Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Reveals 5/21

JayC

Oh man, that Iron Monger 2-pack looks amazing. I'm glad that Stane comes with a briefcase, since I've always wanted a 1/12 briefcase to pair with my team suit Tony Stark so it's like the briefcase where he held the Tesseract.

Between Happy Hogan and Obadiah Stane, I'm really happy that my MCU Iron Man shelves are getting to have a wider variety of characters. I'm already excited thinking what Hasbro could do for a second Infinity Saga wave.

12 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Sadly I do think there are some MCU/Infinity Saga characters that may never see the light of day (Ancient One, Aldrich Killian, Frigga and Malekith spring to mind).

The only one of those that I don't think we'll ever see is Frigga. I could definitely see them giving us perhaps all 3 of the rest of those in the next Infinity Saga wave. My guess would be a single-packed Malekith, Ancient One repacked with Doctor Strange or Mordo, and Killian packed with Tony and another HPP armor.

11 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Sadly I do think there are some MCU/Infinity Saga characters that may never see the light of day (Ancient One, Aldrich Killian, Frigga and Malekith spring to mind).

In the last few years, we've gotten figures for characters I would have never expected to see getting the Legends treatment, like the Collector, Luis or MJ. And after the announcement of Happy Hogan, I wouldn't rule out any villains or other important supporting characters. Out of the ones you mentioned, the only one I wouldn't hold my breath for getting a figure is Frigga. But even then, who knows. A Thor: The Dark World Loki/Frigga 2-pack is now something I can totally picture getting made.

If Hasbro makes the Infinity Saga an ongoing line, they will need to milk it for all its worth.

7 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I'm not an MCU collector, but if the Infinity Saga sub-line continues, I would think the Guardians of the Galaxy characters ought to get more representation. Maybe Ego and Stallone's Stakkar Ogorn and others like that.

I'm sure once Gunn craps out the next GOTG movie the Guardians will get all the attention you want. For my money, I hope that translates into decent comic based Howard the Duck and classic Drax figures (though I'll take an MCU Howard in a pinch).

2 more excellent pieces to the Infinity Saga.. Hasbro is killing it.

ive spoken before that Star Wars giving every background character a figure was dumb but I’m loving the selection we are getting with this line. I’d not say “never” to anyone, Frigga included.

This IW Cap is amazing. The face sculpt is just ok, but the hair and suit are just about perfect. Great update.

the Iron Monger is huge! But not sure why this set is near $70.. Monger isn’t THAT much taller to justify that hike is he? Stane is just awesome, and a long time coming. Jeff Bridges stole Iron Man, can’t believe it took so long to immortalize him

The Hoping Walmart has turned around their pre-orders. I’ve managed to snag both Walker version of Cap and IW Cap But the last time I ordered multiple Caps ( Venomized) Walmart cancelled one and shipped one. Why let me order 2 if you’ll only let me get 1? Jerks.

Now gets thes beauties released.. been saving my $$$ let’s get them in our hands!!

1 minute ago, ADour said:

Oh man, that Iron Monger 2-pack looks amazing. Between Happy Hogan and Obadiah Stane, I'm really happy that my MCU Iron Man shelves are getting to have a wider variety of characters. I'm already excited thinking what Hasbro could do for a second Infinity Saga wave.

I mean if it were me (yes, it'll be some new and some remakes...and I'll try to be "realistic" in that it won't all be new tooling/new characters):

Warriors Three-Pack (Volstagg/Hogun/Fandral)

Malekith and Kurse 2-pack (Thor: The Dark World)

Destroyer and Thor 2-Pack (The Mighty Thor)

TAAAAAAAAAserface! with Rocket and Kraglin (Guardians vol II)

Whiplash

Mk VI Armor (Iron Man II) and Justin Hammer

Laufey w/ "Generic" swappable Frost Giant Head (The Mighty Thor)

Smart Hulk w/ Ancient One (Avengers: Endgame)

Captain America (First Avenger Main Costume remake)

1 minute ago, Ironspider428 said:

The only one of those that I don't think we'll ever see is Frigga. I could definitely see them giving us perhaps all 3 of the rest of those in the next Infinity Saga wave. My guess would be a single-packed Malekith, Ancient One repacked with Doctor Strange or Mordo, and Killian packed with Tony and another HPP armor.

The reason I suspect we won't see the Ancient One is due to some recent comments by Kevin Feige.  And Malekith and Frigga mostly because they seem determined to forget Thor: The Dark World ever happened.  I mean I'd include them if I had a choice (see above) but that's me.

