Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-Thursday May 27 Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

When a lab accident causes half his DNA to be rewritten with a spider's genetic code, geneticist Miguel O'Hara becomes Spider-Man!

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors. You can pre-order this now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The figure includes:
-New Deco
-3 Pairs of hands
-Web Cape

Spider-Man-2099-01.jpg

Spider-Man-2099-02.jpg

Spider-Man-2099-03.jpg

Spider-Man-2099-04.jpg

Spider-Man-2099-05.jpg

Spider-Man-2099-06.jpg

Spider-Man-2099-07.jpg

Spider-Man-2099-08.jpg

Tigra! Yesssss! And yes, thank the force she's in her classic bikini! Ugh...did I hear him nearly say she was a Target exclusive? (Blech!) Sounded like he almost said that and then stopped himself. Ah well I will do what I must for my Tigra! Really happy to see Meggan teased too! Just hope her man is in his classic outfit, rather his outfit when Excalibur started that is. but I'd be happy to see his classic-classic outfit too one day.

As for the rest, really effing sweet bunch of characters there, but a whoooooole lot of money saved this time around! Phew!

12 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

They did say Herc and Tigra are coming later this year so might be a comic Avenger wave this year 

Man that seems...like they're REALLY squeezing folks out.  When you figure that Eternals and No Way Home also drop towards the end of the year, as well as the as-yet-unrevealed FF Retro Wave.  I guess it's not impossible but whoof...certainly no signs of slowing down the product spigot.

1 hour ago, JayC said:

I think we can safely say with little doubt now an Excalibur boxset is coming, likely as an Amazon exclusive. Tygra I bet will be in the wave with Hercules.

I dunno, these Excalibur reveals seem more like the build-up to the "SDCC" exclusive like they did last year.  Did they even do much buildup for the Alpha Flight boxset?  I kind of remember that seeming to just appear out of nowhere but I may just be misremembering or have lost something in the 2020 blur.

Still on the fence about the whole AOA wave 2, I do like everything I'm seeing  but I just never found Magneto, Cyclops, Iceman and Sabretooth that interesting of looks, of course I'm going to get Rogue and Kitty, Colossus is a nice looking BAF and Iceman is a nice figure for what it is, I don't know though, I feel like I might just have to get the whole wave because I already have the first one, damn you Hasbro, I don't care for that Legion figure maybe it won't come with a BAF piece.

Spider-Man 2099 again!, I've been asking for that since I couldn't afford the first one, I am a bit disappointed they didn't give us the retro spidey buck, it doesn't look a hell of a lot different then the original but I'll take it for a fraction of the price.

Tigra! beautiful amazing, I couldn't have imagined it looking that good, I'm really excited about that one

and that's gotta be Meggan's hair teased with the sword, I'm pumped!

15 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Ugh...did I hear him nearly say she was a Target exclusive? (Blech!) Sounded like he almost said that and then stopped himself.

He started to say something with a "T" and then stopped and talked about how/when she would be released, so... it's possible he was going to say Target. He could've been saying Tigra, though. But maybe Tigra and Hercules will be packaged together in a Target exclusive 2-pack like last year's Storm and Thunderbird set. Who knows?

Just now, CajunPirate said:

Just pre-ordered AoA. Look great. Come on round 3: Gambit, Nightcrawler, Havok, Storm, Quicksilver, Holocaust BAF.

I'd say we can probably bet now that Nemesis/Holocaust will be a Deluxe like Apocalypse was last year, that's my feelings the way this is panning out.

The fact that the AOA wave is all just renders is really weird to me. Is that going to be the case for all future waves? Anyway, I preordered Iceman and Kitty. Spidey looks great, but I don’t really need him since I have the 2015 version. Not terribly exciting reveals for me today, but I’ve been plenty satiated by the Infinity Saga and the Eternals wave should be dropping any day now I’d imagine. 

