Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Reveals 5/21

JayC

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

The reason I suspect we won't see the Ancient One is due to some recent comments by Kevin Feige.  And Malekith and Frigga mostly because they seem determined to forget Thor: The Dark World ever happened.

I don't think that's true at all. I think the whole point of bringing Renee Russo back in Avengers Endgame was to redeem that movie and show there is value in every chapter of the Infinity Saga. Same reason they brought Thunderbolt Ross back after The Incredible Hulk, and the Abomination is supposed to show up in She-Hulk too. 

1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

Definitely!! I mean, we did get an Ego way back when.

I mean Ego the whole planet. He'll be roughly the size of a volleyball. True, I'm sure some people will complain that's not big enough to be authentic... 🙄

Ok, I was afraid the they would ruin Iron Monger but this looks pretty good,,  It's a little odd to see it priced at $70 to get an 'extra' character that most people won't care about though.  Ironically, they could have given Sutur an extra six inches with a $70 price tag and I'd have been all in.  Either way, I'm glad to see these figures being released.  I only own four Iron Man figures but I've seen some awesome collections posted by people who *really* like Iron Man.  lol  This will be the centerpiece of those collections.

11 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I mean Ego the whole planet. He'll be roughly the size of a volleyball. True, I'm sure some people will complain that's not big enough to be authentic...

Yep, which is why I don't think they should even try it.  I'm sure they'd be thrilled to sell plastic balls for $100 but, aside from hanging the thing in the corner of a room, where would it even fit into a collection?   And it's just a textured ball with a face on it, right?  Might as well just get out the paper mache and make my own Ego.

2 hours ago, shazam71069 said:

Why is Captain America almost always a Walmart exclusive? 80 Years, Worthy, Venomized, John Walker, and now this one. Kind of odd.

No real proof but Walmart probably considers themselves “America’s Box Store”.. so what better figure to be their store exclusive?

Ive found every Cap exclusive in store but in the case of the 80th I happened upon him just after he was stocked, otherwise I’d have never seen him. The rest have been fairly easy to come by.

hoping this continues with Walker Cap and IW Cap

You would think that with the new face print tech we would get accurate head sculpts. The angry cap head looks more like a brunette Mark Stone from the Vegas Golden Knights than Chris Evans. I will pick it up though. I will alternate displays on a monthly basis between Infinity War, Endgame and the Disney + series. Hopefully I can find him in Canada.

I hope we can put that Jeff Bridges head on the Iron Monger body. That would be so dope. Also, is it just me or is Hasbro super biased towards Iron Man when it comes to these big Marvel Studios projects? The guy appeared 50% of the first 10 years line and now it looks like he will be taking up even more. I know I have pestered Hasbro about me and my friends receiving our own figures, but would it not be cool if we got a Civil War Thunderbolt Ross or a W'Kabi, as well? Instead of getting a bunch of Iron Man characters..

5 minutes ago, Hogun said:

I know I have pestered Hasbro about me and my friends receiving our own figures, but would it not be cool if we got a Civil War Thunderbolt Ross or a W'Kabi, as well? Instead of getting a bunch of Iron Man characters..

Iron man sells.  Spider Man sells.  Deadpool sells.  Which is why we see so many iterations of those heroes (and related characters) and so often.  The molds rarely change and they always sell out through multiple runs.  It's a shame, but it's also what helps pay to make the more obscure figures we get every once in a while.  

9 minutes ago, Hogun said:

I hope we can put that Jeff Bridges head on the Iron Monger body. That would be so dope. Also, is it just me or is Hasbro super biased towards Iron Man when it comes to these big Marvel Studios projects? The guy appeared 50% of the first 10 years line and now it looks like he will be taking up even more. I know I have pestered Hasbro about me and my friends receiving our own figures, but would it not be cool if we got a Civil War Thunderbolt Ross or a W'Kabi, as well? Instead of getting a bunch of Iron Man characters..

Well... Iron Man kind of is the crown jewel and centerpiece of the MCU. That combined with his marketability makes him extra marketable.

