Marvel Studios' Eternals Official First Trailer

JayC

I, personally, love how this movie touches upon how they have been there since ancient times and their interactions with ancient society. The beginning reminded me a bit of Nomadland. The costumes look a little generic and they did not show Kit Harington as Black Knight. Which is disappointing.

31 minutes ago, mako said:

Painfully generic, misplaced poorly timed SNLesque comedy beat at the end, typical Disney Marvel movie trailer.

It kinda looks like something The Asylum might've come up with to cash in on a better movie.

It looks like Asylum doing a Snyder/Warner film. Did you happen to glance at the comments section? I'm completely convinced that no matter what Marvel Studios shovels into peoples gaping maws they would consume it and claim it was the best thing they've ever had.

44 minutes ago, Hogun said:

The costumes look a little generic and they did not show Kit Harington as Black Knight. Which is disappointing.

I remember his casting came late in the game and he wasn't at SDCC when they first introduced most of the cast. Also, I believe they've only ever officially referred to him as Dane Whitman. 

Maybe we won't see him in costume this movie and they only seed his future heroic turn, like how they played Rhodey in IRON MAN.

It's a curious teaser. All it does is establish who these strange people are and what they can do/have done, but there's no hint as to a threat or what the conflict is. All premise/no story. It's not bad, but it's not exciting either. Hopefully, that's by design as, again, Marvel has two other movies coming out before this so there's still plenty of time before they have to get audiences primed for whatever this is about. 

1 hour ago, Actionfiguremadman said:

Meh.Without the Marvel brand would this trailer capture anyone’s attention and have people excited?

Apparently, the producers don't think so. They literally name-dropped Iron Man and Captain America right there in the trailer!

"Come see us because . . . we mention those guys!"

I hope the movie does well. The action figures I have zero interest in, but I hope the movie does well. I cant help but think Marvel should have focused attention on other properties. Link in the Netflix Daredevil and Jessica Jones, maybe. Re-introduce the Fantastic Four, Blade, etc. Alpha Flight may be out of left field, but surely not more so than Eternals. Might be nice to see that there are superheroes in Canada (since so much filming takes place there anyway!) and what their response would be to American heroes. 

Looks intriguing (and sheer looks-wise better than I expected).  Definitely a bit of a different style to a lot of the other Marvel fare.  It's a teaser, so "all premise, no plot" is kind of par for the course.  

5 hours ago, mako said:

Painfully generic, misplaced poorly timed SNLesque comedy beat at the end, typical Disney Marvel movie trailer.

It kinda looks like something The Asylum might've come up with to cash in on a better movie.

LOL that trailer probably has a bigger budget than any three Asylum movies combined.  But sure, we knew you were going to crap on the movie regardless.

4 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I remember his casting came late in the game and he wasn't at SDCC when they first introduced most of the cast. Also, I believe they've only ever officially referred to him as Dane Whitman. 

Maybe we won't see him in costume this movie and they only seed his future heroic turn, like how they played Rhodey in IRON MAN.

There are a couple blink-and-you'll miss them cuts of medieval warfare in the trailer.  We might see A Black Knight, but I think you're right in that Dane probably doesn't suit up in this one (Though he might claim the Ebony Blade in a post-credits stinger).

I wasn't really that impressed with what I saw here, but It wasn't supposed to give us alot, I still feel pretty indifferent about this movie, I want it to be good, I won't pass judgement until I can see it, but I won't deny I'm a bit worried, but overall I've just become sorta eh about it all, after all of this time.

12 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

There are a couple blink-and-you'll miss them cuts of medieval warfare in the trailer.  We might see A Black Knight, but I think you're right in that Dane probably doesn't suit up in this one (Though he might claim the Ebony Blade in a post-credits stinger).

I still think they are going to combine Sir Percy and Whitman's character with him being a Knight from the medievil period

15 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Someone posted this on twitter:

20210524_111004.jpg

if it about the highlight part, well, I mean the MCU has combine or changed a characters.(Ghost for example.) Dane Whitman could be from the Medievil times, from victorians times, modern times. My guess is he will be a knight of some king who Sersei falls for but dies. 

I think they should have got Taika Waititi to direct this; the costumes and look would have been more Kirby'esque, which would have translated to much more sellable and 'toyetic' merchandise for the film. As is they're just blah. 

I'm a bit of a Kirby nut, and his Eternals series imo featured his most impressive and totally over the top visuals. An Eternals movie therefore should look even more visually impressive than a Star Wars movie.....a George Lucas directed Star Wars movie I should say (even if one hated the Prequels, the character designs were and still are stupendous in their creativity). 

Any how, as for this trailer.....I like it, surprisingly, I like the vibe they're implying, and I like seeing them through the ages. I actually really like Angelina Jolie's look too as Thena because it's closest to Kirby's design (I'd have preferred more Gold though, lol). I like that they showed Dane Snow, but my hunch is that they may have under-played a critical hand here in not having him Knighted up. Alas, we'll see. I really want to like this film, but those costumes...