Marvel Legends Reveals 5/17

JayC

32 minutes ago, Virtualzach said:

That'd be fine since there are already ML of the other team members.  But five is the magic number for a BAF, so that's what it'll be.

That's if you assume it's a wave and not a Team boxed set a la Alpha Flight or X-Factor with Havok and Polaris. And even if it was an "Excalibur" wave, Hasbro wouldn't release all the members in that one wave. Remember the "X-Force" wave with Nightcrawler, Guardian and Mr. Sinister?

16 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Rachel got a figure by Hasbro back in the Brood Queen wave, but she could do with an update

The one on the right (which looks so much bettergrey.thumb.jpeg.511a3903de050f4e2f09835456f0b103.jpeg than the de-powered one on the left) is my current Rachel (Grey) in my 80s shelf. Not ideal obviously as she's in her Chris Bachalo-designed 2000s threads, which is why as you guys say we are due for an Excalibur one.

5 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

How would people feel if it was just a 3-Pack of Shadowcat, Meggan and Rachel Summers?

I would prefer that since I've already got a Nightcrawler and I only really want Captain Britain from Excalibur, who would presumably be made available separately at another time. I don't really care about Meggan and Rachel, and I want Kitty in her training uniform from her early days on the team. 

Going to be a negative nancy and play devil advocate but if it's an SDCC exclusive, then it will be more the just the ladies. That being said it mightn't even be just Chris Claremonts team. They will obviously include Cap Brit but with the Sword, it make me think it mightn't be Classic. Plus they could throw in Betsy as well. Kind of similar to how the A-force set only had She-Hulk and Singularity in it. I'm hoping I'm wrong cause a Excalibur  will probably be the only way to get Rachel in her pheonix suit and well as having a Meggan figure at all.

Yeah i still lean towards excalibur being either sdcc exclusive or amazon box set.  However, hasbro has 2 "themed" x-waves this year so i suppose a 3rd isn't out of the question.   But since when is the magic number for a BAF 5 figures? Its nearly always 6, no? and in some cases 7.  I can't reacall   a wave where you only needed 5 figures to complete the BAF, although one probably exists.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

I'm hoping I'm wrong cause a Excalibur  will probably be the only way to get Rachel in her pheonix suit and well as having a Meggan figure at all.

I'm hoping they do what they did with Alpha Flight, a more-or-less "classic" representation of the team: Captain Britain, Nightcrawler, Rachel as Phoenix, Meggan, and Shadowcat.

10 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

How would people feel if it was just a 3-Pack of Shadowcat, Meggan and Rachel Summers?

No, that wouldn't be fine. I want a classic Brian Braddock Captain Britain figure utilizing the recently revealed 80s Hercules buck with only the lower legs requiring the thigh high boots & gloves & of course new head sculpt. Stoic serious look along with alternate open/grasping hands & fists. 

QbydZcA.jpgVrLCLoK.jpgy5zlNlG.jpg

Ah, Captain Britain, right before he gets his bell rung by Juggernaut.  But an update on that classic costume would be nice.  The Toy Biz version...wasn't great, and while I liked the more modern Hasbro version (Utimate?) well enough, it's...well...modern.

A more retro one would be welcome, and I'd prefer this over his second Excalibur costume.

2 hours ago, FiguArtist said:

Yes more MCU villains. Now I need a Chitauri and Outrider two pack lol.

Hasbro doesn't seem to want to do this, so maybe we could see a re-release of the 7" Marvel Select Chitauri that was released shortly after the first Avengers movie. I have a couple of those and I'm happy with them. Maybe they could do an Outrider too....

image.thumb.jpeg.0f78f2d0fc9b38e79c667b3b3916dad9.jpeg

I want an extra unmasked head of Brian Braddock 😍

8 hours ago, mako said:

That would be terrific, but I'm not gonna lie, I'd also be kinda disappointed. I luvs me a good 5-pack.

Same.

7 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I can't reacall   a wave where you only needed 5 figures to complete the BAF, although one probably exists.

Venompool, where one figure came with both legs!

12 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Imagine a set with these three, done in the same Blue Jim Lee Trading Card box format as the Love Triangle 3-Pack. That teased sword can just be a pack-in a la the Wolverine cowl or the Magneto helmet in the Hellfire Club set. Perhaps a new Lockheed as well.

meggan.png

phnx.jpeg

shadowcat.jpeg

I'd be really happy with this being the set, these are the 3 I want the most, out of a potential Excalibur set, I would love a Cerise, and would be pretty pumped on Cap Brit Betsy but they can come elsewhere. I also know it's another leftfield pick but we should get an Amanda Sefton in her look when she was Kurt's boo in Excalibur. I just don't know how much I feel I need or want to re-buy Cap Brit or Nightcrawler again, that Nightcrawler was pretty perfect, and I don't have issues with the current Brian. I don't know what they could do to improve, I mean I wouldn't be mad at a classic look for Cap Brit, but I'd like Betsy more, or even Cap Brit in the Lionheart costume.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Not quite. 6 is the minimum for each wave BUT only 5 may have a baf piece

No one was talking about minimum for each wave though. The OP said how many figures you needed to buy to complete a BAF and for venompool you only needed to buy 5 figures to get Venompool. You don't need to buy that sixth figure (Movie Venom). Funnily enough he's the most sought-after from that wave.

Even then, if for some reason Hasbro only gives us 3 Excalibur figures in a hypothetical "Excalibur" wave there's no reason why they can't load up the wave with non-Excalibur figures a la the previously mentioned "X-Force" wave which only had Cannonball, Boom Boom and Uncanny X-Force Wolverine.

With our luck they'll probably give us a Wolverine or worse, a Deadpool.