1 hour ago, Virtualzach said:

Ok, I was afraid the they would ruin Iron Monger but this looks pretty good,,  It's a little odd to see it priced at $70 to get an 'extra' character that most people won't care about though.  Ironically, they could have given Sutur an extra six inches with a $70 price tag and I'd have been all in.  Either way, I'm glad to see these figures being released.  I only own four Iron Man figures but I've seen some awesome collections posted by people who *really* like Iron Man.  lol  This will be the centerpiece of those collections.

I was hoping they were going to do something new, and make it so that Obie could fit inside of the cockpit. Thought that would be an explanation for the inflated price. At the same time, if you look at 'Monger for about $40-50.00 and Obie at $20.00, the pricetag matches up I suppose. I like the set. Not sure yet if I'm gonna buy, but I like it.

1 hour ago, Virtualzach said:

Yep, which is why I don't think they should even try it.  I'm sure they'd be thrilled to sell plastic balls for $100 but, aside from hanging the thing in the corner of a room, where would it even fit into a collection?   And it's just a textured ball with a face on it, right?  Might as well just get out the paper mache and make my own Ego.

They should totally do it. Give it some LED lighting for the eyes and a way to hang it or display it from the wall. Either way, between the tennis ball and the paper mache... I might have some fun weekends in store

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah see I just was really hoping that this Infinity Saga program was going to be the definitive fill in the blanks in the MCU display series, and I sorta had the idea (maybe we all did) at first that this was what they were going to do, I mean this should have and could have been the way to really flesh things out for MCU fans, Whiplash, Killian, Wong, Ancient One, Malekith, Kurse, Dark Elf, Kaecilius, Outrider, Chituari, some correct Quantum Suits, Proper Endgame Hulk etc, but nooooo we got werthers original Iron Man (that suit wasn't even used in a movie da fug?!). Now I think we will be never getting any of those needed characters the time is slipping away, missed opportunity 😞 

I'm not even an MCU collector really, but I feel sad for everyone who is, this line was a let down.

New Tooling costs a lot of money.  You will virtually never see an assortment that's all new characters because the bean counters won't let it happen.

And bluntly a lot of the characters left would require tooling that might have limited reuse options.  Which is likely a big reason we haven't gotten some if those characters.

But I don't really feel the line was a let down at all.  Werther's Original Iron Man is the only complete dud for me.  There are a couple others I probably won't get but it's less because I think they're bad figures and more just starting to be more selective in my ML collecting.

6 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah in the end we are getting 4 new characters I think? Happy, surtur, monger, Odin. But I don’t begrudge people getting improved or new versions of big name characters, it’s just not for me. I still may end up picking up some of these if they get marked down, probably Odin and surtur are my biggest wants but I can easily live without them, too

haven’t crunched the numbers but it certainly feels like there were more new characters in the 10th and 80th lines (let alone the Fox movie line) but again not really all that bothered. I would say I want a golden armor Heimdall but we can see how Midas armor iron man turned out so maybe not such a great idea. 

Ran the numbers. Last time we got 19 (20 if you count sdcc red skull), figures. 8 were fixes or upgrades, 11 were new characters or versions. Of those 11, 7 were brand new characters and 4 were never before done versions of the heroes.

This time we got 14 figures (so far), 5 are redos or upgrades, 8 are new characters or versions. Of those 9, 6 are new characters. 

Either way, we got 5 figures less all in all, fixes reduced 2, new characters reduced 2, and a new version of a character was reduced. 

Talking in %: the first line had 36.8% new characters, this line it's 42.8% for new characters.

All in all, it's a pretty solid line.

As for Heimdall, Odin has golden on his armor and looks pretty good IMO, I'm still holding out for that.

29 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

New Tooling costs a lot of money.  You will virtually never see an assortment that's all new characters because the bean counters won't let it happen.

And bluntly a lot of the characters left would require tooling that might have limited reuse options.  Which is likely a big reason we haven't gotten some if those characters.

