Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Reveals 5/21

JayC

Today Hasbro reveals their biggest and possibly best Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Iron Man Movie Iron Monger And Obadiah Stane 2-Pack. This is available for pre-order from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Obadiah Stane suits up as the powerful Iron Monger to threaten Iron Man. After a long stint as second-in-command of Stark Industries, Stane is eager to exact revenge on Tony Stark.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors.

Iron-Monger-02.jpg

Iron-Monger-03.jpg

Iron-Monger-04.jpg

Iron-Monger-05.jpg

Iron-Monger-06.jpg

Iron-Monger-07.jpg

Iron-Monger-08.jpg

Iron-Monger-09.jpg

Iron-Monger-10.jpg

Iron-Monger-11.jpg

Iron-Monger-12.jpg

Iron-Monger.jpg

6 minutes ago, Inspection12e said:

Do we know if the MCU or comic based figures sell better?

I havent seen any stats but I do know they have much more limited characters to make for MCU (until the next phase really starts at least) and they are really upping their MCU outage with these most recent waves and reveals. Blowing their wad very early. It will get to a point where its mostly comic stuff if they keep this up. 

Shown below is a look at the Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Avengers: Infinity War Captain America which is being sold as a Walmart exclusive and available for pre-order at Walmart.com. Look for it to be released on September 1, 2021.

The figure has 2 headsculpts, 2 pairs of hands and 2 Wakandian Shields.

Innfinity-War-Cap.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap1.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap2.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap3.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap4.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap5.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap6.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap7.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap8.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap9.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap12.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap13.jpg

Innfinity-War-Cap14.jpg

13 minutes ago, Inspection12e said:

Do we know if the MCU or comic based figures sell better?

I don't know which sells better, but from the few statements they've put out it sounds like they're pretty much codependent. They can't afford to put out only MCU figures or only comic figures; they require the sales from both fanbases to produce as much content as they do. If they dropped the MCU figures, the only comic figures they would make would be the sure fire sellers like '90s X-Men and Spider-Man. 

11 minutes ago, EvilHayato said:

I havent seen any stats but I do know they have much more limited characters to make for MCU (until the next phase really starts at least) and they are really upping their MCU outage with these most recent waves and reveals. Blowing their wad very early. It will get to a point where its mostly comic stuff if they keep this up. 

Technically the Eternals stuff hasn't officially been announced much less released, and there's also No Way Home before the end of the year (if only by a few days).

In other words, still quite a bit of MCU stuff left for this year.  And next year we get Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther 2, Marvels, and Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness.

The "Infinity Saga" sub-line seems to have been largely another "gap filler" as far as what's past in the MCU.  Honestly they've whittled it down pretty well as far as "must have" characters and much-needed updates, though as loathe as I am to admit it there are a few more MCU Iron Man suits that could stand a do-over (Mk IV/Triangle Reactor stands out), though I wouldn't put a huge priority on it.

They'll no doubt have another sub-line next year, but it'll remain to be seen what it is.  Maybe it'll be comic based like the 80th anniversary stuff.

Iron Monger looks great (and the added Obadiah is nice to have, too).  I wish you could put him in the armor but the engineering on that was probably just too much to get it in under $100.

Pass on IW Cap.  It's a great improvement over the first figure but I don't need every single version of Cap.

Iron Monger and Obadiah Stane are a pretty cool pack, the Iron Monger is really well executed, I almost want it, but I won't buy it. I am happy to see they finally fixed up the IW Cap, and gave it a respectable face sculpt and two wakanda shields it is a nice improvement, I have no interest though, I still am a bit salty with Hasbro on this whole Infinity War program, they really could have used this as the opportunity to give us brand new characters we needed across the board but it really is for the most part a bunch of fixes or alt versions of the popular guys, kinda ho hum. I'm only going to be getting Surtur.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Iron Monger and Obadiah Stane are a pretty cool pack, the Iron Monger is really well executed, I almost want it, but I won't buy it. I am happy to see they finally fixed up the IW Cap, and gave it a respectable face sculpt and two wakanda shields it is a nice improvement, I have no interest though, I still am a bit salty with Hasbro on this whole Infinity War program, they really could have used this as the opportunity to give us brand new characters we needed across the board but it really is for the most part a bunch of fixes or alt versions of the popular guys, kinda ho hum. I'm only going to be getting Surtur.

Yeah in the end we are getting 4 new characters I think? Happy, surtur, monger, Odin. But I don’t begrudge people getting improved or new versions of big name characters, it’s just not for me. I still may end up picking up some of these if they get marked down, probably Odin and surtur are my biggest wants but I can easily live without them, too

haven’t crunched the numbers but it certainly feels like there were more new characters in the 10th and 80th lines (let alone the Fox movie line) but again not really all that bothered. I would say I want a golden armor Heimdall but we can see how Midas armor iron man turned out so maybe not such a great idea. 

12 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

14 total figures, 5 of which were never-before-done (Quicksilver, Odin, Obadiah Stane (I count him as separate from his Iron Monger identity but your mileage may vary), Surtur and Happy Hogan).  3 of which were never-before-released versions (Endgame Warrior Thor, Endgame Captain Marvel, and Werther's Original Iron Man).  The rest were updates, some more badly needed (Iron Monger) than others (Rescue, even if I like the new version).

So a little over 1/3 were "new" characters.

Sadly I do think there are some MCU/Infinity Saga characters that may never see the light of day (Ancient One, Aldrich Killian, Frigga and Malekith spring to mind).