Sony Venom: Let There Be Carnage Trailer Reveals Carnage

JayC

Im a huge venom/symbiote fan. When the first venom movie came out, i wanted to be excited but just felt meh.. After watching the first one, I enjoyed it for the most part but it was not ground breaking. This trailer to the sequel is giving me less hype vibes than even the first movies trailer. I will definitely watch it but Im more excited about the anticipation of getting a movie carnage figure after that amazing movie venom fig came out. I try to turn my brain off when I watch garbage like that which does help me enjoy it alittle bit more. I will still see it at some point tho. 

On 8/12/2021 at 12:44 PM, JayC said:
THR reports that Sony has decided to delay the release of the theatrical release of Venom: Let There Be Carnage due to the recent surge of the COVID Delta variant. The movie for now at least is slated for an October 15th release as opposed to Sept. 24.

Deadline has confirmed this but they are also reporting that Sony may bounce the date again since the October 15th is the same release for Universal/Blumhouse/Miramax’s Halloween Kills, and in the wake of MGM/UAR’s 007 title No Time to Die on Oct. 8 and Warner Bros./HBO Max’s Dune on Oct. 22.

Black Widow and The Suicide Squad's poor box office performance were also severely impacted by the fact that people did not need to go to the movie theater to see the movies. Sony doesn't have a streaming platform to rival Disney+ or HBO Max, so it's possible that the box office numbers for Venom and Spider-Man would be much higher, closer to what they expect because audiences have no other venue for watching them. Maybe. 

I don't think it matters at this point, it's a few weeks difference, the world isn't going to change in that time span, so they might as well just release it, and just make sure they keep it out of streaming services, and well people will still probably go, it was Black Widow and Suicide Squad's problem that it was also being streamed at the same time as the theatrical release, if you give people that option most are likely to go with streaming at this point. the big wigs gotta except that right now the box offices numbers are not going to be on a high due to the climate of the world we are in right now.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:35 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

the big wigs gotta except that right now the box offices numbers are not going to be on a high due to the climate of the world we are in right now.

That means the budgets for these movies are going to be dramatically decreased, or the price for streaming service options is going to skyrocket. 

On 8/12/2021 at 4:07 PM, RyanDaly said:

That means the budgets for these movies are going to be dramatically decreased, or the price for streaming service options is going to skyrocket. 

of course, absolutely, but what else can be done, they have 2 options, push the movies back as much as they can, which still hinders their money making, or just release them (in whatever platform that may be, theatres or streaming, or both) and hope for the best which will hinder their money making, as you can see in this thread even, people still don't want to go to the cinemas they are not comfortable or whatever reasons they have, but the industry is sadly going to have to take some hit or make a compromise, the fact is it's a unprecedented time for people, and for the industries affected by the pandemic, they need to bend the rules, and sure pushing things back might help, but it also seems to be hurting things as well, the hype for anything drastically decreases as time goes on in case of Black Widow, if that movie had come out when it was supposed to it probably would have been a box office success (but a pandemic came along and threw a wrench), but the average consumer (not us the super fans) they forgot about it, and moved on as it kept getting pushed back, the average consumer is very fickle and treats things disposably, don't give them the chocolate cookie, they go and find the vanilla cookie.

I'm just saying in all the film industry and so many are going to have to make up new rules whatever they may be, the days of people going to the cinemas may eventually just be dying out anyways, who knows we gotta see what the world looks like after the dust settles. I certainly don't have any answers.

On 8/12/2021 at 10:01 PM, Dodge76 said:

I am not watching movies in theaters anyways. Too much of a risk, plus I am not going to sit there wearing a mask the whole time. I hate to say that.

Same here, even being fully vaccinated the idea of sitting around with a mask on for 2 hours+ doesn't sound fun

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.. just wow, does this movie look like garbage. Have you seen the trailer? 🤣 This poster isn't helping. It's bad though, as I think Hardy is a great actor. Here's hoping Amy Pascal gets covid and in her delirium releases all Spider-Man rights back to Marvel so they can do Venom justice. Feige must being pulling out what hair he has left seeing what Sony is doing with the characters.