Marvel Legends X-Men: Age Of Apocalypse Wave 2 - What To Expect?

JayC

The next Hasbro Marvel Legends live-stream event will be taking place tomorrow (5/26) at 11am ET, and one of the things we expect to see officially revealed is Hasbro's second wave of Marvel Legends X-Men: Age Of Apocalypse figures. As first reported by Fwoosh last month, we expect this wave to include the following figures:

F1005 – Assortment UPC: 5010993840021
Unknown (BaF)
• F1006 – AoA Magneto – 5010993839636
• F1007 – AoA Cyclops – 5010993839605
• F1008 – AoA Sabertooth – 5010993839599
• F1009 – AoA Rogue – 5010993839582
• F1010 – AoA Kitty Pryde – 5010993839629
• F1011 – AoA Ice Man – 5010993839612
• F1091 – AoA Legion – 5010993839643

We still don't know what the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be. Our hope is it will be a Age Of Apocalypse Colossus figure.

The first wave included Wild Child, Dark Beast, Jean Grey, Morph, Nate Grey (XMan), Sunfire and Weapon X. The Build-A-Figure for that wave was Sugar Man. We also got Apocalypse himself released as a Deluxe figure.

Hasbro has previously said that the next X-Men wave after this one will not be story themed, but if Hasbro were to release more Age of Apocalypse figures in the future, which characters would you want to see get the modern plastic treatment?

Marvel-Legends-Age-Of-Apocalypse-Wave-2-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-Of-Apocalypse-Wave-2-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Age-Of-Apocalypse-Wave-2-03.jpg

Sugar-Man-BAF-43__scaled_600.jpg

AoA-Apocalypse-12__scaled_600.jpg

AoA Gambit is first on my list too. I feel that no matter what the BAF is in this wave we're gonna miss out on a major character we want/need. If it's Colossus, the Holocaust crowd will be disappointed and vice versa. I think this BAF will be Colossus and if anything Holocaust will be done in a similar manner to how AoA Apocalypse was done as a Deluxe, perhaps with a few attachments and what not. As far as any other characters, after Gambit, it's pretty much up in the air, Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee. There were so many takes on characters that looked interesting but just weren't able to be developed.

On 3/9/2021 at 4:48 PM, leokearon said:

My list would be

1. Sabretooth - We have Wild Child we need someone to keep him in check
  2. Magento - How can you do an AOA wave with the leader of the X-men
  3. Rogue -  Another no brainer really
  4. Cyclops - If there is no Wolverine (or even if there is one) in a wave there is usually a Cyclops
  5. Exodus - he hasn't gotten a figure in any form yet
  6. Shadowcat - Interesting look and she did turn up in Secret Wars 2015
  7. Infinite - Why not have a AOA Army builder
  8. BAF - Holocaust/Nemesis 

Well 5 out of 8 isn't bad. 

3 hours ago, mako said:

Never read AoA, but I've always loved the designs. All I really need is Magneto, who back during the 5" days became my goto Maggy, and apparently we're getting him.

After that, literally anything else they do is gravy. I'll take it all.

That AoA Magneto, along with the AoA weapon X and the Generation X Chamber are the figures that got me out of PLAYING with toys and into COLLECTING toys...

See, that picture is why I don't understand Legion being in this wave. Or a figure at all for that matter. He's in a hospital gown the whole series. 

I really hope we get a Joe Mad inspired Rogue rather than one with the weird mullet poof.

I hope we get Colossus to go with Shadowcat. Those two will be the first original figures to have been made for AoA. All the other figures they've done were released in the 90's from Toy-Biz, save Sunfire which Hasbro made a while back.

If there was ever a third wave I would like it to have Havok, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Sinister (not Essex), Quicksilver, Storm, with maybe a new Holocaust, or as many have mentioned Abyss as the BAF.

I thought the title breakdown was interesting.

Magneto Apocalypse

Generation Next: Colossus*, Shadowcat, Sugarman

Weapon X, Jean

Factor X: Cyclops, Beast

Astonishing X-Men: Rogue, Sabertooth, Sunfire, Wild Child, Morph, Blink, Holocaust

X-Man

Amazing X-Men: Iceman

Gambit and the X-Ternals: None

X-Calibre: None

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

AoA Gambit is first on my list too. I feel that no matter what the BAF is in this wave we're gonna miss out on a major character we want/need. If it's Colossus, the Holocaust crowd will be disappointed and vice versa. I think this BAF will be Colossus and if anything Holocaust will be done in a similar manner to how AoA Apocalypse was done as a Deluxe, perhaps with a few attachments and what not. As far as any other characters, after Gambit, it's pretty much up in the air, Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee. There were so many takes on characters that looked interesting but just weren't able to be developed.

