Marvel Legends Quasar First In-Hand Images

JayC

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Those karate chop or runner's hands don't go with Quasar, they shoulda included a grabbing hand & a splayed fingers hand. Now I gotta look for extra male Caucasian hands for him.

They are trying to be flying hands; That or Quasar has learned Karate

3 hours ago, LordVenger said:

Oh. Ok. I still haven’t been able to find nova. 

I'm glad for you fans of the classic New Warriors members & the fact that you just need Namorita &  Speedball to complete the core members of the team. I just never could get into  the Teen Titans light.  Though I do want to see the Bengal made as he is not only a Night Thrasher enemy, but DD's as well. The new Spidey buck is ideal for him or Sunfire buck.

In Walgreens very minor defense, we have been in a pandemic for a year, and they're a pharmacy so they've had, y'know, things other than toys on their mind lately. Okay, that's all for the defense. It's really crappy that they haven't been receiving or stocking any of their exclusives this year.

If they end up severing their exclusive contracts with Hasbro... I mean, I can understand it. I've been to Walgreens that have nine Invisible Womans or eight Emma Frosts a year after they come out and they simply cannot sell them. I don't know if they've been burned by over-ordering or bad markets or what, but it doesn't seem like the ideal venue to sell these action figures. 

On yet another hand, as I've said before, I wish Walgreens would keep their exclusive deal and just do a better job of honoring it, because I can be inside a Walgreens in two minutes if I want to. It's super convenient for me, whereas Target is a #$## to get to. 

But that's why 90-95% of my Legends acquisitions are online, so... I hope the figures are made available soon, but like I told someone else, I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying Nova and Quasar from BBTS in 2023.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

In Walgreens very minor defense, we have been in a pandemic for a year, and they're a pharmacy so they've had, y'know, things other than toys on their mind lately. Okay, that's all for the defense. It's really crappy that they haven't been receiving or stocking any of their exclusives this year.

If they end up severing their exclusive contracts with Hasbro... I mean, I can understand it. I've been to Walgreens that have nine Invisible Womans or eight Emma Frosts a year after they come out and they simply cannot sell them. I don't know if they've been burned by over-ordering or bad markets or what, but it doesn't seem like the ideal venue to sell these action figures. 

On yet another hand, as I've said before, I wish Walgreens would keep their exclusive deal and just do a better job of honoring it, because I can be inside a Walgreens in two minutes if I want to. It's super convenient for me, whereas Target is a #$## to get to. 

But that's why 90-95% of my Legends acquisitions are online, so... I hope the figures are made available soon, but like I told someone else, I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying Nova and Quasar from BBTS in 2023.

Yeah I don't live in the US (sorta obvious by now I guess), but from what I've seen as of recent, it does seem odd that they would continue partnering with Hasbro to sell exclusives when they seem to neglect even stocking them, I have had no problem here in Canada getting the Walgreens exclusives at EB (where they are exclusives here), so it seems to be that there is an issue with the product being ordered, potentially do to mangers not making new orders because of the slow sales of figures still sitting on the pegs, I think that it may be the end for Walgreen's it seems they don't really have the heart to handle these exclusives, and they might be better off in other hands.

Like I've said before though, once stores open and I can get access I'd be happy to supply people with figures like Nova and such if I can get them, my local store right before it closed had 2 still, they should once it re-opens, it might cost a few bucks more for me to send them (or I'm always down for a good trade), but I'm always happy to hook up folks in the community if I can, I'm always willing to.

From the looks of things on the shelves and online ML is clearly not a first concern for Walgreens. Its disheartening because It used to be one of my favorite haunts to search on my rare days off. I get it, its a different world these days and there's much more pressing issues, such as the massively more profitable pharmaceutical market. Will it ever be the same again, I sincerely don't think so. I hope to just not miss out on what's looking to be the last of ML's arrangement with WG and then maybe it will turn into online etailer Fan Channel distribution like they did with the Cuckoo's. I really think that will be better for fan's and sales altogether.

While the new Marvel Legends Classic Nova figure has been hitting Canada EBGames and other places overseas for over a month now, the figure has yet to be found at any Walgreens stores here in the US. Here in the US the figure is being sold as an exclusive at the drug store chain.

While still being fairly vague, Hasbro's Dan Yun made comment on social media saying the figure would be out at Walgreens this summer.

