MAFEX Jim Lee Era Jean Grey X-Men Figure Revealed

JayC

The first initial scan for the next Marvel MAFEX figure from Medicom has hit the net. It will be a Jim Lee era X-Men Jean Grey figure. Looks like it will have 3 headsculpts, multiple hands and energy effect pieces. Official images and details should be released soon.

MAFEX-JEAN-Grey.jpg

This looks damn good Mafex did they thing on this. I'm impressed she looks really well can't wait to see some reviews of Jean I don't buy Mafex to expensive I stick to Marvel Legends but I do hope whoever buys this figure enjoys it because it looks sick.

Mafex does nice work. I've got the entire Justice League thanks to Mattel phoning it in.

I've just invested in ( what is the definitive to me) XMen team.. and  it cost me nearly as much per figure as what Madex goes for. .. I'm sticking to Legends thank you haha

6 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I don't normally say this about action figures, but....that is a sexy action figure...

I love it... balancing the fine line between appreciation and being a weirdo..  been there my friend 😂

Following the initial reveal on Friday, Medicom has now released official images and details for their upcoming MAFEX Jim Lee Era Jean Grey X-Men figure which is slated for release in March 2022. The figure has 3 headsculpts, multiple hands and psychic effect pieces. Look for it go up for pre-order in the next day or so.

MAFEX-Jean-Grey-01.jpg

MAFEX-Jean-Grey-02.jpg

MAFEX-Jean-Grey-03.jpg

MAFEX-Jean-Grey-04.jpg

MAFEX-Jean-Grey-05.jpg

MAFEX-Jean-Grey-06.jpg

MAFEX-Jean-Grey-07.jpg

I really don’t want to spend  100 dollars on Jean but this figure seems pretty good, although I have very conflicting feelings in regards of her lips, they are way too thin, and yes I get that Mafex figures often have anime style faces but this one just looks little on the weird side. Still have to see how she looks in actuality, along with upcoming Psylocke figure, but Its scale with ml and actual paint job on faces that will determine my final decision with both of them.  

• 1 year later...

Wow, for those of you who are old enough to remember, those face portraits look liked they're based straight of the art of Whilce Portacio when the X-Men were first split into Blue and Gold teams. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but if it is it's quite impressive and an attention to detail I only wish the guys at ML subscribed to. MAFEX are a bit too pricey and a lot too flimsy for my taste but I've always been impressed with it's design and sculpt. I'm sure fans of the line will be happy with this one.