Hasbro pulse customer service & Hellfire "variant" mustard stain Emma Frost.

SpiderS

Maybe this is not so appropriate for this forum but I don't know anywhere else where people can hear me out on this topic, after 8 months and delays I received Hellfire set, I was happy but my Emma  has "variant" yellow mustard stain, which I can't even get off, it seems to be almost like part of the mold, Hasbro pulse answered me with dismissive comments that it's not their problem and they are unable to do anything. Is this Hasbro pulse where collector's come first? Or am I being too much and it's not that big deal to have this small but noticeable yellow stain on Emma? I dunno but for example site like BBTS is always very carefully and responsible for even small defects on products they sell which aren't of their own manufacture, while  hasbro being this dismissive about  their own EXCLUSIVE product they made us wait for 8 months? Maybe I'm exaggerating and being too much and wrong but this definitely doesn't sit right with me rn. What do you think?

spacer.png

Is there anything else wrong with the set? If not, then I have to agree with Hasbro with this. Yes is a stain but it's a really small spot on the figure. a tiny bit of white pen/tipex/paint will sort it out. I understand the frustration but at the same time, it a really minor thing.

I’m not even asking for replacement lol, for example bbts fully replaced my jubilee which  had wonky eyes I didn’t ask for replacement or anything and they also refunded me when my dcmultiverse GL had bad paint apps on chest again without me  directly asking them for refund or anything.  So no I’m not begging Hasbro to send me new Emma but if they offered like 5 percent off your next purchase on Hasbro pulse, which is nothing for them  or some small gesture like this even that would be nice but  dismissive tone is like ugh really bothered me. 

I've never returned anything to BBTS, but when I tried to get a replacement for my Rogue/Pyro 2 pack in which Rogue came with 2 left arms and Pyro's alternate head sculpt did not fit due to the peg hole being misshapen, Dorkside didn't care in the least and referred me to Hasbro customer service. Then Hasbro only offered me a 20 percent refund and and replacement product of equal price of their choosing (literally anything they had). I ended up with a Smyth, Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales from the Spider-Man animated line, which I have neither use or desire for. I coulda bought all those figures on clearance for less than half of what they (Hasbro) was valuing them at.

49 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I've never returned anything to BBTS, but when I tried to get a replacement for my Rogue/Pyro 2 pack in which Rogue came with 2 left arms and Pyro's alternate head sculpt did not fit due to the peg hole being misshapen, Dorkside didn't care in the least and referred me to Hasbro customer service. Then Hasbro only offered me a 20 percent refund and and replacement product of equal price of their choosing (literally anything they had). I ended up with a Smyth, Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales from the Spider-Man animated line, which I have neither use or desire for. I coulda bought all those figures on clearance for less than half of what they (Hasbro) was valuing them at.

Ugh sucks...

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

Wow. That sucks. I had some issues with Rogue in that two pack (nothing as bad as two left arms), and BBTS sent me a brand new set.

Have you tried lighter fluid? I'm not being funny either. Take some zippo lighter fluid and put it on a q-tip and scrub the Dickens out of that spot with a good amount of pressure from your finger. I've had similar issues and it worked. No guarantees of course. If you do try this, be sure and use a soft toothbrush and some luke warm water with dish soap and clean her good afterwards. 

I’d hang onto her. This is Emma’s secondary mutation, laser pointer nipples. You have the first one!

in all seriousness, for the price, the exclusivity, and the wait you’d think Hasbro would make the effort to show strong customer service. 

Id be reluctant to use chemicals to remove but only because I’d be afraid to make it worse. But the earlier suggestion of covering may be the best option.

They didn't offer you anything? They’ve never been able to just give me the straight-up replacement I usually want, but I’ve had several issues with figures and they always offer me a refund if I return the damaged item, or a free “replacement” of equal value if I’m willing to just live with the defective figure and hang on to it. With the replacement, they sometimes let me choose a wave, and then they send a random figure from it, but usually they just pick something for me. They theoretically offer same-product replacement if they have that particular product in their “replacement stock”, but the best they can do is a random figure from the same wave if it’s a figure from an assortment. For the Hellfire Club, my guess would be they don’t have any replacement stock and there are no other products of equal value, so they just don’t know what to do. I agree that their options are garbage and seem like they wouldn’t take much effort to fix, not to mention getting in touch with them has been rough since the pandemic started, but they usually do something.

Did they offer you a refund that you didn’t take because it would’ve meant returning the whole set? I ended up actually taking the refund on one of my Hellfire Guards, since they had them up for preorder at the time, so I was able to order a replacement and wait for a refund cheque on the original, but it looks like they sold out of the Club again... bummer. I bet if you told them you’d be willing to take a lesser value replacement figure, they’d probably go for it. When my motorcycle Wolverine arrived with a distressed claw, and they couldn’t guarantee that my replacement wouldn’t be Black Widow, I asked for a figure from the Caliban wave instead and they were okay with it.