I hope we get either Colossus or Holocaust as the deluxe alternative to being this wave's BAF.

"Who is missing" if we consider Hasbro is trying to round some comic series from AOA:

Sinister and Havok (to finish the main characters or Factor X after Cyclops and Dark Beast)

Holocaust (we have all characters of Astonishing X-Men)

Colossus (After Sugar Man and Kitty Pryde for Gen X)

So, no characters from Gambit & X-ternals, Excalibre or Amazing X-Men. Matbe a two-pack for Sinister and Havock and a Deluxe for Holocaust if we think Colossus will be the BAF and Hasbro will be DONE with this Saga! 

I want an Infinite Gauntlet Wave! (Pip, Starfox, IG Adam Warlock, IG Nebula, Moondragon and someone else)

At this point in time, judging from what's on Paper, I only want Kitty & Rogue, the rest well I'm going to have to see them before I judge, and it's also going to come down to who the BAF is, If the BAF is Nemesis/Holocaust, I'm going to really want to build that, if it's Colossus maybe..at this point I want to say no, but again it comes down to how all these look, to be honest I don't really want more AOA, I was content with 1 wave, but more just doesn't do it for me, I'd rather we focused on classic and new 616 Characters rather then getting whole alternate timeline waves (I'd rather if they were going to give us AOA figures, they sprinkle them into normal X-Men waves), and the funny thing is I Love AOA, but I'm not thrilled with whole waves for it, I realized quickly I only bought the whole first wave because of Sugar Man in the end.

12 minutes ago, SUPREME007 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I hate that damn sabertooth. Its not the costume its the body, like is that the colossus buck. Should have been omega reds.

Actually it work for this version as aoa sabretooth was alot bigger then his 616 version

AOA Legion? Considering he wasn't in the Age of Apocalypse (I know he was the catalyst for AOA story), that's an odd choice - would have thought an early New Mutants / Bill Sienkiwicz David Haller or a contemporary Hickman era Legion would have gone over better.

There are many, many more AOA characters I'd like to see, but I'm totally happy with this line up and the BAF. Kitty & Colossus - yes, please!!!

I’m assuming the BAF is Colossus, but otherwise that’s top of my list. Otherwise, Havok, Nightcrawler, and Holocaust, and I’m happy enough. I’d love more Factor X secondary cast, or any of the Gen Next students, and I’d also be into Forge and the Madri, but I could live with just the aforementioned.

Rogue is a must. Like someone mentioned, it has to be the Mad!-slanted hairstyle Rogue. Most other artists didn't seem to be capable of replicating that.

Colossus shouldn't be the BAF considering Modern era Colossus that came in the Warlock wave wasn't a BAF. That said wouldn't be surprised if Colossus does end up being the BAF, because reasons. Sabretooth as the BAF would've pi$$ed me off more, tbh lol

Never got the Toybiz (?) Nemesis BAF so he would be ideal here. We need more unique characters.

I don't think Magneto is different enough (yea the cape and some of the other details are flipped...red instead of purple and vice versa) from his 616 incarnation to take up space here. Besides we just got Magneto in the previous wave. The ideal would be if we just got a braided-pig-tailed Magneto head as a pack-in a la the Onslaught head in Kitty. Ditto Cyclops (that we just got one in the previous wave) but he's different enough from 616 or HOX Scott.

Would be nice to get another stab at Iceman. They really need to work on him, none of his previous figures have been ideal.

I have zero connection to this Kitty. In fact I hate it (I also don't like X-23, so there's that). Here's hoping we get Excalibur Shadowcat this year.

Stoked for a Legion, would've been nice if he was in another more appropriate wave but I'm not gonna complain (too much lol).

All that said, I think this is a stronger assortment than Wave 1, especially if we get Nemesis. Hopefully they all look good!

So, as much as I want the BAF to be Colossus, I am betting it will be Holocaust/Nemesis, with Colossus being released as a deluxe figure. Think about it - Colossus would have a much stronger likelihood to sell as a a deluxe figure than Holocaust/Nemesis. But what the hell do I know?! I would have never guessed we would get a Legion ahead of an AOA Gambit, Nightcrawler, Storm. Banshee, Angel or Havok!

To answer the ACTUAL question of what I'd want in a 3rd AoA wave and not comment on what is likely per the leaks on the upcoming 2nd wave, I think the following would be good options:

Storm

Gambit

Quicksilver 

Mr. Sinister

Mikhail Rasputin

Abyss

Bishop

BAF: Holocaust/Nemesis

This composition rounds out the Horsemen, while also apparently hits at some core characters, as best I can surmise based on the covers (I've admittedly never read the epic, though want to and understand the basic premise...just looking for a HC Omnibus re-release as the price right now is absurdly high!)