Marvel Legends Reveals 5/17

JayC

The Infinity Saga reveals from Hasbro continues today with a look at set #7 which is the Surtur figure from Thor: Thor: Ragnarok. The oversized Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Thor Ragnarok Surtur 6-Inch Scale Action Figure may have had something to do with it! Empowered by the Eternal Flame, the demon Surtur rises from the ashes to unleash his fury upon Asgard. The monster features a massive flame sword, swappable hands, and of course an inert version of his helmet which may provide some use later in the story. (We're not going to spoil it. You're going to have to watch Thor Ragnarok and trust us, it's worth it. Then you can come back and buy this figure and buy the other ones you missed.) Includes Surtur figure and 3 accessories. . You can pre-order this figure at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com. Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY.

There a total of 10 figures being released in the Infinity Saga line.

Infinity-Saga-Series.jpg.4e84604eaf58f3011da658b9e0505eb4.jpg

Set 1 - Iron Man Movie Mark III Iron Man
Set 2 - Avengers: Infinity War Captain America (Walmart Exclusive)
Set 3 - Avengers: Age Of Ultron Quicksilver
Set 4 - Thor Movie Odin
Set 5 - Avengers: Endgame Warrior Thor
Set 6 - Iron man Movie Iron Monger (Reveal Coming Friday 5/21)
Set 7 - Thor: Ragnarok Surtur
Set 8 - Avengers: Endgame Captain Marvel And Rescue Figure 2-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)
Set 9 - Iron man 3 Happy Hogan and Iron Man Mark 21 Figure 2-Pack (Target Exclusive)
Set 10 - Avengers: Endgame Iron Man Mk.85 and Thanos Figure 2-Pack

Look for the Iron Monger set to be officially revealed on Friday May 21. If the Walmart exclusive Captain America isn't revealed today, then Friday is the most likely day it will be revealed as well.

Surtur-01.jpg

Surtur-02.jpg

Surtur-03.jpg

Surtur-04.jpg

Surtur-05.jpg

Surtur-06.jpg

Surtur-07.jpg

Surtur-08.jpg

Surtur.jpg

Infinity-Saga-Series.jpg

3 minutes ago, Virtualzach said:

13 inches is *way* too small.  See image below (early movie when Thor is battling 'small' Sutur):

maxresdefault.jpg

Sure.  And at that size he'd have needed to be a HasLab product rather than something retailers would agree to carry.

(And a HasLab product that might not have succeeded, at that, though I suspect it'd at least reach its' minimums...maybe not so much stretch goals).

It looks like a great sculpt with some well-done paint applications and I'll be happy to add it to my collection.  Of course anyone else can feel differently and hold out for a massive version that is, IMO, unlikely to ever materialize, though I'll grant not impossible.

Oh yes here it is, This is rad, it looks a bit less bulky then I hoped, and the paint apps on the clear plastic look a bit muddled, as well as the arms looking a totally different color then the rest of him, but I have good faith its just the lighting in these shots, there is not question I gotta get this figure, over 12'' man thats excellent Hasbro.

3 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Sure.  And at that size he'd have needed to be a HasLab product rather than something retailers would agree to carry.

Yep, edited my post to suggest that after you replied.   IMO, why release anything that's supposed to be movie-accurate if it's not going to be movie-accurate.  There are plenty of other characters from the franchise that still need to be done.  It just bothers me to see people 'ooo'-ing and 'ahhhh'-ing over the size of a figure when we've had 12" ML figures for years.  Which somehow cost less on release...

1 minute ago, JohnF said:

Surtur looks amazing and he's probably gonna scale really well, but I had a feeling that they wouldn't disappoint with him anyway. Plus I'm really excited that Cap is indeed in the last set and I hope that I'll manage to get him this time.

There is 2 left. Iron Monger (which I'm thinking if a 3-pack given the price) and Cap.

1 minute ago, Virtualzach said:

Yep, edited my post to suggest that after you replied.   IMO, why release anything that's supposed to be movie-accurate if it's not going to be movie-accurate.  There are plenty of other characters from the franchise that still need to be done.  It just bothers me to see people 'ooo'-ing and 'ahhhh'-ing over the size of a figure when we've had 12" ML figures for years.  Which somehow cost less on release...

Because there's money to be made, and utterly-faithful screen (or comic-page) accuracy, especially where height is concerned, has virtually NEVER been a major concern of ANY action figure line/manufacturer.

1 minute ago, Jmacq1 said:

Because there's money to be made, and utterly-faithful screen (or comic-page) accuracy, especially where height is concerned, has virtually NEVER been a major concern of ANY action figure line/manufacturer.

*shrug*  I've never cared much about capturing the difference of 6 inches or whatever on a 1/6 scale figure.  It's just more noticeable and harder to swallow when you start working with larger characters like this.  It's not a minor difference any longer, now it's VERY noticeable.  I'm sure I'll end up buying it anyway because I'm a ML sucker.  But it's one of the first MCU ML that I've been disappointed with.   I have a feeling Iron Monger will be the next if they take the same liberties with it.