Another Look At The Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Retro Wave Human Torch

JayC

26 minutes ago, tarot said:

well, Retro carded might be a stretch for Super-skrull but they might re-release it as the skrull soldier they teased.

Would it? They have put BAF/Deluxe on retro cards before and they could give him some new arms to make him different 

6 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Would it? They have put BAF/Deluxe on retro cards before and they could give him some new arms to make him different 

yes but there was always something different about it and was generally a different costume. The only other costume SS has is his Annihilation or the recent GOTG costume. 

Plus like I said we are more then likely going to get it as a Pulse Army builder so they wouldn't release it as Super-Skrull but instead normal Skrull Soldier.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

well, Retro carded might be a stretch for Super-skrull but they might re-release it as the skrull soldier they teased.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch. Kingpin was one of the first retro Spidey exclusives, and that was barely a year after he came out as a BAF. Super-Skrull is one of the most popular and recognizable FF villains; and if I recall correctly, wasn't he originally rumored to be part of the Walgreens exclusive FF set back in 2017?

Also, without going all Gigantor on scale, the Super-Skrull body is too big for a generic Skrull soldier. 

3 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Fair point. I guess if they'll put a conventionally attractive female head on Callisto, they'll make a Skrull grunt as big and muscular as Crossbones. 

Right?! I mean, seriously....the ONE time when the scrawny female face and body would've been the correct choice  LOL!! All they had to do was take the Phoenix head from the Juggernaut BAF wave, tweak it a bit, boom you're done. I hope if they go generic Skrull, they'll do better.

If they do choose to go with Super Skrull I imagine he'll have some different effects than the BAF...maybe stretched arm with flame, partially invisible legs or something. 

I hope the Inhumans get some Marvel Legends love sooner than later. I really like these characters and I  think a Lockjaw BAF would be " FANTASTIC!"  Crystal, Karnak, Triton and Gorgon are long overdue! 

I'm a huge Byrne era FF fan and he used so many great characters in his run. I hope this FF line continues and includes Wizard, Diablo, Psycho Man,Maximus, Frankie Raye, Firelord, Air Walker, Dragon Man, Trapster, Puppet Master, Annihilous, Attuma, She Hulk, Wyatt Wingfoot and lots of other FF baddies. Maybe a new Franklin and Impossible Man as pack ins? 

I'd like to see a new Namor based on Byrne's artwork. The one we have is just too bulky. 

I think a Terrax figure would be a great Deluxe figure.

Just an FYI HASBRO...We are good on Dooms! No need for more unless it's a Secret Wars Doom or Kristoff as Doom. 

As for Skrull warriors...they need to be smaller that the Super Skrull!! They are little guys in the comics and Super skrull is a BEAST!

6 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I hope the Inhumans get some Marvel Legends love sooner than later. I really like these characters and I  think a Lockjaw BAF would be " FANTASTIC!"  Crystal, Karnak, Triton and Gorgon are long overdue! 

Crystal and Karnak at least would be simple redecos of some already used bodies with new heads. 

Based on the way Dan replied in a tweet to the G.I. Joe Classified Timber last week, I would not be surprised if we see an animal or two in the Marvel Legends future, and I think they know how much fans want Lockjaw. 

6 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I'd like to see a new Namor based on Byrne's artwork. The one we have is just too bulky. 

My biggest beef with Namor is his head. It's too... normal. I want a more stylized slightly triangular head with a flattop. 

13 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

As for Skrull warriors...they need to be smaller that the Super Skrull!! They are little guys in the comics and Super skrull is a BEAST!

If they don't create a brand new body for them, I think Hasbro can reuse the Mr. Fantastic buck. Skrulls have never been depicted as super muscular or ripped; that's not where their power comes from. 

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

"...My biggest beef with Namor is his head. It's too... normal. I want a more stylized slightly triangular head with a flattop..."

I like the Sub-Mariner's body where it is. Byrne drew him as lean/skinny, and I get where he was coming from, but Bill Everett, Severin, John & Sal Buscema, George Perez etc drew him far bigger over a much longer period.

