Another Look At The Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Retro Wave Human Torch

JayC

Two of the upcoming Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Retro Cardback figures have been listed on Amazon Canada for pre-order. To recap this is what we know about the wave so far.

Fantastic Four – November 2021
F0171 – Assortment UPC: 5010993842780
Retro Carded – No BaF
• F3018 – Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) – 5010993842605
• F0350 – Sue Storm (Invisible Woman) – 5010993842551
• F0351 – Johnny Storm (Human Torch) – 5010993842544
• F0352 – Ben Grimm (The Thing) – 5010993842520
• F0353 – Hxxxxxxxxx – 5010993842537
• F0354 – Pxxxxxxxxx – 5010993842599

Right now F0351 which is the Johnny Storm figure and F0353 which we don't know what the actual figure will be are the only two figures from the wave listed for pre-order on the website.

There was some chatter about a "P" figure and an "H"; outside of Hate-Monger I dont know who associated with FF fits the bill, but wow that choice seems such a long shot. That P and H thing might be misdirection. After all what did "Jungle" have to do with the Wolverine 5 pack.

Well fingers crossed that we're at least getting translucent clear Invisible Woman this time around. Since there's no BAF I doubt Annihilus is on the wing, but maybe Impossible Man or She-Hulk in the N-zone out fit. That new body mold for her, of course she'll need a  better face, and seriously her upper torso needs "more" if they're trying to reflect the comic look.  If theyre going full N-zone outfits then Sue wont be clear, and hopefully Mr. Fantastic won't have that beard. 

Oh, maybe this time we'll get Psycho Man??

4 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Well fingers crossed that we're at least getting translucent clear Invisible Woman this time around. Since there's no BAF I doubt Annihilus is on the wing, but maybe Impossible Man or She-Hulk in the N-zone out fit. That new body mold for her, of course she'll need a  better face, and seriously her upper torso needs "more" if they're trying to reflect the comic look.  If theyre going full N-zone outfits then Sue wont be clear, and hopefully Mr. Fantastic won't have that beard. 

Oh, maybe this time we'll get Psycho Man??

well according to @Lord_Scareglow the wave will consist of this (in obviously comic versions). Not sure about the Invisible woman being clear plastic but given that this is a Vintage line and looking at the past with the original 2 line, the X-men and Spider-man line, you can expect that it will come in a fan channel exclusive at some point.

195078965_3871553152972561_4417748350246

That's interesting, but again could be, and could be misdirection. We know the Hasbro Legends team is not above fake outs, not to mention out- and-out lying. But yeah if they wanna give us the High Evolutionary, I'm damn sure gonna snap it up.

I just realized; if this is showing on Amazon Canada, does that mean Amazon's gonna carry these now instead of Walgreens? Oh I hope so....

6 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

That's interesting, but again could be, and could be misdirection. We know the Hasbro Legends team is not above fake outs, not to mention out- and-out lying. But yeah if they wanna give us the High Evolutionary, I'm damn sure gonna snap it up.

I just realized; if this is showing on Amazon Canada, does that mean Amazon's gonna carry these now instead of Walgreens? Oh I hope so....

After the initial Walgreen and with the Super-Skrull wave, the F4 are general release from now on. So yeah every Retro wave will be release in most place.

Considering Pyschoman was in the original ToyBiz line, I'm thinking he's a lock as the P character. 

When Hasbro is already known for putting multiple Deadpools in a single wave, I wouldn't put it past them to do a flaming Human Torch and Johnny Storm. I would be all for a High Evolutionary though. 

2 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Probably doesn't mean anything as both the "mystery figures" are ten "letters" but that does give enough letters for "HumanTorch" and "Psycho-Man" 

Personally if I were doing an FF "capsule" I'd probably put a Flamed-up Johnny and a Clear/"Invisible" Sue in a two-pack somewhere.

they are not ten letters. Fwoosh only put them in to hid what figures they were. they did the same for the AOA wave.

5 hours ago, Hordak Rules said:

Considering Pyschoman was in the original ToyBiz line, I'm thinking he's a lock as the P character. 

When Hasbro is already known for putting multiple Deadpools in a single wave, I wouldn't put it past them to do a flaming Human Torch and Johnny Storm. I would be all for a High Evolutionary though. 

