Marvel Legends Reveals 5/17

JayC

1 minute ago, Virtualzach said:

I think his point was that no one is really "arguing" over the height of the figure.  There is no need to issue pre-emptive warnings at this stage of the discussion.  If we can't talk about the height, can we also not talk about accessories, color variations, comic versus MCU styles, etc.?  These are all things that have been up for debate/discussion in the forums previously and all pertinent to the figures.  We're talking about toys in a toy thread--what is ok to discuss?  

Dude it was a friendly reminder. Like it says we already had to give a number of people warnings over this very thing (that had last over a few weeks) just today so yeah we have to give a pre-emptive . We aren't saying don't talk about the height, because mostly agree with you, but don't turn it into an argument. Respect the other opinions. 

I'm a bit torn on it.  Love the idea of it, but I may want to see it in person to decide. I'm figuring it will be about the same price as the Modok. He was about $80 CND. Gives me hope that they'll do others though. 

Just now, Hordak Rules said:

I'm a bit torn on it.  Love the idea of it, but I may want to see it in person to decide. I'm figuring it will be about the same price as the Modok. He was about $80 CND. Gives me hope that they'll do others though. 

I'm hoping they may do a new Ice Giant or something like that. Sure when they eventually do Surtur in comic form, we can use this as a Fire demon.

7 minutes ago, tarot said:

Dude it was a friendly reminder. Like it says we already had to give a number of people warnings over this very thing (that had last over a few weeks) just today so yeah we have to give a pre-emptive . We aren't saying don't talk about the height, because mostly agree with you, but don't turn it into an argument. Respect the other opinions. 

Again, I don't see where I'm not respecting other opinions.  I was not involved in any of these other height discussions, so I have no common point of reference.  And this sort of reads like "Ok, we've discussed height, now no one else mention it anymore..."  I've actually gained more insight into how the height of the figure has been received based on other poster replies and it's been different than I thought it would be.  Not the other way around.

This is kind of like having a discussion at my local comic store (a civil one) and someone jumps in and says "Whaooo guys, take it down a notch.  Some people got into an argument about this last week."  How is does that apply to my discussion?  

Again, you just literally said "don't talk about the height".  What happens to anyone else who mentions the height going forward?  Totally confused.

3 minutes ago, tarot said:

I'm hoping they may do a new Ice Giant or something like that. Sure when they eventually do Surtur in comic form, we can use this as a Fire demon.

For this one use some of the parts to give us movie Laufey figure. It is inspiring that they're willing to do figures this size. Comic accurate ones would be my preference for sure. 

1 minute ago, Virtualzach said:

Again, I don't see where I'm not respecting other opinions.  I was not involved in any of these other height discussions, so I have no common point of reference.  And this sort of reads like "Ok, we've discussed height, now no one else mention it anymore..."  I've actually gained more insight into how the height of the figure has been received based on other poster replies and it's been different than I thought it would be.  Not the other way around.

This is kind of like having a discussion at my local comic (a civil one) and someone jumps in and says "Whaooo guys, take it down a notch.  Some people got into an argument about this last week."  How is does that apply to my discussion?  

Again, you just literally said "don't talk about the height".  What happens to anyone else who mentions the height going forward?  Totally confused.

No what I said was don't argue about the height. Like you said, you can have a friendly back and forth about it and gain information about it. I didn't mentioned anyone and was quite pleased with how the discussion was going. I only put it out there to insure a friendly discussion. Which is the job of the Mods.

I love this figure. I can't wait to add it! Like others, my mind almost immediately went to "Can we get a MCU Laufey too?!!?"

Seriously, this is a figure I didn't think we'd ever get. Similar to Mephisto and a certain German historical figure, I just kind of figured it was something off limits that Hasbro would never possibly consider as a mainstream toy company. I'm glad that I was wrong!

He and Happy are the two wants from me from this Infinity Saga line. I'll pass on all the others (except the crappy Iron Man I have to buy to get Happy). Keep giving us more figures of characters that have never been made and I'll keep buying them! (and I'll leave it to someone else to buy all the repeat A-Listers that keep getting made over and over and over and over....).

Thanks Hasbro!

12 minutes ago, Reno said:

I love this figure. I can't wait to add it! Like others, my mind almost immediately went to "Can we get a MCU Laufey too?!!?"

