Jump to content

Marvel Legends Quasar First In-Hand Images


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

My Walgreen hasn't had anything new for a long time.. all there is are 3 yellow Daredevil and 2 Ant-Man and they have been marked down to $9.99 for awhile and not one has sold.. So I have to turn to ebay for my Walgreens figures....Only twice was I able to get them off Walgreens site.. It's getting to be collecting figures isn't as enjoyable as it use to be, not with all these store exclusives Target, Wal-Mart, Gamestop  and Walgreens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Not really. usually its about how stores didn't stock *enough* of an exclusive/they sold out too fast, rather than it just not showing up at all (i guess WM's Binary would be a similar case).  Also, I think the distinction here is that other stores at least seem to carry current waves of the product, in addition to whatever exclusives they've got... whereas many have reported that they haven't seen WG stock a new ML wave since the Crimson Dynamo wave around March of 2020.  Anecdotal, sure, but it makes it seem as though WG has given up on the line. On the flip side, i've read at least one report recently of a WG stocking HoX wave so maybe aside from exclusives stocking ML is up to individual stores discretion or something, or maybe they are going to try and get back into selling MLs now that COVID is less of a concern. Who knows..

  The other part of this is that the WG employee who made all the exclusive deals for action figures (and was apparently a big fan of figures) left WG about a year and a half ago,  so its not unreasonable to speculate that the dearth of figures is due to whomever replaced him deciding that action figures were not a priority for WG.

Walgreen's near me got in the House of X wave. Just one Walgreen's, though. Another one stocked a ton of the Venompool wave some months back. Meanwhile, the one closest to my house has stocked very few new action figures in the past handful of months. It seems to be wildly inconsistent, I know store managers have some control over what their stores stock, so maybe that's part of the problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, watanabefan said:

This same argument happens just about any time a retail exclusive is hard to find. I know some fans hate them but retail exclusives are not going to stop being a thing anytime soon. They've been part of the line since the ToyBiz days of old and that's not likely to change.

I might be mistaken, and again, it happens more often than l like, but I don't remember any of Toybiz's ML being all THAT exclusive. Mostly, everyone had access to "regular" release and then there were some variants that were exclusive to some stores, but as most people are pointing out, those were figures you could easily be content with not being able to find. I guess the Giant Man wave (Walmart) was an exclusive, but I think even the Etailers were able to sell these, unlike the Walgreens exclusives. Even the Holocaust and Red Hulk waves, which were exclusive to WM and Target, respectively after Hasbro took over, I remember buying off Entertainment Earth, I believe. It just seems like the work "exclusive" didn't strike as much dread into a collector as it seems to so often do nowadays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I might be mistaken, and again, it happens more often than l like, but I don't remember any of Toybiz's ML being all THAT exclusive. Mostly, everyone had access to "regular" release and then there were some variants that were exclusive to some stores, but as most people are pointing out, those were figures you could easily be content with not being able to find. I guess the Giant Man wave (Walmart) was an exclusive, but I think even the Etailers were able to sell these, unlike the Walgreens exclusives. Even the Holocaust and Red Hulk waves, which were exclusive to WM and Target, respectively after Hasbro took over, I remember buying off Entertainment Earth, I believe. It just seems like the work "exclusive" didn't strike as much dread into a collector as it seems to so often do nowadays.

It didn't. You didnt have any where near the number of exclusive for any action figure line back then as you do today. The exclusive problem stems from the fall of TRU and the remaining big 2 having so much control of the industry in general.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Not really. usually its about how stores didn't stock *enough* of an exclusive/they sold out too fast, rather than it just not showing up at all (i guess WM's Binary would be a similar case).  Also, I think the distinction here is that other stores at least seem to carry current waves of the product, in addition to whatever exclusives they've got... whereas many have reported that they haven't seen WG stock a new ML wave since the Crimson Dynamo wave around March of 2020.  Anecdotal, sure, but it makes it seem as though WG has given up on the line. On the flip side, i've read at least one report recently of a WG stocking HoX wave so maybe aside from exclusives stocking ML is up to individual stores discretion or something, or maybe they are going to try and get back into selling MLs now that COVID is less of a concern. Who knows..

  The other part of this is that the WG employee who made all the exclusive deals for action figures (and was apparently a big fan of figures) left WG about a year and a half ago,  so its not unreasonable to speculate that the dearth of figures is due to whomever replaced him deciding that action figures were not a priority for WG.

