Marvel Legends Quasar First In-Hand Images

JayC

Marvel's own Ryan Penagos has posted our first in-hand image for the upcoming Marvel Legends Quasar figure. The figure here in the US will be released as a Walgreens exclusive and in Canada at EBGames. This particular figure along with the NOVA and Fallen Silver Surfer figures I believe were sent to him directly by Hasbro, so Quasar is not yet hitting shelves. NOVA has been out in Canada but not yet here in the US.

Quasar.jpg

Quasar1.jpg

Already have mine on preorder. So excited for this figure. I don't buy a lot of double figured for different displays, but he might be one of them. Still love for them to do him in his modern day costume.

4 minutes ago, Hordak Rules said:

Already have mine on preorder. So excited for this figure. I don't buy a lot of double figured for different displays, but he might be one of them. Still love for them to do him in his modern day costume.

Lucky You, the Pre-Order at EBgames literally sold out in no time at all, I got nothing.

1 minute ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Lucky You, the Pre-Order at EBgames literally sold out in no time at all, I got nothing.

Well, that certainly doesn't give me hope of getting a second one. I preordered at ebgames too. Just managed to get in I guess. 

Just now, Hordak Rules said:

Well, that certainly doesn't give me hope of getting a second one. I preordered at ebgames too. Just managed to get in I guess. 

Yeah of course, it's "exclusive" so you know the scalpers and hoarders just get the lust to clear the stock as fast as they can, if it wasn't exclusive, you know it would still be up for pre-order, sometimes I hate this collecting game.

I just hope by the time it gets released they might have more to offer in store (if we can go to a store ha!) or another round of online ordering. I really want this figure, so heres to hoping

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah of course, it's "exclusive" so you know the scalpers and hoarders just get the lust to clear the stock as fast as they can, if it wasn't exclusive, you know it would still be up for pre-order, sometimes I hate this collecting game.

I just hope by the time it gets released they might have more to offer in store (if we can go to a store ha!) or another round of online ordering. I really want this figure, so heres to hoping

Did you try ordering it in store? I missed the Preorder too but managed to get a downtown outlet to order one for me to pick up.

I would recommend calling in to see if you can still preorder one as well. Sometimes their website won't allow it but their system still may. Also, check when they arrive in stores. Occasionally they get extras or even after a few days, ones that were on preorder that no one picks up become available. That's originally how I got a Moira MacTaggert (though admittedly that ended up not being a concern over time)

32 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Did you try ordering it in store? I missed the Preorder too but managed to get a downtown outlet to order one for me to pick up.

Thanks for this. Just got Quasar on preorder!

Can confirm that you call still preorder over the phone or in store even if it's sold out on their website.

38 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Yeah I imagine that you can order over the phone, only thing is Id really prefer to get it from my closest store, which is currently closed, I will just wait it out and see what happens when it drops, but thanks though.

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Thanks for this. Just got Quasar on preorder!

Can confirm that you call still preorder over the phone or in store even if it's sold out on their website.

My pleasure! 

56 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I imagine that you can order over the phone, only thing is Id really prefer to get it from my closest store, which is currently closed, I will just wait it out and see what happens when it drops, but thanks though.

Totally understand bro.

29 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Are you all talking about EBGames or Walgreens with this in-store preordering?

EB games; we're Northmen!

Yeah I just said you know what screw it , I called my next closest store and made the pre-order, When it comes in if my local store is open, I'll just get them to send it over, which they do, and whatever if my store isnt't open I'll just make my trip out of the way to get it, hopfully the world will be a bit more excessible by the time this figure drops.

I really don't want to be frustrated by not finding this figure. I need me a Quasar.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I'm only 45 miles south of Canada, but at times like this it feels a million miles farther. 

Whereabouts if I may ask? And a profoundly true statement; it can feel that way on our end too at times.

Yeah I just said you know what screw it , I called my next closest store and made the pre-order, When it comes in if my local store is open, I'll just get them to send it over, which they do, and whatever if my store isnt't open I'll just make my trip out of the way to get it, hopfully the world will be a bit more excessible by the time this figure drops.

I really don't want to be frustrated by not finding this figure. I need me a Quasar.

Awesome! Sending you a psychic Bro-Fist!👊 Yeah, I totally get it either way though. I'm not especially fond of going to the store downtown for a pick-up, but yes, in the end it always feels worth the effort.

9 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Whereabouts if I may ask? And a profoundly true statement; it can feel that way on our end too at times.

Awesome! Sending you a psychic Bro-Fist!👊 Yeah, I totally get it either way though. I'm not especially fond of going to the store downtown for a pick-up, but yes, in the end it always feels worth the effort.

Haha Psychic Bro fists! 👊, I mean ya know sometimes you can't be picky if you really want something right, I mean it's not like it's a zillion miles away, I just hate going downtown in Pandemic times, inless it's super necessary, I still don't enjoy being on public transit, btw where are you from I don't think you have ever said?

5 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Haha Psychic Bro fists! 👊, I mean ya know sometimes you can't be picky if you really want something right, I mean it's not like it's a zillion miles away, I just hate going downtown in Pandemic times, inless it's super necessary, I still don't enjoy being on public transit, btw where are you from I don't think you have ever said?

I'm from Vancouver, but have been living in Montreal for the past 10 years. And hell yes...it's been the same for me; I have no, and I repeat no desire whatsoever to take a bus and metro downtown in the middle of a pandemic (and I'm a bit of a germaphobe too, lol). Getting some used wheels soon, but even still, I've gotten very used to having stuff delivered to the door and the peace of mind it offers. I've taken much the same attitude as you have though, if I want something bad enough, I go for it. (Still pissed they never got Moon Knight). Even so, really grateful that EB games has come through for these exclusives. If our American brothers and sisters could only know just how utterly filthy a word "Walgreens Exclusive" used to be to us, lol.