Seriously, this is a figure I didn't think we'd ever get. Similar to Mephisto and a certain German historical figure, I just kind of figured it was something off limits that Hasbro would never possibly consider as a mainstream toy company. I'm glad that I was wrong!

He and Happy are the two wants from me from this Infinity Saga line. I'll pass on all the others (except the crappy Iron Man I have to buy to get Happy). Keep giving us more figures of characters that have never been made and I'll keep buying them! (and I'll leave it to someone else to buy all the repeat A-Listers that keep getting made over and over and over and over....).

Thanks Hasbro!

...how exactly are Mephisto and Surtur anywhere near as undoable as that certain German historical figure?  They're fictional versions of a devil, not a real someone who committed real actual atrocities.

1 minute ago, Jeddostotle7 said:

...how exactly are Mephisto and Surtur anywhere near as undoable as that certain German historical figure?  They're fictional versions of a devil, not a real someone who committed real actual atrocities.

you just answered your own question. they re devisl. but now that this has been revealed, first sorry for everytime i said that line and second bring on mephisto.

3 minutes ago, Jeddostotle7 said:

Ok, I wasn't really trying to say they were on the exact same level as much as they seemed to be unlikely to be done by a mass retail toy brand. I wouldn't have been surprised as a comic-con exclusive or something, but I'm still mildly surprised that it will be a mass retail offering by the same company that makes Power Rangers, Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, etc....  

The bottom line is that I'm just happy the figure is getting made. I'm sorry if I offended you by equating the two ideas...that wasn't really what I was trying to do - I was just suggesting that both seemed unlikely to me to be made....

35 minutes ago, Jeddostotle7 said:

They may be referencing the lack of Swastika on the recent Red Skull's arm band but yeah, there's zero chance you ever see Swastikas on a mass market toy sold at Target.

25 minutes ago, tarot said:

you just answered your own question. they re devisl. but now that this has been revealed, first sorry for everytime i said that line and second bring on mephisto.

I can see Mephisto soon, especially with all of the speculation around Wandavision and the upcoming Loki shows.  They are priming the audience for a new round of supervillians and a redefining of the team.  Some will be new, some old but as far as adversaries go, Kang alone won't sustain another 10 years of MCU movies.  

Also, without getting into a fact versus fiction type argument here, Thanos is far worse than Mephisto, Red Skull, and certain real life bad guys in terms of the sheer size and scope of his destruction.  He has murdered millions across multiple galaxies all in the name of "balance".  And that was all before Infinity Saga.  The movies weren't shy about blood, death, genocide and other atrocities and I don't see Disney/Marvel shying away from B-list comic villains compared to how much they've celebrated others.  

47 minutes ago, Reno said:

I'm forgetting how big Laufey is off the top of my head, would reusing parts of Surtur be too big for him? Regardless, I definitely second that. Pack him with Loki and I'm sold!

I think that just the fact that Surtur was in Ragnarok meant that they could make him. I wasn't sure if they would given his size, but they found a way around that too. Mephisto I'm not so sure of, but I think they could get away with doing him as a part of a multipack or as a BAF. Maybe even fan channel single-release.

An odd coincidence has Thor Ragnarok on TBS as we speak. Surtur’s scale will work beautifully for me. 

I now wonder if he sells well we may finally get other important giants from both the MCU and Comic

I wouldn’t hate it if they re-redid MCU Giant -Man at 13”. Still not a true movie size but better than the 10”(??) version they gave us.

This could open the door to some major hero / villains like:

Goliath ( Hank, Clint and Bill.. shoot even Evil Goliath/Atlas)

Stature

Wasp from her brief flirtation with growth serum

another shot at comic Giant- Man in current articulation would be amazing. Toy Biz’s version ( along with MODOK) were two hold overs I couldn’t see Hasbro improving on. But with MODOK’s recent release I’m betting a Updated GIANTMAN would blow that older version away. 

3 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I now wonder if he sells well we may finally get other important giants from both the MCU and Comic

This could open the door to some major hero / villains like:

Goliath ( Hank, Clint and Bill.. shoot even Evil Goliath/Atlas)

another shot at comic Giant- Man in current articulation would be amazing. Toy Biz’s version ( along with MODOK) were two hold overs I couldn’t see Hasbro improving on. But with MODOK’s recent release I’m betting a Updated GIANTMAN would blow that older version away. 