Yes, really. As I said, we have this discussion about exclusives every few months. The particulars may vary but the constant is that asking Hasbro to stop providing retailers with exclusives has not born any sort of fruit to date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

I might be mistaken, and again, it happens more often than l like, but I don't remember any of Toybiz's ML being all THAT exclusive. Mostly, everyone had access to "regular" release and then there were some variants that were exclusive to some stores, but as most people are pointing out, those were figures you could easily be content with not being able to find. I guess the Giant Man wave (Walmart) was an exclusive, but I think even the Etailers were able to sell these, unlike the Walgreens exclusives. Even the Holocaust and Red Hulk waves, which were exclusive to WM and Target, respectively after Hasbro took over, I remember buying off Entertainment Earth, I believe. It just seems like the work "exclusive" didn't strike as much dread into a collector as it seems to so often do nowadays.

That's kind of splitting hairs. The may not have been as difficult to find, but they were still a thing. Many retail lines do store exclusives, and it's been that way for years. Some toy Youtuber embarrassed himself at a con a while back by begging the Legends team to stop giving exclusives to Target and Walmart and Ryan politely (certainly more politely than I would have been) said that's out of their hands because these are done to maintain good relationships with the outlets in question. 

Trust me. I get it, it sucks when you want to buy something and it's impossible to find. But saying that if we ask Hasbro to stop doing them they might comply and just cease that practice is just unrealistic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 4:11 PM, JayC said:

Of course technically it's already summer, so that really could be anytime between now and August. 

Technically it is not already summer. June 20th is officially the first day of summer. I would have let it slide, but you had to say "technically". 😛

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While those of us in the United States continue to wait for Hasbro and Walgreens to release the new Marvel Legends Classic Nova figure, the folks in Canada are already starting to get the new Quasar figure which there is being released via EBGames. Folks in Canada started getting Nova over a month ago.

Hasbro has recently stated Nova which will be a Walgreens exclusive here in the US along with Quasar will be out sometime this summer. No word on when we might see Quasar.

Anyway thanks to troycollectstoys who resides in Canada, we have some nice in-hand images of Quasar to share with you which you can check out below.

Quasar-00.jpg

Quasar-01.jpg

Quasar-02.jpg

Quasar-03.jpg

Quasar-04.jpg

Quasar-05.jpg

Quasar-06.jpg

Quasar-07.jpg

Quasar-08.jpg

Quasar-09.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again with the painted on boots. Look how the red just bleeds and almost smears into the blue. Ugh. You'd think by now they would have fixed this. Again, so baffling that they take the time to sculpt some boots like for Shatterstar, Moon Knight for example, but cheap out on others. Otherwise its a nice rendition. 

Due to the fact that my stores don't seem to be carrying Legends anymore and they're not available on wg's site, it wont' matter because sadly I won't be able to get him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TRU needs to come back & then we won't have such problems finding these "HTF" figures. Quasar actually looks like a young Robby Redford imo. The runners/karate hands don't go with this character, splayed fingers woulda been better & some yellow power construct instead of the umpteenth inclusion of flame blasts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

TRU needs to come back & then we won't have such problems finding these "HTF" figures.

Keep saying that if it makes you feel better, but the sad fact is, the toy collecting hobby is just in a really s#!++y place right now, and no one retailer would/could make a difference.

I remain hopeful I'll be able to find Nova and Quasar, but I fully realize even on a good day, the odds are stacked against me. 

Oh, assuming I don't give up this fool's errand altogether, put me down for a Phyla-Vell myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mako said:

Keep saying that if it makes you feel better, but the sad fact is, the toy collecting hobby is just in a really s#!++y place right now, and no one retailer would/could make a difference.

I remain hopeful I'll be able to find Nova and Quasar, but I fully realize even on a good day, the odds are stacked against me. 

Oh, assuming I don't give up this fool's errand altogether, put me down for a Phyla-Vell myself.

Why do you say that TRU wouldn't make a difference?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, monron999 said:

Holy crap. That is a bad head sculpt. I know they're trying to catch that throwback look, but it seriously looks so flat and lifeless and void of detail that it could literally set right aside the old Kenner Secret Wars face sculpts.

This is what I see every time I look at this Quasar figure. Like he was modeled after a John Romita Jr drawing.. 

i know this isn’t Quasar, it’s Starbrand I believe, but the head on this figure just reminds me of this and I can’t unsee it

 

354D1ADE-3224-443F-A457-B1027651E9A8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MODADDYDODOK said:

I’m so glad they didn’t modernize this classic with dark red & dark gold. That really annoyed me with Captain Mar-Vell and kinda with this new Nova too. Wish it didn’t bother me so much. 😭

Total agreement. In most instances I want my Legends exactly like they are in the comics I saw them in. So no gold when they should be yellow. The recent Modular Iron Man and as you said Captain Mar-Vell are two of the biggest offenders. 

Ok, “offenders” is too strong a word but yellow in place of the gold would be better IMO..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE