Marvel Legends Infinity Saga Reveals 5/21

JayC

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Sorry to disappoint everyone who was hoping this line would continue next year, but this is just this year’s anniversary line, like the 20th anniversary of the Fox X-Men was last year, Marvel’s 80th was in 2019, etc. It’s not a wave because not all the figures will be released simultaneously, and next year’s anniversary line will likely have a different theme. They heavily implied that the classic Thanos figure, the cosmic Walgreens theme, and the Infinity Saga anniversary line this year were to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Infinity Gauntlet comics.

But isn’t but isn’t that just splitting hairs? Maybe next years line isn’t called the Infinity Saga ( although that is the perfect name for an MCU evergreen line).. but there will be more MCU figure sets.. just called something different.. there is too big a market to just call it quits 

10 minutes ago, McHogan said:

But isn’t but isn’t that just splitting hairs? Maybe next years line isn’t called the Infinity Saga ( although that is the perfect name for an MCU evergreen line).. but there will be more MCU figure sets.. just called something different.. there is too big a market to just call it quits 

2022 also will be the 10th anniversary of the first Avengers movie!

That Iron Monger set looks awesome! Felt a little tug to buy it but that price made me stop. I feel like it should have been closer to $60 rather than $70 but I understand that there are reasons that would push the price up (new tooling, using actor's likeness, special packaging, etc.).

It would have been awesome if Stane could have been placed inside Iron Monger. Maybe if they made Stane to be split at the torso (like how Cannonball is) then just the upper part would be placed inside. Would've been awesome but probably would have made it more expensive.

1 minute ago, Emnems80 said:

That Iron Monger set looks awesome! Felt a little tug to buy it but that price made me stop. I feel like it should have been closer to $60 rather than $70 but I understand that there are reasons that would push the price up (new tooling, using actor's likeness, special packaging, etc.).

It would have been awesome if Stane could have been placed inside Iron Monger. Maybe if they made Stane to be split at the torso (like how Cannonball is) then just the upper part would be placed inside. Would've been awesome but probably would have made it more expensive.

Not a bad idea really..  it ive got to think we won't see another shot at Monger .. this is prob his definitive  version... but he is awesome 

21 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

2022 also will be the 10th anniversary of the first Avengers movie!

Every year is an anniversary if you look hard enough.. and Hasbro knows that they are sitting on a gold mine... plus there are sooo many characters still needed done.  My guess is that this line, whatever it is called, will go on for years 

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Sorry to disappoint everyone who was hoping this line would continue next year, but this is just this year’s anniversary line, like the 20th anniversary of the Fox X-Men was last year, Marvel’s 80th was in 2019, etc. It’s not a wave because not all the figures will be released simultaneously, and next year’s anniversary line will likely have a different theme. They heavily implied that the classic Thanos figure, the cosmic Walgreens theme, and the Infinity Saga anniversary line this year were to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Infinity Gauntlet comics.

As far as I know, only the Thanos figure was meant to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Infinity Gauntet. The Infinity Saga assortment is just Hasbro cashing in on Marvel's newest marketing sub-brand, just like LEGO is also doing. I think it's a stretch to assume it's meant to be tied to the Infinity Gauntlet anniversary.

I'm not expecting new Infinity Saga figures to be announced soon, but this sub-brand is specifically what gives Hasbro the chance to revisit past MCU movies without having to use an anniversary as an excuse. I'm not expecting Hasbro to release more figures next year, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they might do that, especially if this first "wave" does well.

They just can't get Chris Evan's likeness right can they... the gritted teeth head looks more like Ward Meachum from the Iron Fist show. 

Don't really collect MCU figs but that Iron Monger looks great. I wanna add it to my GI joe collection as a prototype weapon for Cobra or something... 😁

Edited by MRT
Correcting a character

I'd love to get the Stane/Iron Monger but it's $105 CND through ebgames. Just not worth it even with my discount. Again, I'll wait and see if I can get it cheaper down the road. 

2 hours ago, ADour said:

As far as I know, only the Thanos figure was meant to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Infinity Gauntet. The Infinity Saga assortment is just Hasbro cashing in on Marvel's newest marketing sub-brand, just like LEGO is also doing. I think it's a stretch to assume it's meant to be tied to the Infinity Gauntlet anniversary.

I'm not expecting new Infinity Saga figures to be announced soon, but this sub-brand is specifically what gives Hasbro the chance to revisit past MCU movies without having to use an anniversary as an excuse. I'm not expecting Hasbro to release more figures next year, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they might do that, especially if this first "wave" does well.

