Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-Thursday May 27 Live-Stream Coverage

JayC

Definitely getting Legion, maybe Iceman, but I've got to see him in person.  Colossus looks amazing, but there's no way I'm going in on this wave just for him, don't really have any attachment to the look.  Tigra will definitely be a pick up as well.

3 hours ago, Hogun said:

Let's give Hasbro a pat on the back for doing an X-Men and not including Logan, X-23 or Deadpool.

I found it crazy that Wolverine doesn't appear in the first twenty-four retro 3.75" figures. 

51 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I'm also glad Storm made it into the "Retro" line. She's a fave of mine. Hope to see Phoenix or Dark Phoenix soon. Probably both as they are doing repaints in this line. 

They opened the door to repaints before the line even launched with the metallic repaints of Iron Man and Black Panther as Pulse exclusives. Now waves 3 and 4 include repaints of Spidey, Hulk, Cap (as U.S.Agent), and Iron Man. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a yellow Daredevil down the line when they need to cut costs on a wave. And yeah, as you said, once they do Jean as Phoenix, her Dark Phoenix redeco is sure to follow. 

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Just Tigra for me. She is amazing.. agree with others I’m so happy it’s her classic look and not her PC version. As long as she isn’t Walgreens I have faith I will get a couple of her.

i was worried the old version of Tigra with the outdated articulation would continue to be one of my last hold overs from the dark ages.. 

AOA stuff looks great. doesn't appear to a bad one in the wave. 

I hope they really do her justice....she was never a fave of mine, but she could be a top tier figure....IF they do her right....

spider-man-team-up-tigra.jpg

Tigra is gonna be fire,  cannot wait for her, curious what wave she will end up in or it will be set or individual release which,  hopefully, fingers crossed, is not Walgreens exclusive. But seeing her in 3 pack with Hawkeye and maybe Mockingbird to give us that west cost feel would be pretty cool. AoA wave is really cool but I doubt I will get any, maybe Magneto just for the sake of the look, despite me absolutely hating the idea of him and Rogue having child and rp, Colossus is amazing too. Not too crazy about Sm2099 reissue, while I love reissues I think that body mold is way too dated now, wish they went with retro spidey body. 

Someone on ebgames either royally messed up or has a wicked sense of humour. Spidey 2099 on their website is priced Cdn$20.99. And his pre-orders are now soldout.

Old Legends before the increase was Cdn$29.99. New Legends in Canada are either $32.99 or $33.99.

As for AOA, I'm so glad they didn't force a Wolverine in this Wave.

8 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Someone on ebgames either royally messed up or has a wicked sense of humour. Spidey 2099 on their website is priced Cdn$20.99. And his pre-orders are now soldout.

Old Legends before the increase was Cdn$29.99. New Legends in Canada are either $32.99 or $33.99.

As for AOA, I'm so glad they didn't force a Wolverine in this Wave.

Yeah I jumped on that 20.99 price tag, I hope they just let that be, because earlier in the day it was 22.99, somebody is trolling, guess it's the apology for how insanely high the aftermarket price is 😛

also yeah so the AOA wave is 33.99 in Canada, what's with the dollar increase?, ugh it better not be 33.99 for legends in canada now because thats basically 40 bucks a figure with tax, this line isn't worth that. I only preordered Kitty & Rogue, gonna wait and see if prices go down like they did eventually with the first AOA wave, before I buy the rest of the figures, I don't want this wave that much.

Just now, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I jumped on that 20.99 price tag, I hope they just let that be, because earlier in the day it was 22.99, somebody is trolling, guess it's the apology for how insanely high the aftermarket price is.

also yeah so the AOA wave is 33.99 in Canada, what's with the dollar increase, ugh it better not be 33.99 for legends in canada now because thats basically 40 bucks a figure with tax, this line isn't worth that.

EB can be all over the place. I remember when that Lizard wave showed up in-stores, it was already "clearance" priced. By the time they realized it (and increased the price) most of the collectors in the city had already picked the wave up. Ditto with that Riders wave Wolverine. I think I got mine for Cdn$35.

Yea I don't know what's happening with different pricing with these new figures. Why was Thorbowski cheaper than Quicksilver? They're practically the same "wave" right?

EB can be all over the place. I remember when that Lizard wave showed up in-stores, it was already "clearance" priced. By the time they realized it (and increased the price) most of the collectors in the city had already picked the wave up. Ditto with that Riders wave Wolverine. I think I got mine for Cdn$35.

Yea I don't know what's happening with different pricing with these new figures. Why was Thorbowski cheaper than Quicksilver? They're practically the same "wave" right?