Nah, according to some on this forum, a "Giants of the Marvel universe" deluxe line won't sell. He stated "no one gives a hoot" about Hank Pym "Giantman/Goliath or Erik Josten Evil Goliath.  Even "hardcore" comic fans might not buy em. They got's to pop up in the MCU.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Seriously, totally overstepping. No one has gotten ugly to anyone else about this matter. It's friendly back and forth, nobody's getting hurt here. Just cuz you've made it very clear in the past that you're no fan of the "this guy shoulda been this size" arguments doesn't mean other people don't want to partake. The fact that people keep it alive means it's important issue to the reasoning of why or why not people will or won't be getting it. Get over yourself, man. This forum's not all about you.

Mods have serious reading comp skills. I was not "arguing" about the "hgt" of the figures. I was pushing the concept of a "Giants of the Marvel universe" deluxe line that every 4 months can release 3 larger than normal Marvel comic characters that can not fit in a regular 6" character wave due to being 12'-14-16- tall or taller. Other guy was saying it wouldn't sell. 

My 3 main examples were:

Hank Pym Giantman/Goliath 16' tall

Erik Josten Goliath 16' tall

Sentinel- classic DOFP version 16' tall. 

Btw, I don't "argue", I enjoy debating people. 

Stop power tripping mods. 

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Mods have serious reading comp skills. I was not "arguing" about the "hgt" of the figures. I was pushing the concept of a "Giants of the Marvel universe" deluxe line that every 4 months can release 3 larger than normal Marvel comic characters that can not fit in a regular 6" character wave due to being 12'-14-16- tall or taller. Other guy was saying it wouldn't sell. 

My 3 main examples were:

Hank Pym Giantman/Goliath 16' tall

Erik Josten Goliath 16' tall

Sentinel- classic DOFP version 16' tall. 

Btw, I don't "argue", I enjoy debating people. 

Stop power tripping mods. 

Ok. as far as I know you weren't getting in trouble yet your still going on about mods. So move on.

I get what people are saying about scale, and I'm stopping to remember back when Toybiz would actually give us BAFs close to this in size.

But there are more than enough large-scale comic characters to justify a limited wave focusing on doing them in scale. There can be a gray area between normal releases and extreme Haslab projects. 

22 minutes ago, Brenttoo said:

But there are more than enough large-scale comic characters to justify a limited wave focusing on doing them in scale. There can be a gray area between normal releases and extreme Haslab projects. 

Stop it! That makes too much sense. I'm sure the just announced 13' tall Surtur will rot on the shelves. 

48 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Stop it! That makes too much sense. I'm sure the just announced 13' tall Surtur will rot on the shelves. 

No one is arguing that it won't sell.  It's whether they've taken too many liberties with the character size just to get it out there.  Is it better than nothing?  I mean...maybe?  Would anyone complain if it were 20" tall instead of 13?  Nope. 

I think that's what gets lost on these height discussions; it's like people are picking a 'team' or something and feel the need to defend it.  It's not buyer versus non-buyer.  It's realistic versus non-realistic.  If people are happy with a half-arsed representation of the character, so be it.  It's your dollar.  

10 minutes ago, Virtualzach said:

No one is arguing that it won't sell.  It's whether they've taken too many liberties with the character size just to get it out there.  Is it better than nothing?  I mean...maybe?  Would anyone complain if it were 20" tall instead of 13?  Nope. 

The character was on screen, what...10-12 total minutes. You're not gonna devote that much size to him for that little screen time. I don't collect the MCU line but wouldn't have had a problem with him being 20" tall. I'm all for larger sized characters getting the figure treatment & hopefully this figure sells out & Hasbro starts giving us a variety of never before done large MU characters in the 16"-20" scale.

16 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

The character was on screen, what...10-12 total minutes. You're not gonna devote that much size to him for that little screen time. I don't collect the MCU line but wouldn't have had a problem with him being 20" tall. I'm all for larger sized characters getting the figure treatment & hopefully this figure sells out & Hasbro starts giving us a variety of never before done large MU characters in the 16"-20" scale.

I don't really see why screen time would have anything to do with the size of the figure.  The shorter the screen time, the shorter the character?  I don't think Hasbro has been shy about raising the pricing on "Deluxe" figures in the past and I mentioned the DoFP Sentinel earlier as a good example.  I think many people would pay a extra for a more accurate representation.  

There needs to be a middle ground between Haslab and 'standard'/Deluxe figures.  I think a lot of people would take issue with a 13" Fin Fang Foom if they threw that out there.  They wouldn't just say "Well...at least we got something."