But I don't really feel the line was a let down at all.  Werther's Original Iron Man is the only complete dud for me.  There are a couple others I probably won't get but it's less because I think they're bad figures and more just starting to be more selective in my ML collecting.

I don't think the line was a let down either, the only figures I'm "passing" on are Mk3 and IW Cap since I already have a version of them that does good enough of a job. The rest are absolutely great IMO, even Midas. My biggest complaint would be Thanos, but the sword and Tony's accessories really help it sell. Rescue is a great upgrade and that Cap Marvel is a figure we still needed. 

Still, I'd probably pick up IM and Cap if I saw them in the wild one day.

Sorry to disappoint everyone who was hoping this line would continue next year, but this is just this year’s anniversary line, like the 20th anniversary of the Fox X-Men was last year, Marvel’s 80th was in 2019, etc. It’s not a wave because not all the figures will be released simultaneously, and next year’s anniversary line will likely have a different theme. They heavily implied that the classic Thanos figure, the cosmic Walgreens theme, and the Infinity Saga anniversary line this year were to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Infinity Gauntlet comics.

The next best thing after the Walmart one is the upcoming MAFEX the has basically the same accessories plus hands and the spears that you already have from Proxima and Corvus. But costs 95 bucks. So I'm happy with this guy. 

44 minutes ago, Benn said:

Sorry to disappoint everyone who was hoping this line would continue next year, but this is just this year’s anniversary line, like the 20th anniversary of the Fox X-Men was last year, Marvel’s 80th was in 2019, etc. It’s not a wave because not all the figures will be released simultaneously, and next year’s anniversary line will likely have a different theme. They heavily implied that the classic Thanos figure, the cosmic Walgreens theme, and the Infinity Saga anniversary line this year were to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Infinity Gauntlet comics.

Yes I assume next year will be a different theme - at this point every year is some significant anniversary

kinda wonder if the sdcc set will be infinity gauntlet related comic set. I was thinking Excalibur but if those figures don’t require tons of new tooling I could see that being an Amazon set like alpha flight 

4 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Yes I assume next year will be a different theme - at this point every year is some significant anniversary

kinda wonder if the sdcc set will be infinity gauntlet related comic set. I was thinking Excalibur but if those figures don’t require tons of new tooling I could see that being an Amazon set like alpha flight 

2022 is the 20th anniversary of the Raimiverse! Hopefully we get a line of brand new original trilogy figures. 

My bet is still on Excalibur being this year's comic SDCC/Pulse exclusive and then another Infinity Saga set for the MCU exclusive. Maybe that Hulk/Cap set that fuzzy images of have floated around today.

2022 will be the 60th anniversary of the first appearance of Spider-Man, Thor, the Hulk, and Ant-Man. Spider-Man always has multiple waves, but with it being an anniversary year for Thor and we're getting a new Thor movie, maybe the Asgardian God of Thunder will get some more attention.

Next year will also be the fiftieth anniversary of 1972, however, which saw the first appearance of such great genre characters as Luke Cage, Adam Warlock, Dracula, Ghost Rider, and Werewolf by Night! Maybe we'll finally get a good Marvel horror line. Or a classic Power Man and Iron Fist two-pack!!!

1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

I totally understand the tooling issues, it's not feasible to produce a whole line of fully tooled figures that likely will see the tools never being used again, but it's not impossible to create a smaller line that uses new tools, with potential parts that can be re-used down the road, my thoughts are that this line could have been smaller and omitted some unnecessary figures, or it could have if they really cared bled out the cost from a upcoming wave that might require next to no tooling, I mean the HoX wave and Iron Man wave coming have a ton of tool re-use, but hey I imagine a sutur and iron monger tool would have cost triple a standard tool so that's likely right there a massive chunk of the budget. I get it all, but sometimes I wish a company like Hasbro would less pander to wallet evaporating and just maybe give less, but make it count, they could easily produce less product in a year, and give us more unique figures

Once upon a time Toy Biz did this...I know inflation, times have changed, prices of oil, etc etc *sigh* just wishing upon a plastic star.