Marvel Studios' Eternals Official First Trailer

JayC

See, the release of Shang-Chi was an experiment. They were testing the waters. The waters passed. Now a more traditional MCU release plan will happen since they can see the box office is there. Black Widow opened relatively well and Shang Chi beat a weekend record. Theater only will probably continue, unless of course there is another wave.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, JayC said:

I have no plans for going to a theater to watch any movie until mask mandates are removed. I understand the need for the mandates unfortunately at this point but I am not going to sit in a movie theater for 2+ hours to watch a movie while having to wear one. I have no problem waiting the 45 days for home release to watch these things and there plenty of other things out there being released on the various streaming services to watch until it gets released at home.

Why don’t you just go to a matinee in the suburbs when no one is there? Are the staff gonna come down the aisle with a flashlight to check that one dude? They sure don’t at my cinema.

IMO, why even bother going to the theater anymore?  I mean even if you are vaxxed or not, you still have to wear a mask and soon show either a vaxxed card or a negative Covid test.  I'll pass and wait because most movies these days are hitting DVD/Blu-Ray as soon as they are hitting theaters.

On 9/10/2021 at 9:42 PM, Audie said:

Why don’t you just go to a matinee in the suburbs when no one is there? Are the staff gonna come down the aisle with a flashlight to check that one dude? They sure don’t at my cinema.

Very helpful advice as to how to skirt the rules designed to keep people safe.  Screw the people who might ONLY be there because of the rules, right?

On 9/10/2021 at 11:01 PM, SpiderMan said:

Very helpful advice as to how to skirt the rules designed to keep people safe.  Screw the people who might ONLY be there because of the rules, right?

I believe what Audie is trying to say is to go to the movie theater when no one is there so there is plenty of social distancing and you won't have to wear a mask.

Always fun to get some new movie dates to speculate about. I have to imagine Captain America 4 will be 2024 right? Maybe Avengers 5? X-Men? Blade? Aside from those, some movies will be due for sequels, Captain Marvel 3, Doctor Strange 3 and Black Panther 3 could be candidates as well.

Just to throw some tentative dates out there:

2/16/24: Blade

5/3/24: Captain America 4

7/26/24: X-Men

11/8/24: Doctor Strange 3

On 9/10/2021 at 8:52 PM, Outsiders said:

IMO, why even bother going to the theater anymore?  I mean even if you are vaxxed or not, you still have to wear a mask and soon show either a vaxxed card or a negative Covid test.  I'll pass and wait because most movies these days are hitting DVD/Blu-Ray as soon as they are hitting theaters.

Yea.  But I don’t have imax 3D at home. 

On 9/11/2021 at 12:54 AM, Outsiders said:

I believe what Audie is trying to say is to go to the movie theater when no one is there so there is plenty of social distancing and you won't have to wear a mask.

Because I dont care that much to have to break rules to watch a movie. Again I am totally fine if I wait 45 days, my life doesn't end if I dont see these things the day they open. I didn't think Black Widow was that great of a movie. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. If I had to wait for that one I wouldn't have cared and my guess while Shang-Chi might be decent I will feel similar as in having to wait to see it isnt a big deal. Same with Eternals. I still feel people should be given the choice of seeing a movie in theater or at home in this day and age and the reason why the theater industry is doing everything it can to prevent that from happening is because they know given the choice many people will go with the home option, but if studios continue to not give us the choice then I will wait. I look at movies like Snake-Eyes which had they released it at home the same day it was in theaters I would have paid to watch it, but by  waiting 2 weeks all they did was let me see many people didn't like it and so now I'm like I will just wait until it only costs $5 to rent or even wait until its free to watch on some streaming or movie channel.

I watched that new MATRIX movie trailer and all I saw was a rehash of the original movie. I have HBOMax so I will watch that when it debuts but no way I would go to the theater to watch it.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:04 PM, JayC said:

Because I dont care that much to have to break rules to watch a movie. Again I am totally fine if I wait 45 days, my life doesn't end if I dont see these things the day they open. I didn't think Black Widow was that great of a movie. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. If I had to wait for that one I wouldn't have cared and my guess while Shang-Chi might be decent I will feel similar as in having to wait to see it isnt a big deal. Same with Eternals. I still feel people should be given the choice of seeing a movie in theater or at home in this day and age and the reason why the theater industry is doing everything it can to prevent that from happening is because they know given the choice many people will go with the home option, but if studios continue to not give us the choice then I will wait. I look at movies like Snake-Eyes which had they released it at home the same day it was in theaters I would have paid to watch it, but by  waiting 2 weeks all they did was let me see many people didn't like it and so now I'm like I will just wait until it only costs $5 to rent or even wait until its free to watch on some streaming or movie channel.

I watched that new MATRIX movie trailer and all I saw was a rehash of the original movie. I have HBOMax so I will watch that when it debuts but no way I would go to the theater to watch it.

Yeah, I prefer the wait and see approach. Just got Black Widow on DVD today, so that's been added to the DVD watch list.

On 9/10/2021 at 5:42 PM, Audie said:

"...Why don’t you just go to a matinee in the suburbs when no one is there..."

This will only be an option if you live in an area where the population is low enough to guarantee you'd be the only person in the theatre. And if you wait long enough, the movie will be out on streaming and/or bluray anyway...so risking yours and others' health isn't worth it. 

For yrs now, even before the China virus, I'd always go  see a movie on Sunday Morning around the 11am showtime. Might be 2-4 other people in the theatre with you. If you need to be the only person in the theatre due to the fear factor, then you might as well wait on it to come out on home video.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:50 AM, JohnF said:

What about Deadpool 3? Does that have a release date, cause I don't remember anything official. So could one of those dates be for that one? I guess late 2023 early 2024 could be the best guess for that one. I also think that Captain America 4 will be one of those 2024 movies, but in any case we'll wait and see. 

I saw somewhere that Deadpool 3 might be slated for the November 2023 slot, but I think Blade also has a chance at falling in there. Both movies should definitely be out by the end of 2024 either way. 

On 9/11/2021 at 1:04 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Always fun to get some new movie dates to speculate about. I have to imagine Captain America 4 will be 2024 right? Maybe Avengers 5? X-Men? Blade? Aside from those, some movies will be due for sequels, Captain Marvel 3, Doctor Strange 3 and Black Panther 3 could be candidates as well.

Just to throw some tentative dates out there:

2/16/24: Blade

5/3/24: Captain America 4

7/26/24: X-Men

11/8/24: Doctor Strange 3

Take out X-Men, put in Fantastic Four.  They've already started dropping at least one hint towards the FF, but nothing really about the X-Men yet.

Personally I think they're holding on to the X-Men for a couple or three more years, to boost the MCU back up if it starts waning, or to carry on the momentum if they make it through everything else they've got planned without any (non-COVID related) lull.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, Jmacq1 said:

Take out X-Men, put in Fantastic Four.  They've already started dropping at least one hint towards the FF, but nothing really about the X-Men yet.

Personally I think they're holding on to the X-Men for a couple or three more years, to boost the MCU back up if it starts waning, or to carry on the momentum if they make it through everything else they've got planned without any (non-COVID related) lull.

Yeah  F4 will be out before X-Men

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2021 at 6:28 PM, Atlantis said:

News today on Eternals movie is fairly bleak. But this has happened  before and in a few weeks some of these poor sellers turn into mega winners. Who knows.

I don't know. I think it's awfully telling that even the company themselves are pretty much saying "don't hold your breath for any sequels."