This was my take as well. I got the impression that the Infinity Sage will continue, under whatever name until they mine it for all its worth. Makes sense but I guess we will see

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

I mean, sure. I’m not suggesting they’re gonna stop making MCU figures. I’m just saying next year’s anniversary line will be different, and may or may not include the MCU. The MCU 10th line was obviously all MCU, the Marvel 80th was some comic and some MCU, last year’s X-Men line was comics and Foxverse. I just wouldn’t set your heart on seeing MCU gap-fillers every year. They fit them in when they can, but sometimes other stuff takes precedence.

47 minutes ago, Benn said:

I mean, sure. I’m not suggesting they’re gonna stop making MCU figures. I’m just saying next year’s anniversary line will be different, and may or may not include the MCU. The MCU 10th line was obviously all MCU, the Marvel 80th was some comic and some MCU, last year’s X-Men line was comics and Foxverse. I just wouldn’t set your heart on seeing MCU gap-fillers every year. They fit them in when they can, but sometimes other stuff takes precedence.

Makes sense, and  I get that. I can see Hasbro changing it up to fit what fans want in the moment. 

It just seems to me, that the MCU has reached that point where they will always be a relatively strong presence in Hasbro’s Legends plan ala whatever Star Wars calls their line that hits all movies and major / minor characters because the fan base is large enough to support the deep dives like the Luis and Mjs..  

I was under the impression that the head sculpt for this "updated" Cap was supposed to have a better likeness than the first one. That is FALSE! I must give credit where credit is due though. For only an extra $6 and lack of BAF you can have 2 shields which is actually screen accurate! Oh, you really did it this time Hasbro. Hit a grand salami!

Give me a break. Another case of Hasbro gouging us for something they shoulda just got right the first time. I know, I know, a lot of the first figures are based on concept art and go through a bit of change, but this one did not. They had every capacity to do this correct the first time. They coulda given us multiple head sculpts, they coulda given us 2 shield thingies, they coulda done a good facial likeness, all of this coulda been done the first go round, but they didn't. We all had suspicion that they would eventually come out with a better version in the future but none of us knew for sure, so we bought the first one. In my opinion they coulda just included the new head sculpt(s), which are not better, and another shield with another single figure that didn't have a BAF and accomplished the same thing. And the color palette for the first one was better, to boot.

I am cozying up more and more to the MCU figures, but there's just not enough here to make me step off a curb.

The face printing tech seems to be all over the place. For every Scarlet Witch we get an Odin. Okay maybe they didn't have the proper scans for Odin for the first Thor movie which came out 10 years ago, and maybe the tech hasn't been perfected for bearded faces so perhaps that's an unfair comparison but I'm hoping we get quality on par with the former--Scarlet Witch--in time for the MCU X-Men to arrive.

(Even the Brie Larson face is weak.)

At the risk of being blunt, pretty much all of these MCUA figs suck and are brutally overpriced. 

I don't begrudge MCU fans these at all though, and some of them I may possibly consider buying (Quicksilver and Infinity War Cap) but all of these figures have seen multiple releases, multiple times, and have warmed pegs multiple times too: there's only so much demands for guys & gals in suits or casual wear (counting the Shang-Chi and Eternals wave here, too) and/or MCU folk that have been done to death.

With this thing too, why didn't they do something different? I was thinking this could be a guy fits in armour suit deal because of the large size of the 'Monger, or if that were too complex, follow the ancient (but still totally kick-ass) Toy Biz Hulkbuster Iron Man, with the flip-up helmet and a properly sculpted, posable, Stark head inside.

I've mentioned the balance issue before, so all I can say is in 6 months time these are going to be insanely cheap. And everywhere.

16 hours ago, McHogan said:

Is there though? MCU figures are a lot like swim-trunks, they may sell like gang-busters during the Summer season, but once Fall rolls around, it's all about down coats and electric socks. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings hits theaters, everyone wants figures. 6 months down the line, not so much.

You're right in that there will probably always be a market for MCU figures, but by nature, that market will be dictated solely by whatever movie is or isn't in theaters at the time. It's all about ebb and flow. One month you're making a killing, the next month Shang-Chi is the star attraction in the Walmart clearance isle.

6 hours ago, monron999 said:

I was under the impression that the head sculpt for this "updated" Cap was supposed to have a better likeness than the first one. That is FALSE! I must give credit where credit is due though. For only an extra $6 and lack of BAF you can have 2 shields which is actually screen accurate! Oh, you really did it this time Hasbro. Hit a grand salami!

Give me a break. Another case of Hasbro gouging us for something they shoulda just got right the first time. I know, I know, a lot of the first figures are based on concept art and go through a bit of change, but this one did not. They had every capacity to do this correct the first time. They coulda given us multiple head sculpts, they coulda given us 2 shield thingies, they coulda done a good facial likeness, all of this coulda been done the first go round, but they didn't. We all had suspicion that they would eventually come out with a better version in the future but none of us knew for sure, so we bought the first one. In my opinion they coulda just included the new head sculpt(s), which are not better, and another shield with another single figure that didn't have a BAF and accomplished the same thing. And the color palette for the first one was better, to boot.

