Marvel Legends Modern Green She-Hulk 6" Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Madness80 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Modern Green She-Hulk figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Savage-She-Hulk-Green-01.jpg

Savage-She-Hulk-Green-02.jpg

Savage-She-Hulk-Green-03.jpg

Savage-She-Hulk-Green-04.jpg

Savage-She-Hulk-Green-05.jpg

Savage-She-Hulk-Green-06.jpg

Savage-She-Hulk-Green-07.jpg

Savage-She-Hulk-Green-08.jpg

Savage-She-Hulk-Green-09.jpg

I've said this before and often: it's a good-looking figure, but I'm passing because it's not the She-Hulk I want. I want a traditional Savage She-Hulk or a Byrne-style Sensational Shulkie with big hair (painted black, by the way) and a smile on her face. She-Hulk is one character that I don't need a neutral head for; she's fun, flirty, sex-positive and expressive. Give her a smile and maybe even a wink. This also applies to the Fantastic Four She-Hulk that we better get, too.

That passive head is nicely done but just doesnt fit well with any iteration of She-Hulk out there. Its not bad, dont get me wrong....but as I posted elsewhere, it would look better IMO on a Valkyrie body. Obviously, they'd need to modify to that over-the-eye sweep thing her hair usually does, and repaint it, but it would be perfect for a noble, serene Valkyrie.

The current comic She-Hulk is of course way bulkier than either of these figures. I really don't care for that look on her at all.  This body will work great for the "classic"/byrne She-Hulk, Thundra, Valkyrie, Titania type characters. 

Valkyrie-Defender.jpg

If they could put the arms from this figure on the She-Hulk from the A-Force set, it would be a pretty decent Classic Byrne-Style She-Hulk. As far as this figure goes, it's an okay use of a pretty good buck. If they modify the lower body a bit it could be used for several "bulkier" females, but I get the feeling they're just gonna give it the same treatment they gave the Savage Hulk figure and leave the buck exactly as it is and just make some weirdo, random, one-off, one appearance versions of characters like Titania and Thundra and others. You know, from when they appeared that one time, in that one issue, for a fleeting moment in that one story in an alternate universe. Yeah, it worked for Maestro, why not here and basically everywhere else?

It's an odd one, this new She-Hulk, and honestly don't know if I like it. Looking at the evolution of She-Hulk, I'm ranking good old Red at #1, new She-Hulk at #2 and 'What were Hasbro thinking here?' She-Hulk (A-Force) a distant third. She got that giraffe neck, stupid hair and face and a boring costume. The head swap doesn't work either: new She-Hulk is maybe three or four shades lighter.

I'm clinging on to the vain hope that they'll go back to this sculpt for a third time, and finally give us the Lyra we missed out on with the Hit Monkey BAF Wave from about 86million years ago.

Or Thundra (the face needs a fix) and I think someone already mentioned Valkyrie (comic, New Defenders era). Both of those are pretty horrible, and the Valkyrie from the early days of Hasbro still looks way better facially and bodily - she's just about three feet short and has horrible articulation though.

They could also revisit Red She-Hulk (I think the body sculpt is a winner), do a super-size Polaris (Muir Island/Shadow King arc) and maybe even Secret Wars Titania. Have I missed anyone?

20210520_184531.jpg