Ares; was it the right move?

Dabboi

So I recently picked up that 2017 Ares figure at a local toy shop, and I'm torn on how I feel about him. Overall, it's a striking figure with an imposing presence on my shelf. But it's also just a re-release of a 10 year old BAF with new paint apps and an axe and awful articulation + gross hips. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that the character got put back out there as the original was notoriously tough to find.

Would you have preferred a new figure all around? Is there hope for a new Ares figure? Is this one of the more "lazy" things that Hasbro has done?

I really liked the character's design during the Secret Invasion/Dark Reign era so while there are some age related problems for the figure I love that it got re-released in later all black motif.  I swapped in the original's helmet since it had a better metallic color, but overall, happy to have this one.

As for the hoping for a new Ares, I'd love one with the same design and better articulation, but his relevance at Marvel seems to have come to an end despite a couple attempts at using him after Siege.  

Given that the BAF was pretty expensive at that time, i was glad to get ahold of him in this wave although yes his artic is limited by today's standards. he's still an imposing figure on the shelf and i like that he came with helmet, sword, and axe.  I wouldn't be against a new Ares figure but its not really a priority for me either.  He may be a bit too big pitted against classic herc when that figure is released but i'm guessing with a little creativity people can make it work

One of Hasbro lazy re-releases for me was Avengers 1 Cap for the Bro Thor wave. Though I’m sure his choice was influenced for the same reasons as Ares, too many new sculpts and the choice was an updated paint job. Bleh.

one of my Legends goals is a definitive version of every MCU suit Cap has worn. That we got this outdated body twice worries me that it will be a long time before this suit gets a revisit.

but I too would love another Ares with updated body

I’d love an updated Ares with better articulation, I never got the 2017 one, so I could use one for my Avengers display. I feel a two-pack of him and an updated Sentry would be cool

They could do better, they could have done better then, it was probably the last figure they had with those ball jointed hips and that was because it literally was a sad days of Hasbro re-release, I really think they should do us a favor a get out another one, but I remember when the figure came out everybody was so excited about it, but it was just some lazy trick, Still this figure makes me mad because it's the only figure from that wave I never got, I could never find it, and I'm not paying those aftermarket prices for something Hasbro will eventually outdue themselves on, I only want him for that Hulk arm!.