6 minutes ago, McHogan said:

the Iron Monger is huge! But not sure why this set is near $70.. Monger isn’t THAT much taller to justify that hike is he? Stane is just awesome, and a long time coming. Jeff Bridges stole Iron Man, can’t believe it took so long to immortalize him

Iron Monger looks like he's pretty much completely new tooling, so it may not just be a size issue (though I suspect we're gonna see a lot of that tooling again real soon).  

Just now, tarot said:

If there is one character that they won't make it will probably be whiplash. Mickey Rourke was not happy with hid treatment, so I doubt he will agree to a figure.

Pretty sure you don't get to be in these movies without signing over your likeness rights for toys.  They've already made Whiplash in 3.75" form so I doubt he's off-limits in 6" scale.  Just might not be possible to do the face-scanning if they don't have one already.

4 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Pretty sure you don't get to be in these movies without signing over your likeness rights for toys.  They've already made Whiplash in 3.75" form so I doubt he's off-limits in 6" scale.  Just might not be possible to do the face-scanning if they don't have one already.

The 4 inch one was made before the movie was released so he didn't have a say. He would have a say if they release a figure of him this late without his permission

Holy #$##, this Iron Monger is great. I thought I'd like the pack and now looking at it it's really looking good. This Obadiah figure also looks very good and the likeness is spot on. This pack wasn't on my wishlist initially and I'm still not sure if I'll get it, but they didn't disappoint and now I'm tempted...Might just grab this one afterall.

Now as far as Cap goes, I wish I could be as excited. It was my most anticipated reveal from this whole line, cause I still don't have a Cap figure, but now that it's here it's just ok. It really doesn't look like Chris Evans in my opinion and it's probably another case where you can only see the likeness from certain angles. I'm happy that this time around we're getting two shields and they're movie accurate, as well as gloves on both hands, the extra hands etc. It generally feels like they corrected their mistakes from the first release, except for the suit which I think is the only thing that they did better the first time around. Overall though I'm still kinda disappointed with this one and If I end up getting it (Walmart and their exclusives), I really hope it looks better in hand. 

41 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I'm not an MCU collector, but if the Infinity Saga sub-line continues, I would think the Guardians of the Galaxy characters ought to get more representation. Maybe Ego and Stallone's Stakkar Ogorn and others like that.

Definitely!! I mean, we did get an Ego way back when. But we still need plenty more GotG figures!! Korath, Kraglin, Howard and Cosmo, Ayesha, and all the older Ravagers.

48 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

I'm almost sure we're getting a Frigga eventually, she did come back for Endgame.
The AO with Mordo would be amazing, since the original was pretty mediocre in accessories, though we'll probably see him in some way in the sequel. I'd put my money on the AO and Wong, tho.
Malekith I see him being done singlepack in the same way Red Skull was, with alt heads and weapons for a regular dark elf.

While I'm not as excited for the whole line up as I was with the first one... so far there are only 2 I haven't jumped on, IW Cap and MK3 IM. I already have them in an ok way, and I'm running out of space, other figures have priority. But if I find them... well we'll see.

The only other one I haven't preordered yet is the Happy set, I don't know where to look for it in Mx. Any of you fellow mexicans know?

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

14 total figures, 5 of which were never-before-done (Quicksilver, Odin, Obadiah Stane (I count him as separate from his Iron Monger identity but your mileage may vary), Surtur and Happy Hogan).  3 of which were never-before-released versions (Endgame Warrior Thor, Endgame Captain Marvel, and Werther's Original Iron Man).  The rest were updates, some more badly needed (Iron Monger) than others (Rescue, even if I like the new version).

So a little over 1/3 were "new" characters.

Yeah see I just was really hoping that this Infinity Saga program was going to be the definitive fill in the blanks in the MCU display series, and I sorta had the idea (maybe we all did) at first that this was what they were going to do, I mean this should have and could have been the way to really flesh things out for MCU fans, Whiplash, Killian, Wong, Ancient One, Malekith, Kurse, Dark Elf, Kaecilius, Outrider, Chituari, some correct Quantum Suits, Proper Endgame Hulk etc, but nooooo we got werthers original Iron Man (that suit wasn't even used in a movie da fug?!). Now I think we will be never getting any of those needed characters the time is slipping away, missed opportunity 😞 

I'm not even an MCU collector really, but I feel sad for everyone who is, this line was a let down.

41 minutes ago, tarot said:

If there is one character that they won't make it will probably be whiplash. Mickey Rourke was not happy with hid treatment, so I doubt he will agree to a figure.

Hot Toys did get to make a Whiplash figure, and they even re-released it last year. If it comes down to an issue with the likeness, I'm pretty sure Hasbro can go around that by making a masked Whiplash MK II, even if it's not the character's most iconic look, and problem solved.

