Another Look At The Marvel Legends Fantastic Four Retro Wave Human Torch

JayC

On 7/30/2021 at 5:29 PM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

I definately want a flame on Human Torch, as that is how he's  more common depicted.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:39 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I want classic Torch BAD bad so I hope he is trailing closely behind the wave. 

When the team announced the retro 3.75" line of figures, Ryan Ting really gushed over the Human Torch from wave 1. That as much as anything suggests to me that we'll get a Human Torch in that look. 

spacer.png

On 7/30/2021 at 9:28 PM, tarot said:

I can tell you one thing I think most people will agree on. Hasbro or any other company will never make hate monger. It is literally the living spirit of hilter. I'm not joking. Basically what he is, in either a clone or possessing some one.

Yeh that’s kinda why I said it was silly of me to think. He is still a Marvel super-villain after all but I know he is too villainous for people to fathom being an action figure. Would be cool to recreate this cover though!

image.thumb.jpeg.e16b3dc6b2f0336b0f03d8fdbe7fcca4.jpeg

On 7/30/2021 at 7:35 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Yeh that’s kinda why I said it was silly of me to think. He is still a Marvel super-villain after all but I know he is too villainous for people to fathom being an action figure. Would be cool to recreate this cover though!

image.thumb.jpeg.e16b3dc6b2f0336b0f03d8fdbe7fcca4.jpeg

Frankly Hate Monger never impressed me; if its never made I won't have a problem. I don't see it getting done, but at the same time I would remind fans that he was made by Jewish creators. The picture above is drawn by Keith Pollard, who is black. So if this combination of people weren't so offended by the character's existence, making a figure isn't out of the realm of possibility.

But what I'd much rather see in a Fantastic Four wave would be the Inhumans Royal Family, the Frightful Four, a translucent clear Invisible Woman, Impossible Man, She-Hulk in her N zone FF outfit, and the Watcher. Its taking too long!

On 8/1/2021 at 5:39 PM, Curtar said:

This is, like, old, old, OLD news. This leak has been out for a while and Rektangular reported a while back. 

It wasn't rektangular that reported it  (he only recently reported on it and it was the Fwoosh that leaked it) and this is just a reminder of what is coming for people who don't know.

@Atlantis that was interesting! I don’t really expect him to ever be made, but I wouldn’t be appalled by it. Dont know much about the character other than he was a Hitler clone and he had the “hate ray” that caused people to hate/fight eachother. And I don’t know how I feel about a fully clear Sue 😄 but everything else you mentioned, heck ya. I want to get a F4 shelf filled up like this poster!

image.thumb.jpeg.1874fb171b51371504ffee378eaf8484.jpeg

On 8/1/2021 at 9:22 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

@Atlantis that was interesting! I don’t really expect him to ever be made, but I wouldn’t be appalled by it. Dont know much about the character other than he was a Hitler clone and he had the “hate ray” that caused people to hate/fight eachother. And I don’t know how I feel about a fully clear Sue 😄 but everything else you mentioned, heck ya. I want to get a F4 shelf filled up like this poster!

That is curious....I can't imagine Hasbro only doing the Torch in his non-powered up form, or just Banner, but not the Hulk. Dr. Strange has had two translucent "astral" figures now, the Ghost got a translucent figure (sdcc 2013), we just got that hologram Iron Man...why wouldn't we get an Invisible Woman "showing" her actual superpower? I mean she is the INVISIBLE Woman....lol

I get it. I just have low expectations of her I guess bc I imagine the clear will look more like an ice sculpture than invisible. But I wonder if pinless would make any better difference for a clearer look

Whatever the case, if they can make a really good invisible Sue, then I’d certainly get one.

On 8/1/2021 at 5:24 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I get it. I just have low expectations of her I guess bc I imagine the clear will look more like an ice sculpture than invisible. But I wonder if pinless would make any better difference for a clearer look

Whatever the case, if they can make a really good invisible Sue, then I’d certainly get one.

