Marvel Legends Quasar First In-Hand Images

JayC

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Why do you say that TRU wouldn't make a difference?

Back when TRU was at its peak, you know where I bought most of my figures? Walmart and Target . . . despite having TWO TRUs in my area. Not because I never went there, but because in the final analysis, distribution to that retailer was no better than to any other. Toward the end, when G.I. Joe went TRU exclusive, I can count on one hand the times I actually found any at either of my stores . . . and I went to both enough to be on first name basis with the managers.

Bottom line, going strictly by number of retailers/etailers: we should be in a collecting golden age. Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Amazon, Ebay, BBTS, EE, Pulse, I even just discovered the existence of Kroger Marketplaces (Kroger's equivalent of a Super Walmart), can you imagine finding an action figure isle in a Krogers!?! Yet, I'm still lucky if I can find two or three figures a hunt.

To paraphrase Bogey: "TRU would just be one more item on the other side of the scale."

13 minutes ago, mako said:

Back when TRU was at its peak, you know where I bought most of my figures? Walmart and Target . . . despite having TWO TRUs in my area. Not because I never went there, but because in the final analysis, distribution to that retailer was no better than to any other. Toward the end, when G.I. Joe went TRU exclusive, I can count on one hand the times I actually found any at either of my stores . . . and I went to both enough to be on first name basis with the managers.

Bottom line, going strictly by number of retailers/etailers: we should be in a collecting golden age. Target, Walmart, Walgreens, Amazon, Ebay, BBTS, EE, Pulse, I even just discovered the existence of Kroger Marketplaces (Kroger's equivalent of a Super Walmart), can you imagine finding an action figure isle in a Krogers!?! Yet, I'm still lucky if I can find two or three figures a hunt.

To paraphrase Bogey: "TRU would just be one more item on the other side of the scale."

Then I suppose we have the scalpers to blame. I have yet to see a damn GI Joe Ninja on the pegs & they've been out close to a yr now. Only GI Joe figs I've seen in the wild have been both Versions of Roadblock, Duke, Snake eyes & Gung Ho, so 5 figures outta what..20 Joe figs that have been done in the 6' line!? And last time I saw a new ML Walgreens exclusive fig was when I bought SCIM & MK a few months back. On the bright side, I did get my case of the Ursa Major BAF today while I'm at work, so will open em up tomorrow and post pics!

My local TRU was a gold mine. I remember picking up the Scarlet Witch / Vision on discount because they had dozens.. dozens!!

also remember passing on the Cyclops/ Phoenix two pack because at the time I was 100% Avengers only. Whoops. Also saw this set on clearance because someone stole all the extra Jean Grey heads. 

yeah, they got all the exclusives and only once did I get a street date hassle, on the Riders  Ghost Rider set of all things.  They had 3 on the shelves but took them all out when I tried to buy. Never saw them again in the wild haha. Luckily used Amazon credit to essentially get it for free.

great store, I actually miss my stops into TRU, never would have thought they’d be gone 

4 minutes ago, McHogan said:

My local TRU was a gold mine. I remember picking up the Scarlet Witch / Vision on discount because they had dozens.. dozens!!

also remember passing on the Cyclops/ Phoenix two pack because at the time I was 100% Avengers only. Whoops. Also saw this set on clearance because someone stole all the extra Jean Grey heads. 

yeah, they got all the exclusives and only once did I get a street date hassle, on the Riders  Ghost Rider set of all things.  They had 3 on the shelves but took them all out when I tried to buy. Never saw them again in the wild haha. Luckily used Amazon credit to essentially get it for free.

great store, I actually miss my stops into TRU, never would have thought they’d be gone 

I also hardly ever had problems getting ML figs at TRU. Bout the only set I never found cuz scalpers had probably gotten it already was the Cyclops/Phoenix 2 pack. I did snag a loose Cyke at a toy show for $10 a few yrs later. Miss KB toys at the mall as well. Hardly ever go to the mall since KB closed shop.

12 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I also hardly ever had problems getting ML figs at TRU. Bout the only set I never found cuz scalpers had probably gotten it already was the Cyclops/Phoenix 2 pack. I did snag a loose Cyke at a toy show for $10 a few yrs later. Miss KB toys at the mall as well. Hardly ever go to the mall since KB closed shop.

Oh man KB TOYS!! now there was a fun store. I think my KB was gone before I got into Legends but I do recall finding, and falling in love with those old DC Total Justice line of barely Articulated action figures. If you don’t know, these were essentially Super Powers with half the articulation but lots of useless snap on accessories. The sculpting was great but if you moved what little joints they had it threw the whole mold out of whack. This eventually became a line called JLA and was full of repaints and odd one off figures that didn’t share the overly musculature mold.. those stood out haha.

i think the last Marvel line I recall grabbing from KB was Spider-Man classics. Still have that Scarlet Spider somewhere.

just now recalling seeing the HTF Jubilee wave at my TRU, passed on those to grab the first Guardians of the Galaxy wave.. man.. hindsight

Yeah the argument that TRU would make anything better for you guys is probably moot, TRU stores here in Canada are not exactly the toy utopia people imagine they would be, they get massacred by scalpers just like any store, the things you want are generally non existent like they are most of the places, sure it's a store dedicated to only toys but 90% of the place isn't stuff us collectors are looking for, America still has far better possibilities then Canada in terms of finding anything, except for current case study of Walgreens exclusives landing here at EB, which I will say this.. EB is the golden superstar of toys here in Canada, no money down pre-orders that always get fulfilled, ample stock of figures (generally), ability for stock to be transfered from store to store, and a discount card, I think instead of TRU you guys in the US need a EBgames like we have here in Canada,  because from what I know Gamestop's ain't it.