7 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah see I just was really hoping that this Infinity Saga program was going to be the definitive fill in the blanks in the MCU display series, and I sorta had the idea (maybe we all did) at first that this was what they were going to do, I mean this should have and could have been the way to really flesh things out for MCU fans, Whiplash, Killian, Wong, Ancient One, Malekith, Kurse, Dark Elf, Kaecilius, Outrider, Chituari, some correct Quantum Suits, Proper Endgame Hulk etc, but nooooo we got werthers original Iron Man (that suit wasn't even used in a movie da fug?!). Now I think we will be never getting any of those needed characters the time is slipping away, missed opportunity 😞 

I'm not even an MCU collector really, but I feel sad for everyone who is, this line was a let down.

I'm a huge MCU collector and I disagree. Would I have liked to get more new characters? Obviously, but I'm also very happy with what we did get. We now have Odin, Quicksilver, Surtur, Happy and Obadiah for the collection, as well as movie-accurate suits for Captain Marvel and Thor, not to mention a new HPP member, Midas, though his color is very disappointing to be fair. We also get much needed updates for Infinity War Cap, Endgame Thanos and Iron Man. Rescue is the only one I didn't think necessary but I won't complain about getting more accessories. Iron Monger and MK 3 might as well be brand new, as the old, not-technically-Legends versions might as well not exist now, these new ones are so good. Plus, I think the Infinity Saga line is PERFECT for MCU collectors, they don't seem to have indicated it would be a 1-year thing, and it'll give them an excuse to release either another wave at some point or just random releases throughout the year like they now do with retro figures.

Also, yes, MK 21 was in Iron Man 3, one of the background armors in the final battle, though he should be metallic gold, not caramel colored. Not sure why they made that decision, even if he had been the same gold plastic as Deluxe Thanos, he would have looked fine. The armor is named "Midas" for god's sake.

24 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

we got werthers original Iron Man (that suit wasn't even used in a movie da fug?!)

Technically speaking, all suits from the Iron Legion appeared in the movie. Some just had more screen time than others. It's a nice detail that you can actually pause a frame of the movie and recognize a suit from the Iron Legion catalogue. Still, the Midas Armor was definitely one not even I needed. I really wish Hasbro would invest on the higher-profile unique Iron Legion suits instead of defaulting to the lazy repaints.

All in all, I don't think this line was a let down. Most of the releases have generated plenty of hype. Assuming the Hasbro team is smart enough to realize this shouldn't be a one-off, it makes sense that they wouldn't blow their load on the first "wave."

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

14 total figures, 5 of which were never-before-done (Quicksilver, Odin, Obadiah Stane (I count him as separate from his Iron Monger identity but your mileage may vary), Surtur and Happy Hogan).  3 of which were never-before-released versions (Endgame Warrior Thor, Endgame Captain Marvel, and Werther's Original Iron Man).  The rest were updates, some more badly needed (Iron Monger) than others (Rescue, even if I like the new version).

So a little over 1/3 were "new" characters.

That is fair.  the 10th anniv line  had Ronan, Crossbones, Sif, Yellowjacket, "Mandarin", Pepper Potts, Red Skull, i'm not sure if any of the others were new

The 80th line had (comic) the Alpha Flight set, and on the mcu side Grandmaster, Korg, Skurge, Luis, Ghost, and Agent Carter.

So really the proportion of "new" characters doesn't necessarily change dramatically - it really all depends on how you feel about the versions of previously released characters they are doing. For instance the 80th was my favorite line since we got classic versions of Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, Colossus, and Thor.  I guess i'm just not as excited about the this year's new versions but not a big deal, happy for others who thrilled to get updated versions of Carol, Rescue, Cap, Tony, Thanos, etc.

Kind of amazes me that they never made a Chitauri figure, though

That Iron Monger is AMAZING, but I'm gonna preemptively agree with Shartimus and say it needs more accessories. As for the Infinity War Cap....ehhhh...maybe I just gotta see it in person but I feel like they still haven't nailed Bearded Chris Evans, which is weird because every Cap that was released after the Cull Obsidion BAF wave had a spot on likeness.

2 hours ago, Inspection12e said:

Do we know if the MCU or comic based figures sell better?

Comic based figures likely sell better because there's just that much more of them. The Marvel universe has a vast catalog of superheroes and has tons more than ever seen yet. The great thing is, MCU allows some of those to be brought to life on the big screen, even if they aren't exact matches. 

We are living in a golden age, my friends, if you love superheroes. Big screen, small screen, web series, radio/podcast series, animated, statues,  action figures and of course comics....I love it all.