Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Reveals For May 14

JayC

4 hours ago, JohnF said:

Man I very much hope so. I wanted them to include him in the Endgame set, but no... It can't be an Infinity Saga celebration without Cap

I’d personally prefer Infinity War Cap. The Endgame version went on EE for several weeks, so I was able to get a couple. The original Infinity War head sculpt is god-awful and it’s the single first wave IW figure they haven’t updated yet. We’re LONG overdue for a redo.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Let me tell you, the lightning onesie just does it for me in every medium,. Comic if drawn by Pérez or Byrne, every Legends version...well the Super Hero Squad little person cosplay was creepy.. but every other version... yowza!! 

Just popping in to say damn right! Carry on.

2 hours ago, ransomz said:

I hope Captain Marvel gets her bathing suit costume in the next one. Or maybe she could meet up with an alternate universe Captain Marvel who is wearing the lightening one piece and has big Farrah Fawcett hair. They have the obligatory fight and then team up.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Let me tell you, the lightning onesie just does it for me in every medium,. Comic if drawn by Pérez or Byrne, every Legends version...well the Super Hero Squad little person cosplay was creepy.. but every other version... yowza!! 

Absolutely agree it's simple yet striking look, and there's really cool concept arts that make it more movie real. 

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Absolutely agree it's simple yet striking look, and there's really cool concept arts that make it more movie real. 

spacer.png

That is amazing. I’ve always said that the MCU has done an amazing  job of translating comic to screen for costumes.. this one would fit right in.

I'm sorry to report that Brie Larson specifically mentioned in a featurette regarding the making of the movie that they were deliberatly avoiding the sexy onesie for what I assumed were obvious reason. But it would be very un-MCU to take her from a suit like the one in this two pack and suddenly put her in something so scandalous. Although that concept art isn't bad.

3 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

My rule for collecting MCU Iron Man is only suits from the first movie and the Avengers movies. That Target 2 pack would have been more tempting if the mark 21 was truly gold. I don't understand the paint on that, I mean it's freaking nickname is "Midas!"

It is baffling that they more often than not won't opt for metallic-looking paint on Iron Man, but were happy to use it on Daredevil's armored suit, and also on the upcoming Guardsman. I'm sure they were going for a "gold" color for that Iron Man 2 pack but it came out as butterscotch. 

I have no way of confirming this but it wouldnt it be a great surprise if they give us that figure again, in some updated form using the correct paint?

9 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

I’d personally prefer Infinity War Cap. The Endgame version went on EE for several weeks, so I was able to get a couple. The original Infinity War head sculpt is god-awful and it’s the single first wave IW figure they haven’t updated yet. We’re LONG overdue for a redo.

I never got the Endgame Cap, so I would prefer him or any version of Steve as Captain America (because in Infinity War he's more like Nomad). But honestly give me Infinity War Cap and I'll be more than happy, cause I love that version as well. And just like you said that first IW Cap is awful and we need a proper one.

Just now, SpiderS said:

So how long till Happy Hogan body is used for all new Hammerhead and/or Tombstone. If they get right color scheme and with good paint apps Hammerhead will look real good.

spacer.png

Someone else mentioned this and I'm all for it. I love Hammerhead, but I don't think he should be on the same generic suited body as everybody else. Tombstone on the other hand would be way too small on this body. 

41 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Someone else mentioned this and I'm all for it. I love Hammerhead, but I don't think he should be on the same generic suited body as everybody else. Tombstone on the other hand would be way too small on this body. 

This is why they need to have some diversity for these "civilian" figures they have. They don't have to go all out, but a more robust suit and tie, a full 3 piece suit, and another more robust casual wear would be great. But before they do any of that they REALLY need to diversify the female figures. That She-Hulk mold is gonna work perfect for the likes of Thundra and Valkyrie. A more robust, smaller version would be great for the Black Widow, Elektra, Misty Knight, etc. I'd put Moondragon somewhere between. Bottom line they need more types than they currently have if accuracy is ever going to count. I think theyre getting there. Its slow, but the needle's moving.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Good luck with that. How many times have they reused that first civilian body suit mold? I've lost count.

6 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

"..Someone else mentioned this and I'm all for it. I love Hammerhead, but I don't think he should be on the same generic suited body as everybody else....."

He actually was used on the generic suited body back when they did the Spider-Man Rhino wave; he was an optional head for the Chameleon. Not really all that impressive as I recall. Definitely needs to be re-done.

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

He actually was used on the generic suited body back when they did the Spider-Man Rhino wave; he was an optional head for the Chameleon. Not really all that impressive as I recall. Definitely needs to be re-done.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to; some suited characters like gangsters can get away with using the same Agent Coulson/Chameleon/Purple Man/everybody body, but a few characters have more distinctive body types, and I've always thought of Hammerhead as a bit more stocky.

So far, the only figure I'd go out of my way to get would be the Captain Marvel, but with the new price increase on top of the usual "Tribute Wave" price hike, it's just not worth it to me. They're all cool, I'm just not that into the MCU. You guys can have all those Infinity Saga and D+ figures you want.

I'll be waiting for the villains, the IM wave, and whatever comes next.

8 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, that's what I was referring to; some suited characters like gangsters can get away with using the same Agent Coulson/Chameleon/Purple Man/everybody body, but a few characters have more distinctive body types, and I've always thought of Hammerhead as a bit more stocky.

Youre right, that head just does not go with that body. Actually looks a bit silly.