Marvel Legends Quasar First In-Hand Images

JayC

48 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

It's all good but head has very realistic MCU movie look, which isn't common with most comics figures, while body is 100 percent super cartoony, it does create weird contrast.  It's still fine but might look little bit weird along comic based figures if you are nitpicky about style.

Didn't rub me that way, but I understand where you are coming from. There are others that are comic style and also a bit more realistic without looking MCU (Quicksilver, and Cable off the top of my head).  Anyone have a guess on which buck they used for this? It almost looks like the Hercules or Namor Bucks. Shoulders look too big to be the Bucky Cap. 

1 hour ago, Reno said:

Walgreens sucks so bad. Just put the damn figures online like Iron Man 2020, please!!! I have 2 Walgreens within a half mile of me and these exclusives never see the shelves at either of them. I always have to resort to ebay at 175% of retail, which was absolutely obnoxious with the Cuckoos and New Mutant females that I wanted multiples of. Then months later after I've already paid the massive scalpers' premium - then Hasbro made them available at other online retailers - so that was insult to injury. Just tell us whether you're going to that in the first place and I'll never bother with the Walgreens nightmare....   the people that work there probably think that I'm a shoplifter or something as often as I walk in, check that one shelf in the very middle of the store and then walk right back out without ever buying anything....  I stopped trying to ask staff about these long about because none of them know anything about it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate Walgreens from dealing with this every few months. Their brand will almost certainly always have a negative connotation with me now. They could offer a cure for cancer for free and I'd probably still forever hate them because of the hassle they cause with these exclusive figures.....  and I really want both Nova and Quasar.

Hmm. Not sure what the answer is for this Walgreens exclusive dilemma but online ordering hasn’t been the fix all either. Both my attempts ( Iron Man 2020 & Moon Knight ) were pre-ordered then promptly canceled when they went to process my orders.

Ive heard that PayPal was the issue so the next time I used my normal credit card and got the same result. 

1 hour ago, Reno said:

Walgreens sucks so bad. Just put the damn figures online like Iron Man 2020, please!!! I have 2 Walgreens within a half mile of me and these exclusives never see the shelves at either of them. I always have to resort to ebay at 175% of retail, which was absolutely obnoxious with the Cuckoos and New Mutant females that I wanted multiples of. Then months later after I've already paid the massive scalpers' premium - then Hasbro made them available at other online retailers - so that was insult to injury. Just tell us whether you're going to that in the first place and I'll never bother with the Walgreens nightmare....   the people that work there probably think that I'm a shoplifter or something as often as I walk in, check that one shelf in the very middle of the store and then walk right back out without ever buying anything....  I stopped trying to ask staff about these long about because none of them know anything about it. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate Walgreens from dealing with this every few months. Their brand will almost certainly always have a negative connotation with me now. They could offer a cure for cancer for free and I'd probably still forever hate them because of the hassle they cause with these exclusive figures.....  and I really want both Nova and Quasar.

Scalpers exist because fans feed them. If more of us were willing to walk away, and continue to bring this issue (poor "Exclusive" handling) up in those uncomfortable fan fest/expo etc interviews, eventually these idiots are going to see they're leaving money on the table and are getting bad word-of-mouth press. Hold their feet to the fire, let them know theyre damaging the brand. Target/wm/Walgreens are pointing the finger at Hasbro, Hasbro is pointing the finger at them, etc. All I know is the collectors aren't getting them. The GI Joe/ Target crap is so bad, even some of those reviewers who were always defending Hasbro and Target are starting to flame them.

There are about 4 Walgreens near me and not one of them carries Hasbro Legends anymore. Each one tells me either they don't know why, or that the store never receives orders from the distributor anymore, or that kindof thing. Walgreens used to be fairly reliable- online worked well, and in-store would have enough stock that would last about 3 weeks before they sold out. Some time around the Silver Centurion release, things went downhill. Fast. 

I can't imagine how anyone could buy  a $20.00 figure for $40, 80, 100 200 etc. and actually enjoy looking at that thing later. 

Yeah, I deeply want that Nova and Quasar. But I want my self-respect too and no way am I gonna satisfy some scalper by paying his greedy cheating ass 50%, let alone a 175% mark up. 

2 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I will be on the lookout for Nova and Quasar for y'all. I live near 6 Walgreens. I'm bound to get lucky at some of them. Hopefully they will stock them more plentiful this time. 

I agree Walgreens needs to tweak its online ordering process and stock more items in their stores. 

How was your luck with the Black Silver Surfer? I did see him twice, wasn’t a figure I was interested in so I passed. But haven’t seen those since ( which is the exact number of times I saw the original surfer in stores). 

Hoping both Nova and Quasar are more Iron Man 2020 than Surfer 

53 minutes ago, McHogan said:

How was your luck with the Black Silver Surfer? I did see him twice, wasn’t a figure I was interested in so I passed. But haven’t seen those since ( which is the exact number of times I saw the original surfer in stores). 

Hoping both Nova and Quasar are more Iron Man 2020 than Surfer 

I saw the fallen surfer a few times but was not looking to acquire him and passed him up.  I hope distribution gets better soon.