They could use a somewhat smaller form with the 'triangle" head (I like your flattop idea) for a Golden Age version, if they ever come to their senses and give us a golden age wave. Hello!! Sub-Mariner and the Human Torch were the first superheroes, lets go!!

I also hope they take that Namor buck and give us the 70s "savage" Sub-Mariner water wings outfit. 

sub_perez.gif

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

If they don't create a brand new body for them, I think Hasbro can reuse the Mr. Fantastic buck. Skrulls have never been depicted as super muscular or ripped; that's not where their power comes from. 

Mr F buck is the ideal one to use for generic Skrull grunts. Makes zero sense to make identical replicas of SS. He was genetically engineered by Skrull scientists to be powerfuller than the FF combined! All other Regular Skrull grunts should be smaller than him.

Are people really complaining that we got a new head for Callisto (and instead want a reuse of a head that was weak to begin with)?! SMH lol

Besides the new face we got isn't really something I would call "pretty." Aside from the boobage issue (ie. too much) and maybe the choice to go with blues in the hair (always thought that was comic book colouring) I think this is a good Callisto.

THE-FWOOSH-CALLISTO-4-FEATURED.jpeg

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I like the Sub-Mariner's body where it is. Byrne drew him as lean/skinny, and I get where he was coming from, but Bill Everett, Severin, John & Sal Buscema, George Perez etc drew him far bigger over a much longer period.

They could use a somewhat smaller form with the 'triangle" head (I like your flattop idea) for a Golden Age version, if they ever come to their senses and give us a golden age wave. Hello!! Sub-Mariner and the Human Torch were the first superheroes, lets go!!

I also hope they take that Namor buck and give us the 70s "savage" Sub-Mariner water wings outfit. 

sub_perez.gif

Do you not like the namor we got in the okoye wave?

9FD6842B-2CC2-400A-B89B-50C7F8041425.jpeg

4 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

My fave FF drawing!! 

81WYByTz0nL.jpg

Excellent drawing. I had this one, the Avengers and XMen all as screen savers. John Byrne is my all time favorite artist. To me, any hero John drew was the definitive look

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I always thought Paul Smith based Callisto's physical appearance on Patti Smith. I'm not saying one is unattractive, but there's supposed to be a severity and harshness to her look that sets her apart. There's a reason she's a Morlock living in the sewer.

spacer.pngspacer.png

You nailed it.

1 hour ago, LordVenger said:

Do you not like the namor we got in the okoye wave?

9FD6842B-2CC2-400A-B89B-50C7F8041425.jpeg

This is a great figure. This is MY Namor, that Walgreens one  was ok but this was a figure I figured we never get. 

Was very pleased when he was released

28 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Excellent drawing. I had this one, the Avengers and XMen all as screen savers. John Byrne is my all time favorite artist. To me, any hero John drew was the definitive look

Perez & Byrne are my top 2 favorite artists ever! Their versions of any hero/villain they drew, are my favorite looks of the character.

5 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

We've been screaming for a complete Inhumans Royal Family for years now. It just baffles me that "fans" actually say stuff like they dont want them because the tv show was so bad. Like one has anything to do with the other. And besides Hasbro really doesnt have to do much. 

Black Bolt and Medusa have already been done. Unless they want to put 'Bolt on bigger buck, not sure what else they'd do for him.

Medusa also had a great figure, its her hair that has the problem. Using some kind of rayon/saran material will fix that.

Legends has already done figures like the Black Knight, Green Goblin, etc so there's your Triton figure. For Karnak, modify the Leader's head, for Crystal, jeez, she's so generic she's already done too.

For Gorgon, use the Hercules from the Thanos wave, make new hoofed "legs". Maybe some soft goods for that collar-shawl thing he wears. Put all of them in a box set with Lockjaw or, disperse them in a F4 wave with a Lockjaw BAF...gold, baby!

11 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Perez & Byrne are my top 2 favorite artists ever! Their versions of any hero/villain they drew, are my favorite looks of the character.

Yessir, Perez is a close 2nd. No other artist, I guess I’d add Jerry Ordway to this list, captured such expressive facials, dynamic poses and could lay out action scenes like these guys.