I thought that was too much to hope for, but Torch, on the same body buck flamed on and not, would be fantastic (no pun intended). 

I still think if they broke up costumes over a series of waves, they'd have a better marketing strategy, but I'm good either way.  Just hope Mr. Fantastic isn't going to have useless salad fork hands this time around. 

59 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I thought that was too much to hope for, but Torch, on the same body buck flamed on and not, would be fantastic (no pun intended). 

I still think if they broke up costumes over a series of waves, they'd have a better marketing strategy, but I'm good either way.  Just hope Mr. Fantastic isn't going to have useless salad fork hands this time around. 

I figured I was fine with the Walgreens flamed on Torch until I saw those crappy Retro figures and how well the classic red flame torch pops in package. I’d love that version. Torch and the upcoming US Agent retro figures are the only  times I’ve been tempted by those 3.75” figures.. 

i agree as well, that the main team could be split into waves to allow an expansion of the FFs corner of the Universe. 

7 hours ago, tarot said:

well according to @Lord_Scareglow the wave will consist of this (in obviously comic versions). Not sure about the Invisible woman being clear plastic but given that this is a Vintage line and looking at the past with the original 2 line, the X-men and Spider-man line, you can expect that it will come in a fan channel exclusive at some point.

195078965_3871553152972561_4417748350246

If true this is a solid wave.. would want to get them all. Really think this retro suits would be the last time I’d have to buy the FF though

Just now, McHogan said:

If true this is a solid wave.. would want to get them all. Really think this retro suits would be the last time I’d have to buy the FF though

Is that based on anything, or just a want list and/or theory? I would be happy to get those two, but I could see them doing Silver Surfer, or one of Galactus' other heralds, in one spot, or maybe even an Inhuman. Psycho Man and High Evolutionary aren't the most-recognizable villains to a lot of folks, so I would be a little surprised to see both in the same wave of just 6 figures. 

As far I know that particular picture is pure speculation at this point. Some one or two on these boards is almost always right when they post these  line ups ..can’t recall if Lord-Scareglow is one with the insider knowledge.

we are getting close to release time though so it won’t be much longer  before the wave is confirmed 

If I have to guess I think we might see this wave being officially revealed within the next month or two, either on the Marvel Monday of July,( which of course is doubtful as they would want to make a big deal of it and it's, well the fourth of July) or in the next livestream (more likely as they have also revealed some figure they have to back over again, IE Compound Hulk and Wolverine).

11 hours ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Is that based on anything, or just a want list and/or theory? I would be happy to get those two, but I could see them doing Silver Surfer, or one of Galactus' other heralds, in one spot, or maybe even an Inhuman. Psycho Man and High Evolutionary aren't the most-recognizable villains to a lot of folks, so I would be a little surprised to see both in the same wave of just 6 figures. 

Far as I can tell its want list/theory....could very well turn out to be correct, could very well turn out to be wrong. As I always say, unless you heard it from Hasbro, its not confirmed. Off-hand, cryptic comments made in an interview aren't proof either.

Back in March, we got word of "welcome to the jungle" based on a listing found at one of the stores/sites (MVL LEGENDS Jungle 2). Speculation was it might be some kind of 2-pack for something jungle themed; could have something to do with the Savage Land, Devil Dinosaur, etc.

Well now we know it turned out to be that Wolverine 5 pack. "Jungle" was a code name that just hid what the actual product was. So this FF wave could stick to the retro cardbacks, could be the line up from the 90s cartoon, could have Psycho Man. And  it could a herald and yes, even an Inhuman. All of those guesses are as good as any at this point. 

Regular reminder that the retro carded Spider-Man wave of six figures was quickly followed by five or six additional retro carded figures as fan channel exclusives. We could see the same thing for the FF wave (we already have, counting Doom). In fact, I'd bet a retro carded Super-Skrull repaint is offered within a couple months of the wave hitting. 

6 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Regular reminder that the retro carded Spider-Man wave of six figures was quickly followed by five or six additional retro carded figures as fan channel exclusives. We could see the same thing for the FF wave (we already have, counting Doom). In fact, I'd bet a retro carded Super-Skrull repaint is offered within a couple months of the wave hitting. 

well, Retro carded might be a stretch for Super-skrull but they might re-release it as the skrull soldier they teased.