20 hours ago, Satam said:

Wow. That sucks. I had some issues with Rogue in that two pack (nothing as bad as two left arms), and BBTS sent me a brand new set.

Yeah, it's one of those things. Do you prefer superior customer service or better prices? Pick your poison. Unfortunately, better pricing often wins the fight. I used to be all about Dorkside, but now I just go to them as a last resort. I'll pay the extra dollar or two at BBTS or EE to avoid crap like this.

I don't really blame Hasbro so much as Dorkside. Hasbro's always had about the same policy. They would have replaced it if they had the stock but they didn't. On the other hand if the vendor had returned it as a defective item they would have gotten a full refund with no skin off their teeth, and they did actually have it listed as in stock so they could have replace it if they wanted. They came back at me that had I not opened the package they would have taken an exchange or refund, but since it had been opened it was considered "tampered with". How many times have you been able to identify a defective product in package? In this case the arm was only noticeable had you known exactly what you were looking for and there was no way whatsoever the defective head sculpt could have been identified. In retrospect I should have just put the damn things back in the package with a new piece of tape on the tab instead of being honest.

I'll know better next time and maybe this warning will help someone in the future. NEVER, EVER, ever...ever....ever tell Dorkside you took the product out of package.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Yeah, it's one of those things. Do you prefer superior customer service or better prices? Pick your poison. Unfortunately, better pricing often wins the fight. I used to be all about Dorkside, but now I just go to them as a last resort. I'll pay the extra dollar or two at BBTS or EE to avoid crap like this.

I don't really blame Hasbro so much as Dorkside. Hasbro's always had about the same policy. They would have replaced it if they had the stock but they didn't. On the other hand if the vendor had returned it as a defective item they would have gotten a full refund with no skin off their teeth, and they did actually have it listed as in stock so they could have replace it if they wanted. They came back at me that had I not opened the package they would have taken an exchange or refund, but since it had been opened it was considered "tampered with". How many times have you been able to identify a defective product in package? In this case the arm was only noticeable had you known exactly what you were looking for and there was no way whatsoever the defective head sculpt could have been identified. In retrospect I should have just put the damn things back in the package with a new piece of tape on the tab instead of being honest.

I'll know better next time and maybe this warning will help someone in the future. NEVER, EVER, ever...ever....ever tell Dorkside you took the product out of package.

I hear ya. At this point, I pretty much only shop at Dorkside to get BAFs without having to buy an entire wave or if I want a figure out of a boxed set but don't everything in the box.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Hasbro sent me replacement, I think  I was too emotional and angry  when  pulse told me to contact directly Hasbro customer service but I guess this is how they do It there and I mistakenly thought of it as dismissive, so anyway big thanks to Hasbro for replacement and I owe them and you all apology for my collector anger and impulsivity and I guess hood figure is actually based on me. But still the fact it got replacement  is awesome.  

On 6/4/2021 at 8:22 AM, SpiderS said:

Update

Hasbro sent me replacement, I think  I was too emotional and angry  when  pulse told me to contact directly Hasbro customer service but I guess this is how they do It there and I mistakenly thought of it as dismissive, so anyway big thanks to Hasbro for replacement and I owe them and you all apology for my collector anger and impulsivity and I guess hood figure is actually based on me. But still the fact it got replacement  is awesome.  

Did you have to send back anything?

22 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Was asking because my White Queen has a weird left eyebrow and was wondering if it was worth the trouble 😞

Hmmm dunno, I think if you are in USA you will have to send set back,  although worth mentioning that Emma has pretty bad face make up on replacement, her lips are super misaligned and eyes look ultra sideways also Shaw has broken joint in knees, but I really cannot complain I got replacement for hard to find exclusive set, for which I'm grateful.

4 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Hmmm dunno, I think if you are in USA you will have to send set back,  although worth mentioning that Emma has pretty bad face make up on replacement, her lips are super misaligned and eyes look ultra sideways also Shaw has broken joint in knees, but I really cannot complain I got replacement for hard to find exclusive set, for which I'm grateful.

They're telling me they can't help with my request but to contact their Global Consumer Care Team for assistance 😐

I'm in Canada.

On 6/8/2021 at 2:33 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

They're telling me they can't help with my request but to contact their Global Consumer Care Team for assistance 😐

I'm in Canada.

Yes they told me the same, and I thought this was way of saying no, but this is who I contacted and this is how they do replacements, that site has online chat if can find them at right time, this is how i did it anyway.