Of course technically it's already summer, so that really could be anytime between now and August. Since Dan felt the need to comment and wasn't more specific, I am going to assume the figure will likely hit later in the summer rather than sooner. maybe by next month we can hope. August is when the next Walgreens exclusive figure which is Quasar was originally slated to see released, so I don't know if that one will be delayed or if the two figures will end up being released fairly close to one another.

While you wait for Nova to be released, you can check out images and this review from ShartimusPrime for the figure below.

I wonder if the Marvel Legends team would make changes if collectors took pictures of Walgreens shelves to show how bad it is out on the wild and sent them to them as proof.  They don't need to track down their figures, so they don't experience what we do building out our collections.  Maybe they would either stop giving Walgreens exclusives, or create better agreements that they need to purchase the proper amount of inventory to meet demand (online and in stores). 

1 hour ago, Psychosomatic said:

I wonder if the Marvel Legends team would make changes if collectors took pictures of Walgreens shelves to show how bad it is out on the wild and sent them to them as proof.  They don't need to track down their figures, so they don't experience what we do building out our collections.  Maybe they would either stop giving Walgreens exclusives, or create better agreements that they need to purchase the proper amount of inventory to meet demand (online and in stores). 

This same argument happens just about any time a retail exclusive is hard to find. I know some fans hate them but retail exclusives are not going to stop being a thing anytime soon. They've been part of the line since the ToyBiz days of old and that's not likely to change.

On 6/13/2021 at 9:53 PM, Atlantis said:

No Fallen Surfer, Nova or Quasar in stores or on their site. Nova supposedly landed in Canada back in April. By now there should be some showing in the states. Has Walgreens just gotten out of the Legends biz? 

Fallen Surfer was in stores, but I only saw one or two of them. I wonder if there are a bunch of them in a warehouse somewhere, that will end up on BBTS? Same with Moon Knight- saw him once, at one store, and not in big quantity (I think they had two of him.). 

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

This same argument happens just about any time a retail exclusive is hard to find. I know some fans hate them but retail exclusives are not going to stop being a thing anytime soon. They've been part of the line since the ToyBiz days of old and that's not likely to change.

The point he's making is that exclusives shouldn't be this hard to find. When these things sell out within seconds, when a store chain has over 100 stores in a state, and only provided, say, 3 figures for a handful of those stores, something's wrong.

Something else that's "not likely to change"- fans speaking out against this kind of incompetent marketing. Hasbro is beginning to listen, because that fan outrage is turning into lost revenue for the company. That's why they are (very slowly) restocking. You can see it over at the GI Joe line; some of the impossible to find figures are being released back out, but this time to other retail outlets. Time will tell just how well this goes; for some collectors its too little, too late. In the meantime, an outlet that's carrying an exclusive line should be on notice, that they actually need to have those exclusives available. 

8 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

The point he's making is that exclusives shouldn't be this hard to find. When these things sell out within seconds, when a store chain has over 100 stores in a state, and only provided, say, 3 figures for a handful of those stores, something's wrong.

And the point I'm making is we have this conversation every few months. The crappy distribution of exclusives is an active problem in the GI Joe fanbase and a huge hot button issue. Maybe fan feedback will lead to them attempting to address this but the stated intention of convincing Hasbro to just stop doing store exclusives for Walgreens is just not gonna happen. It's not mean to point that out.

9 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Not really. usually its about how stores didn't stock *enough* of an exclusive/they sold out too fast, rather than it just not showing up at all (i guess WM's Binary would be a similar case).  Also, I think the distinction here is that other stores at least seem to carry current waves of the product, in addition to whatever exclusives they've got... whereas many have reported that they haven't seen WG stock a new ML wave since the Crimson Dynamo wave around March of 2020.  Anecdotal, sure, but it makes it seem as though WG has given up on the line. On the flip side, i've read at least one report recently of a WG stocking HoX wave so maybe aside from exclusives stocking ML is up to individual stores discretion or something, or maybe they are going to try and get back into selling MLs now that COVID is less of a concern. Who knows..

The other part of this is that the WG employee who made all the exclusive deals for action figures (and was apparently a big fan of figures) left WG about a year and a half ago,  so its not unreasonable to speculate that the dearth of figures is due to whomever replaced him deciding that action figures were not a priority for WG.