I am cozying up more and more to the MCU figures, but there's just not enough here to make me step off a curb.

Depending on how hard the updated IW Cap is I may take the new heads, and use them on the old body where the muted colors seem more screen accurate...

1 hour ago, mako said:

Is there though? MCU figures are a lot like swim-trunks, they may sell like gang-busters during the Summer season, but once Fall rolls around, it's all about down coats and electric socks. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings hits theaters, everyone wants figures. 6 months down the line, not so much.

You're right in that there will probably always be a market for MCU figures, but by nature, that market will be dictated solely by whatever movie is or isn't in theaters at the time. It's all about ebb and flow. One month you're making a killing, the next month Shang-Chi is the star attraction in the Walmart clearance isle.

I do believe there is a strong market yes. I’m not saying that many figures don’t end up in the bargain bin for MCU waves. But judging by my search area this happens to comic waves as well. So many stores near me are still swimming in AoA figures that aren’t moving even at a discounted price.

As far as then starting hot then cooling off, well again, all waves do as people find them. My mentality is strike while the Iron is hot, this is how I grabbed my Children of Thanos sets before they reached their current over priced demand. ( as well as the Amazon exclusive Deadpool and Wolverines as well)

as always it comes down to what you like. I get both movie and comic figures so I’m Hasbro’s key demographic and I guess I make up the market for both as well.

All of these are looking fine to me. I don't collect the MCU so a lot of it is a pass for me but if I actually see the Cap figure I might grab him and head swap since I always display in mask. I'm really surprised to see that Stane/Monger set. Thats honestly really cool. Still hoping for an update to Avengers (2012) Cap in this line but if not, oh well.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

I do believe there is a strong market yes. I’m not saying that many figures don’t end up in the bargain bin for MCU waves. But judging by my search area this happens to comic waves as well. So many stores near me are still swimming in AoA figures that aren’t moving even at a discounted price.

That's not really my point. Yes, there is a market for MCU figures, and it's a good one, but that market follows the movies. No movies, no MCU lines. The whole reason the past year in figure collecting has been so FUBARed is because movie schedules were changed prompting figure releases to be juggled to compensate.

And it's not a matter of like either. Ask some of the old-timers around here. I used to be "Mr. MCU." If somebody came in here spreading shade about MCU figures being inferior to comic figures, they and I would have a problem. Eventually, though, I just moved on. Doesn't mean I don't still think they're cool, they're just not my thing.

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Still hoping for an update to Avengers (2012) Cap in this line but if not, oh well.

I get the feeling we'll see some new Avengers figures for the 10th anniversary next year. I'm hoping for a new Cap, Loki and Hulk, then redos of MK 7 (or a new MK 6), Hawkeye, Widow and Thor. I'd even be down for a 6 pack, or a wave. Cap, Loki, MK 6/7, Widow, Hawkeye, Thor and BAF Hulk would be a killer wave.

2 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

I get the feeling we'll see some new Avengers figures for the 10th anniversary next year. I'm hoping for a new Cap, Loki and Hulk, then redos of MK 7 (or a new MK 6), Hawkeye, Widow and Thor. I'd even be down for a 6 pack, or a wave. Cap, Loki, MK 6/7, Widow, Hawkeye, Thor and BAF Hulk would be a killer wave.

Yeah, I could go for a Thor and IM to go with him. Hopefully we'll see some new releases for that film. It's still my personal favorite. 

Imagine a Amazon box set ‘ala the Children of Thanos set of the original Avengers team with updated articulation ( looking at you Cap) to go with their first appearances. 

Now that would be a worthy 10 year anniversary set

3 hours ago, mako said:

That's not really my point. Yes, there is a market for MCU figures, and it's a good one, but that market follows the movies. No movies, no MCU lines. The whole reason the past year in figure collecting has been so FUBARed is because movie schedules were changed prompting figure releases to be juggled to compensate.

And it's not a matter of like either. Ask some of the old-timers around here. I used to be "Mr. MCU." If somebody came in here spreading shade about MCU figures being inferior to comic figures, they and I would have a problem. Eventually, though, I just moved on. Doesn't mean I don't still think they're cool, they're just not my thing.

Ok gotcha. I get where you are coming from.

My only real point was that Star Wars maintained a “Saga” ( don’t recall the actual name but it covered every movie in the franchise including nameless background aliens) without a movie at the time. No reason it couldn’t be done for the MCU. 

And wasn’t no movie the reason many claimed a GI Joe line wouldn’t work today ? You can’t find those figures in stores.

Of course a movie to help move action figures always helps, though I think Shang Chi and Eternals will put that theory to the test haha..