10 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Miss KB toys at the mall as well. Hardly ever go to the mall since KB closed shop.

Tell me about it. If ever there was a single event that heralded the fall from grace of the American shopping mall, it was the passing of KBs. KBs, B-Dalton Booksellers, video arcades, Suncoast; all gone.  What do we have now? Kiosks hocking cheap sunglasses and cellphone cases in the middle of a sea of low rent, over-priced clothing and shoe stores . . . and Build-a-Bear.

I'd give anything for a KBs and/or TRU. No, they wouldn't solve the issues of the modern toy collector, but they'd go a long way toward alleviating the deep, dark depression I feel when I realize the only brick-n-mortar options left for buying the things I really love are Walmart, Target, and Walgreens.

16 minutes ago, Curtar said:

Has the new silver surfer even hit the US?

Yes a few months back. I found one at my local WG. From what I remember most people were saying stores were only getting 1-2 of him though, and I can’t recall if he ever went up for order on WG website. 
this is why people are really wondering why nova didn’t come out already (let alone Quasar)

• 4 weeks later...

Shown below via Come See Toys are new in-hand detailed images for the new Marvel Legends 6" Classic Quasar figure from Hasbro. The figure has been seeing release in Canada at EBGames and other places overseas for several weeks now. For those of us in the US, the figure will eventually be released as a Walgreens exclusive which Hasbro has said should be sometime this summer. The figure includes extra hands and a pair of energy effect pieces.

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.20.15 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.20.24 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.20.32 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.20.41 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.20.48 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.20.54 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.21.02 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.21.08 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.21.14 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.21.20 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.21.28 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.21.34 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.21.41 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.21.50 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.21.58 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.22.05 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.22.10 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.22.18 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.22.26 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.22.33 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.22.40 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.22.49 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 10.22.58 AM.jpg

On 7/17/2021 at 10:46 AM, leokearon said:

Looks great, but seriously why the fire fists?

Nuh uh, those are "energy" effects bru.  Seriously speaking, Those fire blasts go with Human Torch, Sunfire, Firestar, Pyro, & Ironfist I suppose. But Hasbro is just insulting our intellect by inserting these flame FX with anyone else just cuz they're too lazy to tool up a new energy type FX for other characters & they assume we won't care. Same thing with those Kirby magic bubble FX they slapped on a ton of characters. 

Man can’t wait for this figure. Don’t know why so many $#!% on that cape, this is a thing of beauty.

hope Walgreens gets their crap together and I can find him with out much hassle.

thatvlast shot of the Scooby Gang.. freakin love it!! Need to steal that.. mixing two of my greatest loves haha

Another "Cosmic" figure that's exclusive to wg that we'll likely never see here. And up until yesterday many of us thought Firelord would be added to that unattainable list. Well, if he's added to that galactus tier $ grab fest, he'll still be unobtainable. 

I like that they went with actual red instead of some other ruined shade of red this time (lookin at YOU, Cap). Looks fantastic.

On 7/17/2021 at 11:27 PM, Gigantor said:

Nuh uh, those are "energy" effects bru.  Seriously speaking, Those fire blasts go with Human Torch, Sunfire, Firestar, Pyro, & Ironfist I suppose. But Hasbro is just insulting our intellect by inserting these flame FX with anyone else just cuz they're too lazy to tool up a new energy type FX for other characters & they assume we won't care. Same thing with those Kirby magic bubble FX they slapped on a ton of characters. 

Those fire effects didn't belong with Pyro either as that's not how his powers work. Still I would have preferred the magnetic Kirby effects over the fire fists

Quasar has boots that have pointed tops, only instead of going to the knee as seen for multiple comic characters (the Vision, the Batman, Scarlet Witch classic costume, Banshee, Hawkman, Wonder Woman for example), his are angled to the side. But again, instead of just molding these boots, Hasbro cheaped out and just painted them on. It looks sloppy and again it baffles me that they take the time to mold boots for Shatterstar, Omega Red- which are fairly unique- but won't do it in this style that lends itself to lots of re-use. 

On 7/18/2021 at 2:06 AM, leokearon said:

Those fire effects didn't belong with Pyro either as that's not how his powers work. Still I would have preferred the magnetic Kirby effects over the fire fists

True, that's why I went & made my own Pyro flame FX for him. Not the best,, but good enough for me.

wwDf2gw.jpgXScRiWb.jpg