's a stupid haircut.  God knows they took plenty of liberties with Venom, and not very many good ones...

Cletus' hair in the comics is wavy but not curly. It's also shorter and combed upwards, whereas Harrelson's look in the first movie looked more like a bush.

49 minutes ago, ADour said:

Cletus' hair in the comics is wavy but not curly. It's also shorter and combed upwards, whereas Harrelson's look in the first movie looked more like a bush.

I mean...if you want to argue semantics?  They tried to make him look like the comic book character.  If that's all you took away from it, maybe you should skip the movie.  It at least definitely see it by yourself.  lol

92488_big.jpg

Well, the first movie only resembled the comic book character in pretty much name only, so I'm not gonna make too much of what Kasady looks like. I'm not quite as critical about the first movie as many people. It had cool design, decent effects, decent action, and minimal Disney-style politics. I'm not looking for some deep, thoughtful, meaningful, "responsible" story. If I want that, there's plenty of critically, acclaimed, Rotten Tomatoes driven indie poof films to pick from. There's a time and place for that kinda thing, but it ain't in comic book movies. I know if Serkis is involved, there's tons of CGI and motion capture, and he's the Go To for that kinda stuff. It's supposed to be fantasy fiction with cool characters and cool action scenes. Get that right and I'm in.

10 hours ago, Virtualzach said:

I mean...if you want to argue semantics?  They tried to make him look like the comic book character.  If that's all you took away from it, maybe you should skip the movie.  It at least definitely see it by yourself.  lol

92488_big.jpg

It's not even semantics here lol, Cletus' haircut in the panel you posted in your comment does not look remotely similar to this image below from the first movie:

venom-woody-harrelson-como-cletus-kasady And why would I skip the movie if I actually prefer his haircut now? Plus, it's not like it's the only thing I took away from the trailer. I didn't think I'd have to explain a cheeky comment, but I guess here I am.

1 hour ago, Virtualzach said:

Except it is..."curly" versus "wavy" and I can't believe I just spent five mins looking through comic images of Cletus, many of which are "curlier" than others.  What a ridiculous thing to argue about.  lol  Let's just agree to disagree.

I'm down to agree to disagree, but do hit me up if you happen to find one comic image of Cletus with the middle-length semi-afro he sported in the first movie 😉

As much as I didn't love the first movie, and I really wanted to because Venom and Symbiotes are some of my top favorite marvel things, I am totally not going to make any judgements about this movie until I see it, and of course I'm very hyped about it.