Sony Venom: Let There Be Carnage Trailer Reveals Carnage

JayC

Sony today has released a new trailer for Venom: Let There Be Carnage.

You are what you eat. Feast on the new trailer for #Venom: Let There Be Carnage, exclusively in movie theaters this fall.

Tom Hardy returns to the big screen as the lethal protector Venom, one of MARVEL’s greatest and most complex characters. Directed by Andy Serkis, the film also stars Michelle Williams, Naomie Harris and Woody Harrelson, in the role of the villain Cletus Kasady/Carnage. Directed by Andy Serkis, the film also stars Michelle Williams, Naomie Harris and Woody Harrelson, in the role of the villain Cletus Kasady/Carnage.

Directed by: Andy Serkis 
Screenplay by: Kelly Marcel
Story by: Tom Hardy & Kelly Marcel
Based on the Marvel Comics

Cast: 
Tom Hardy
Michelle Williams
Naomie Harris
Reid Scott
Stephen Graham
and Woody Harrelson

I don't wish to imply that the movie will be bad or that it will be a box office failure or whatever, but judging from the trailers it does very little to get one excited. To be fair people look at things differently, but I think many would agree this isn't really promising. Plus there's something about having Venom be a comedian for the most part that doesn't do it for me. In any case the movie isn't out yet so I'll definitely have a better more complete opinion on it when I see it, but right now....yeah not really sold.

The movie looks about the same as the first one, stupid fun, a little darker maybe cause Carnage, I'm excited to see it anyway. Carnage's design looks better the more I see it, though I would have liked just a little more black, particularly the teeth, and maybe a tad brighter red. I do, however, now desperately need a movie Venom and Carnage 2-pack. Maybe a Riot somewhere too.

New Trailer looks fine, looks to be giving me more of the same feelings I had before, I will certainly see this movie for myself before I pass Judgement, I hope it's good, I hope it's better then the first one anyways, one thing that bugs me about all of this venom movie stuff is that it seems conflicted...is it dark and scary? or is it dark and silly?, the silly elements are a turn off, at least they are in the trailers and were in the first movie.

On 8/3/2021 at 11:41 AM, leokearon said:

Maybe a Venom movie wave with Riot as the BAF.

Yeah Hasbro would do that, and then make us wait another 6 years for a comic Riot that we actually all want. I'd still buy it, because symbiotes, but man that would be a huge kick in the shin.

also yeah I've realized that Carnage looks way too much like a Red venom, and isn't really very defined, he looks a bit too large, Carnage is supposed to be smaller and sleeker. 🙄

On 8/3/2021 at 7:41 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah Hasbro would do that, and then make us wait another 6 years for a comic Riot that we actually all want. I'd still buy it, because symbiotes, but man that would be a huge kick in the shin.

also yeah I've realized that Carnage looks way too much like a Red venom, and isn't really very defined, he looks a bit too large, Carnage is supposed to be smaller and sleeker. 🙄

I would love them to finish the life foundation symbiotes though I am missing Scream.

I think they want to make Carnage look more like Venom's spawn. Also going from the trailer Carnage being red us a big deal.

On 8/3/2021 at 2:44 PM, leokearon said:

I would love them to finish the life foundation symbiotes though I am missing Scream.

I think they want to make Carnage look more like Venom's spawn. Also going from the trailer Carnage being red us a big deal.

Life Foundation Symbiotes are probably my most wanted group to be finished by now, we just need Riot and Agony, and if they really want to be nice Hybrid. Agony is an easy scream re-paint. I know they are saving these figs to trickle out in venom waves, but it cane go faster hahah.

yeah true I get what you are saying about the whole Spawn of thing being emphasized, and sorta the ying and yang (if that exists between two psychotic alien parasites haha) but it's like they are trying to make Carnage the same but another color to showcase the family bond and that they are like 2 halves to a...ya you get it. I guess if they made him as different as he is in appearance in the books he'd feel less to the average viewer of kin? I dunno.

On 8/3/2021 at 7:49 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Life Foundation Symbiotes are probably my most wanted group to be finished by now, we just need Riot and Agony, and if they really want to be nice Hybrid. Agony is an easy scream re-paint. I know they are saving these figs to trickle out in venom waves, but it cane go faster hahah.

yeah true I get what you are saying about the whole Spawn of thing being emphasized, and sorta the ying and yang (if that exists between two psychotic alien parasites haha) but it's like they are trying to make Carnage the same but another color to showcase the family bond and that they are like 2 halves to a...ya you get it. I guess if they made him as different as he is in appearance in the books he'd feel less to the average viewer of kin? I dunno.

Yeah, they could release them faster.