I don't know how they would avoid that look...its never gonna be perfect but like I said, it didn't seem to be an issue for the others I mentioned.  I wonder if they'd try pinless on her and not the others? I get the feeling they're gonna stick with the bucks they have (except for the Human Torch; pretty sure the flamed on version is going to be new and built on the new Johnny buck that's coming).

On 8/1/2021 at 12:22 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Oh. So many goodies on this poster. Yes please. 

On 8/2/2021 at 12:47 AM, Atlantis said:

I don't know how they would avoid that look...its never gonna be perfect but like I said, it didn't seem to be an issue for the others I mentioned.  I wonder if they'd try pinless on her and not the others? I get the feeling they're gonna stick with the bucks they have (except for the Human Torch; pretty sure the flamed on version is going to be new and built on the new Johnny buck that's coming).

Theyve been doing a lot better on translucency it seems. The thing that gets me is when there is too much of it. I reckon it’d be worn better on clear Sue versus say Iceman or Torch, etc. and the Radioactive Man figure looks awful, imo. I just never visioned those guys having see-through bodies.

image.thumb.jpeg.dc4ff95f530796140da8d71e0dbbbec6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.06b6c3e0409e09c1621b5d25e19445a0.jpeg90677A2B-371F-497B-8DEE-0FE29C68009A.thumb.jpeg.d451d9b5a8ef9fc83eb885e7918c4118.jpeg

On 8/2/2021 at 7:48 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Theyve been doing a lot better on translucency it seems. The thing that gets me is when there is too much of it. I reckon it’d be worn better on clear Sue versus say Iceman or Torch, etc. and the Radioactive Man figure looks awful, imo. I just never visioned those guys having see-through bodies.

image.thumb.jpeg.dc4ff95f530796140da8d71e0dbbbec6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.06b6c3e0409e09c1621b5d25e19445a0.jpeg90677A2B-371F-497B-8DEE-0FE29C68009A.thumb.jpeg.d451d9b5a8ef9fc83eb885e7918c4118.jpeg

Yeah, while Bobby can go Transparent; he doesn't do it often.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:36 AM, Gigantor said:

It's not rocket science, Hasbro just needs to make classic Iceman & the Human Torch  look like these images. No BS bells & whistles, no spikes on Iceman, no permanent sculpted flames on the Torch. Give em both alternate open hands & fists plus new ice & flame effects.

sicYGcQ.jpgeZrSQLD.jpg

Yeah, the permanent sculpted flames on Torch looks off....my girlfriend was asking why is he wearing fur covered boots. They do kinda make him look clunky. I know what they were going for, but now that she's said it and I've seen it, I can't un-see it. 

I'm glad it looks like theyre going to put him on a more appropriate buck, 'cause that first one was just too big for him.

Also it should go without saying that his head SHOULD NOT BE YELLOW....

On 8/2/2021 at 10:41 AM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

A red figure with black lines and snap on flames would be best. I think it would look better than what we've gotten so far.

They need to step up the effects game too. A volley of fireballs, maybe a nice wall of flame for the Human Torch...the Star Wars Incinerator Storm Trooper comes with a nice flame blast effect....

On 8/2/2021 at 10:15 PM, Atlantis said:

They need to step up the effects game too. A volley of fireballs, maybe a nice wall of flame for the Human Torch...the Incinerator Storm Trooper comes with a nice flame blast effect....

It would be nice, but they will probably just throw in some Fireballs, like they are going with some other figures...

On 8/2/2021 at 11:19 PM, leokearon said:

It would be nice, but they will probably just throw in some Fireballs, like they are going with some other figures...

I should have been clearer. What I mean is in the future (as in by next year and on) step up their effects game for the whole Legends line to include things such as a volley of fireballs, flame walls, force field barriers, different power blast effects, magic effects, etc. 

On 8/4/2021 at 8:37 AM, Atlantis said:

I should have been clearer. What I mean is in the future (as in by next year and on) step up their effects game for the whole Legends line to include things such as a volley of fireballs, flame walls, force field barriers, different power blast effects, magic effects, etc. 

Yeah, some new effects would be nice. Can't be giving everyone fireballs