7 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

I'm from Vancouver, but have been living in Montreal for the past 10 years. And hell yes...it's been the same for me; I have no, and I repeat no desire whatsoever to take a bus and metro downtown in the middle of a pandemic (and I'm a bit of a germaphobe too, lol). Getting some used wheels soon, but even still, I've gotten very used to having stuff delivered to the door and the peace of mind it offers. I've taken much the same attitude as you have though, if I want something bad enough, I go for it. (Still pissed they never got Moon Knight). Even so, really grateful that EB games has come through for these exclusives. If our American brothers and sisters could only know just how utterly filthy a word "Walgreens Exclusive" used to be to us, lol.

Yeah Toronto here, yeah Germaphobe to the fullest, and have been since before the pandemic, so it made it all worse, see here in Toronto it would be more of a hassle for me to drive downtown, parking is a expensive horror show, I too have just become so accustom in the last year to having things just show up at the door, I used to be 90% in store hunter, but the last year has really changed that.

Yeah really messed up that Moon Knight never came here, I am so glad Gr8t White hooked me up with that one, and I know honestly it's a blessing to have EB Games delivering the Walgreens exclusives and sometimes Target, at least between TRU getting Target exclusives and EB with Walgreens, and at least well...Walmart sorta/sometimes getting Walmart exclusives, we are doing okay, yeah years ago it was "ebay exclusives" what a pain.

Walgreens is THE WORST.  I urge Hasbro to stop sending them exclusive figures.  Yesterday, an exclusive two-pack dropped at Target, so I easily pre-ordered it.  And an exclusive two-pack dropped at Amazon, so I easily ordered it.  The past Walgreens exclusives, and presumably these upcoming figures?  Nearly impossible to order online and an absurd chore to find in a store.  Hasbro, please stop pretending that Walgreens is able to handle exclusive Legends; they are not.

3 minutes ago, TheMarvelMan said:

Walgreens is THE WORST.  I urge Hasbro to stop sending them exclusive figures.  Yesterday, an exclusive two-pack dropped at Target, so I easily pre-ordered it.  And an exclusive two-pack dropped at Amazon, so I easily ordered it.  The past Walgreens exclusives, and presumably these upcoming figures?  Nearly impossible to order online and an absurd chore to find in a store.  Hasbro, please stop pretending that Walgreens is able to handle exclusive Legends; they are not.

I feel this frustration, but as I've said in other threads, I would rather Walgreens get their $#@% together and stock the figures than Hasbro drop their deal with Walgreens. That would be my preference because it's easier for me to shop at Walgreens than either Target or Walmart, but if they're not holding up their end of the deal, it does me no good.

I will be on the lookout for Nova and Quasar for y'all. I live near 6 Walgreens. I'm bound to get lucky at some of them. Hopefully they will stock them more plentiful this time. 

I agree Walgreens needs to tweak its online ordering process and stock more items in their stores. 

Walgreens sucks so bad. Just put the damn figures online like Iron Man 2020, please!!! I have 2 Walgreens within a half mile of me and these exclusives never see the shelves at either of them. I always have to resort to ebay at 175% of retail, which was absolutely obnoxious with the Cuckoos and New Mutant females that I wanted multiples of. Then months later after I've already paid the massive scalpers' premium - then Hasbro made them available at other online retailers - so that was insult to injury. Just tell us whether you're going to that in the first place and I'll never bother with the Walgreens nightmare....   the people that work there probably think that I'm a shoplifter or something as often as I walk in, check that one shelf in the very middle of the store and then walk right back out without ever buying anything....  I stopped trying to ask staff about these long about because none of them know anything about it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate Walgreens from dealing with this every few months. Their brand will almost certainly always have a negative connotation with me now. They could offer a cure for cancer for free and I'd probably still forever hate them because of the hassle they cause with these exclusive figures.....  and I really want both Nova and Quasar.

17 minutes ago, Reno said:

Walgreens sucks so bad. Just put the damn figures online like Iron Man 2020, please!!! I have 2 Walgreens within a half mile of me and these exclusives never see the shelves at either of them. I always have to resort to ebay at 175% of retail, which was absolutely obnoxious with the Cuckoos and New Mutant females that I wanted multiples of. Then months later after I've already paid the massive scalpers' premium - then Hasbro made them available at other online retailers - so that was insult to injury. Just tell us whether you're going to that in the first place and I'll never bother with the Walgreens nightmare....   the people that work there probably think that I'm a shoplifter or something as often as I walk in, check that one shelf in the very middle of the store and then walk right back out without ever buying anything....  I stopped trying to ask staff about these long about because none of them know anything about it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate Walgreens from dealing with this every few months. Their brand will almost certainly always have a negative connotation with me now. They could offer a cure for cancer for free and I'd probably still forever hate them because of the hassle they cause with these exclusive figures.....  and I really want both Nova and Quasar.

Yep... VERY familiar with the awkward walk in, check aisle, walk out 30 seconds later empty-handed scenario.  At least with Target and WG there's something else i'm there to buy anyhow, and Gamestop is geeky enough that i'm comfortable telling any associates who ask that i'm just checking the action figure stock. Gotta say that waiting for nova to show up while Canada's already able to preorder Quasar is pretty annoying, but it is what it is. Guess we should be thankful these characters are getting figures at all, since apparently hasbro does not want to include them in a normal wave.. and at least they usually have a decent amount of accessories in lieu of a BAF piece