Let's give Hasbro a pat on the back for doing an X-Men and not including Logan, X-23 or Deadpool. I may get Cyclops because Cyclops is my favorite X-Men. The wave looks good. The assortment is a lot better than the first wave and I have read AoA because of the initial wave. However, I do not have the space to do Age of Apocalypse. So, I may just get Legion, Magneto, Kitty for the body, and Cyclops and pass on the rest for now. Amazing job, Hasbro. I mean it. The next AoA wave should include Nightcrawler, Mystique, Havok, Dead Man Wade (I guess), Quicksilver, Storm and Mr. Sinister. the BAF should be Holocaust/ Nemesis.

Love it. I got too nostalgic with wave 1, and kinda got blinded to issues there. There really are/were some BIG faults in the first AOA wave (see eBay for reference). Some facial expressions here are odd, and I'm praying we don't have the female-action-figure-body-narks out (yes, Rogue needs bigger hips, but this is AOA Rogue. In that dystopian reality, women's hips shrink after mutant childbirth). More seriously, it's the source material: sculpt is an absolute dead match for one of Roger Cruz's solo Rogue covers (poss #3 of Astonishing X-Men, 1995). Plus, Sabertooth and Magneto....perfect.

3 hours ago, JayC said:

I think we can safely say with little doubt now an Excalibur boxset is coming, likely as an Amazon exclusive. Tygra I bet will be in the wave with Hercules.

Just playing Devil's Advocate, but do you really think a, beautiful, bikini clad, well defined female would be allowed in today's market at mass retail? Yes, pretty much all female figures are nude bodies with paint applications, but at least they have the perception of being dressed. Not that I'm against her making it in mass retail, I wish toys would go back to the way it used to be, when it was up to the parents to take their own responsibility to decide what to buy their children, but I just think that would not fair well in today's culture. I know the Angela figure did really well and I wish we could see more female figures that comic accurate, but if you look at a figure like Valkyrie, it was clearly censored cuz you could see the sculpted edge of her "boy shorts" that got painted over to look like full leggings. I just think it's more logical that Tigra would end up as some kind of exclusive where there is a little bit more leeway for figures like Emma (Hellfire Club Exclusive) and Majik (WG Exclusive).

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

He started to say something with a "T" and then stopped and talked about how/when she would be released, so... it's possible he was going to say Target. He could've been saying Tigra, though. But maybe Tigra and Hercules will be packaged together in a Target exclusive 2-pack like last year's Storm and Thunderbird set. Who knows?

Well, if such a duo set has the same availability as the Storm/ Thunderbird set then it's all good; those have been easy to come by at TrU's here in Canada. But, as I said, I must have my Tigra, so whatever it takes! Lol.

20 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Just playing Devil's Advocate, but do you really think a, beautiful, bikini clad, well defined female would be allowed in today's market at mass retail? 

I'm going to assume that the standard for a character whose entire body is covered in fur is different than one covered in smooth flesh. Whether that's rational or justified, I don't know, but I would think someone like Tigra would be held in the same regard as Mystique from the Fox X-Men movies: Yeah, she naked but you can't see anything, so... It's a weird hangup, and I don't begrudge anyone his or her particular fetish if sexy werecat is your kink, but I'm guessing the typically prudish people we imagine working in standards and legal departments don't put the same value on almost naked Tigra and almost Jean Grey.

Just Tigra for me. She is amazing.. agree with others I’m so happy it’s her classic look and not her PC version. As long as she isn’t Walgreens I have faith I will get a couple of her.

i was worried the old version of Tigra with the outdated articulation would continue to be one of my last hold overs from the dark ages.. 

AOA stuff looks great. doesn't appear to a bad one in the wave. 

Just Legion for me from the AOA Wave but man those look fantastic!! 

TIGRA for the win! Very nice figure. I'm happy to be replacing the old one in my Avengers display. 

I'm really bummed about the Excalibur set as it seems to be the SDCC exclusive this year. I want it but I don't want to have to pay a large amount for it. Let's hope it's plentiful.

I'm also glad Storm made it into the "Retro" line. She's a fave of mine. Hope to see Phoenix or Dark Phoenix soon. Probably both as they are doing repaints in this line.