New Marvel Select Loki With Kid Loki Disney Store Exclusive Figure Revealed

JayC

Shown below from Hong Kong is an image that has surfaced on social media from a Nenala who got their hands on this as of yet unannounced new Disney Store exclusive comic book based 7" Marvel Select Loki with Loki Laufeyson (Kid Loki) figure 2-Pack. This will likely start hitting US Disney stores and or their website soon.

Marvel-Select-Loki.jpg

The Legends team needs to get this version of Loki out there, I feel like this has been the current look since Agent of Asgard and in the eight or so years since that run it doesn't seem like we're any closer to getting one.  I might end up getting this despite the scale difference because I really like this version of the character.

Considering Loki's arc in Journey into Mystery -> Young Avengers -> Agent of Asgard is one of my favorites in comics, I feel very compelled to get this figure even if I collect only Iron Man.

It's also worth taking into account that when Loki was reborn as the God of Stories, he canonically became taller. So I wonder if that would help with wedging this figure into a Marvel Legends display.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

The Legends team needs to develop a youth/kid body mold if I'm ever going to get my Power Pack figures.

I'm all in on the Power Pack since they showed up in Mutant Massacre, but the boys in that team would be a different/much younger buck than this young Loki. This one would be closer to Miles Morales or the Kid Nova from the Guardians wave, though an update would obviously be appreciated.

13 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I'm all in on the Power Pack since they showed up in Mutant Massacre, but the boys in that team would be a different/much younger buck than this young Loki. This one would be closer to Miles Morales or the Kid Nova from the Guardians wave, though an update would obviously be appreciated.

but they do need a smaller buck if for nothing else then to have Franklin on it as well. The Miles buck could be used for the older Brother, (forget his name).

12 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Alex is the oldest at 12 years old. Julie is 10. Jack 8 and Katie 5. Truth is, there's enough discrepancy in their ages that they would need four different molds, no doubling up on boys and girls like the Hellfire Club.

They have all grown up by now. Hell Julie is in a relationship with Karolina of the Runaways. 

However all the comic that they have usually depict them in the past, rather then present day. For example, one of the more recent times they appear was before Spider-man got the symbiote and Deadpool was wearing it.

I am surprised after all of this time we never saw Hasbro do a Legends of this Loki, seems like it would have happened by now, I guess this is a weird release for DST, but they do weird stuff, I mean the Loki show is coming out, but you would have thought they'd have done a movie Loki.  I'm always curious if there is anyone out there who actually collects Marvel Selects over Legends at this point in time.

43 minutes ago, tarot said:

They have all grown up by now. Hell Julie is in a relationship with Karolina of the Runaways. 

However all the comic that they have usually depict them in the past, rather then present day. For example, one of the more recent times they appear was before Spider-man got the symbiote and Deadpool was wearing it.

Alex is around 19-20, Julie around 17-18, Jack around 15-16, Katie around 12-13 I think since the most recent Power Pack mini, idk sliding timeline and aging and de-aging some characters is convoluted, especially with Franklin who should be older than Miles, RiRi, Kamala, etc... and Valeria is also another convoluted one who they say is three, but she’s just a bit shorter than Franklin who’s as tall as the rest of the teen-young adult super human community, unless the F4 are feeding corn which is making Valeria expand like a chicken, then it’s super weird.

Julie and Karolina broke up, with Karolina dating Nico Minoru at the moment, and Julie dating Rikki Barnes from the 90s Heroes Reborn universe.