Hey I know this is off topic, but also on topic, if anyone is wandering around a Walgreens anytime soon looking for some Nova, if anyone comes across Walgreens Namor is there a chance somebody wants to grab me one and send it to me (of course I'll pay) , isn't the half off Legends thing going on ?

42 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hey I know this is off topic, but also on topic, if anyone is wandering around a Walgreens anytime soon looking for some Nova, if anyone comes across Walgreens Namor is there a chance somebody wants to grab me one and send it to me (of course I'll pay) , isn't the half off Legends thing going on ?

I got you bubba!!! There are 3 at my local Walgreens!! I'll pick it up tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I saw the fallen surfer a few times but was not looking to acquire him and passed him up.  I hope distribution gets better soon.

Neither Fallen nor Nova or Quasar ever made it out here. I'd get them if I could but neither is available(at least not out here....apparently Canada can get them but not Alaska which is right next to it).  From what I can tell walgreens is phasing out carrying Legends and there are some regions that stopped sooner than others. Now of course the manager I talked to yesterday could be totally wrong, but there it is. 

15 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Scalpers exist because fans feed them. If more of us were willing to walk away, and continue to bring this issue (poor "Exclusive" handling) up in those uncomfortable fan fest/expo etc interviews, eventually these idiots are going to see they're leaving money on the table and are getting bad word-of-mouth press. Hold their feet to the fire, let them know theyre damaging the brand. Target/wm/Walgreens are pointing the finger at Hasbro, Hasbro is pointing the finger at them, etc. All I know is the collectors aren't getting them. The GI Joe/ Target crap is so bad, even some of those reviewers who were always defending Hasbro and Target are starting to flame them.

There are about 4 Walgreens near me and not one of them carries Hasbro Legends anymore. Each one tells me either they don't know why, or that the store never receives orders from the distributor anymore, or that kindof thing. Walgreens used to be fairly reliable- online worked well, and in-store would have enough stock that would last about 3 weeks before they sold out. Some time around the Silver Centurion release, things went downhill. Fast. 

I can't imagine how anyone could buy  a $20.00 figure for $40, 80, 100 200 etc. and actually enjoy looking at that thing later. 

Yeah, I deeply want that Nova and Quasar. But I want my self-respect too and no way am I gonna satisfy some scalper by paying his greedy cheating ass 50%, let alone a 175% mark up. 

You're not wrong, but at the same time Hasbro doesn't care who gets the figures as long as the figures sell.  It's the same with all of these companies.  The very vocal collectors about all that GI Joe/Target stuff should have opened Hasbro's eyes, but it doesn't feel like any progress happened.  If it hasn't worked by now, I doubt taking them to task would change things, though we as a community certainly should continue to be vocal.  

As far as paying double on either Nova or Quasar goes, well as a last resort I figure that's better than the money I'll waste on gas traveling to the next closest Walgreens if I can't get them at the two in my town.  If it does go that way I'll just skip an equitable number of Legends figures down the road and that's money out of Hasbro's pocket anyway, small satisfaction that it may be.

Only fig I want/need from WG is Quasar. All I collect as far as Avengers go are classic members from the 60s-90s era and Quasar played a huge role during the "Galactic storm" saga, he's sporting the best & most popular costume & has never before been done in the 6' scale. Once I get Quasar & 80s Herc, I'll only need about 7 more Avengers to complete my favorite era of Avengers.

was there  any underlying reason that BBTS picked up the Stepford girls and Dani Moonstar?

poor Walgreens distribution maybe? I guess it would be better to pay BBTS a few extra bucks than double that scalpers will ask for. If in fact Nova and Quasar end up there that is.

2 hours ago, mako said:

I feel the same way, but what are you gonna do. I wrote off the Stepford Cuckoos and Dark Surfer, but I really want Quasar, and there's NO WAY I'm letting Nova slip past me.

Nova is a big one, as that's a big must for a lot of collections. Hopefully we're proved wrong on finding these.

3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Question: Why is the inside of cape blue on the Legends figure when it's black in the comics? I always thought it was black and did a double take when Quasar Legends was first revealed, especially when no one else seemed to question or point it out.

Is this akin to Storm white/black/silver fiasco?

Chalk it up to laziness. You're right, its black to reflect the star field, but this isn't the first time they've messed up a paint job. They still seem to have a problem making the red in Cap's red white and blue outfit actually RED instead of some dull, drab, brick like color. They've gotten better though in some of the more recent figures.

23 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Quasar now needs Space Armor Ironman & this version of Thor as well as Photon & a few other Avengers that took part of Operation: Galactic Storm.

Uwbycz1.jpgq8vMDgk.png8w3Gz7M.jpgufY3Jyq.jpgVF5W8QA.jpgf3rsxJr.jpgJCnETWA.jpg

Once again we are on the same page my friend. Back in the day I envisioned a collection that I could display all the characters from the original Secret Wars. I’ve moved on ( ironically as this is more possible than ever now) but in the years since my fantasy display is all the characters from Opertion: Galactic Storm!

id gladly take your wish list plus Hank Pym’s Red jumpsuit ( honestly thought this version would have been made by now), Starfox and Sersi

I think we will eventually get them all. we might be the only two celebrating the release of many of these characters but they will be amazing displays!

• 4 weeks later...