Yeah true, it really always has been all over the place I should have not forgotten that or be shocked, EB has odd pricing,  I remember when the Cowboy Hat logan came out it was 39.99, and then remembering Infamous Iron Doom came out at 34.99, Strangely Hela & Skurge was like 60, but Ghost and Luis were 65, I also remember instantly we had Invisible woman at 20, and Human Torch was 11 bucks ,weird stuff, either way 20 dollar Spider-Man 2099 *fingers crossed* don't cancel those orders!

46 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Not too crazy about Sm2099 reissue, while I love reissues I think that body mold is way too dated now, wish they went with retro spidey body. 

Reissue of a figure originally sold for 19.99 with a BAF piece, now being sold all on it's lonesome for 25.59 after tax? Yeah, I'm not to crazy about it either. Needless to say, once the initial "Ooo-Aahh" wore off, I decided to cancel my preorder and take my chances cherry-picking in the wild.

37 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah true, it really always has been all over the place I should have not forgotten that or be shocked, EB has odd pricing,  I remember when the Cowboy Hat logan came out it was 39.99, and then remembering Infamous Iron Doom came out at 34.99, Strangely Hela & Skurge was like 60, but Ghost and Luis were 65, I also remember instantly we had Invisible woman at 20, and Human Torch was 11 bucks ,weird stuff, either way 20 dollar Spider-Man 2099 *fingers crossed* don't cancel those orders!

And now those Cowboy Wolverines are $22 lol Oh yea I forgot about those $11 Human Torches!

I propose you take a screenshot of that $20.99 page. Or if you can, pay in full now so they can't say anything to you when you pick up hehe

So question for XMen fans.. is this version of Ice Man specific to AOA? Or has he looked similar in modern times in the normal 616 Universe?  I like the Retro Ice Man I have but he’s not the greatest.. but I also wouldn’t want an alternate universe version hanging out with the few XMen I’ve acquired.

also with limited knowledge of auxiliary X teams I have, couldn’t Jon Bon Jov.. err.. Cyclops hair be used for Rictor? I vaguely recall having a 5” ToyBiz version and instantly was reminded when I caw Cyclops.

27 minutes ago, McHogan said:

So question for XMen fans.. is this version of Ice Man specific to AOA? Or has he looked similar in modern times in the normal 616 Universe?  I like the Retro Ice Man I have but he’s not the greatest.. but I also wouldn’t want an alternate universe version hanging out with the few XMen I’ve acquired.

also with limited knowledge of auxiliary X teams I have, couldn’t Jon Bon Jov.. err.. Cyclops hair be used for Rictor? I vaguely recall having a 5” ToyBiz version and instantly was reminded when I caw Cyclops.

Nah, Iceman having no mouth in ice-form was definitely Age of Apocalypse specific. However, Age of Apocalypse Iceman did at one point escape into 616 as a villain, and had to be taken down by Uncanny X-Force. Cyclops's hair definitely resembles Rictor's, but I can't remember Rictor ever wearing sunglasses or anything.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I found it crazy that Wolverine doesn't appear in the first twenty-four retro 3.75" figures. 

They opened the door to repaints before the line even launched with the metallic repaints of Iron Man and Black Panther as Pulse exclusives. Now waves 3 and 4 include repaints of Spidey, Hulk, Cap (as U.S.Agent), and Iron Man. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a yellow Daredevil down the line when they need to cut costs on a wave. And yeah, as you said, once they do Jean as Phoenix, her Dark Phoenix redeco is sure to follow. 

The Retro figures so far have been pretty Avengers based so far, with usually the other big franchises (Spider-Man, X-Men and FF) getting maybe one or two at most per wave. I have to imagine Wolverine is coming though. Perhaps them needing to make a new body since they can't just reuse the standard male one this time if they want an accurate height.

42 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Iceman has appeared spiky in the 616 universe, mostly from losing control of his powers.

Uncanny 331, by Jeff Matsuda. Uncanny 313, by Joe Mad!

The big thing of course is AOA Iceman doesn't have a mouth, but IMO I think he can still be a stand in for 616 Iceman.

xT6JEcVXFz0E.jpeg

Uncanny X-Men #313 - Emma Frost.png

Did they announce much about the Tigra figure? I'm hoping given they announced that new Hercules figure that we're getting classic Avengers wave.  If so, I'd hope for:

Hercules, Tigra, Classic Captain Marvel II, Swordsman, Mantis, Starfox and maybe a Goliath BaF, either Hank Pym or Hawkeye. 

Wishful thinking I know but fingers crossed. 

Iceman has appeared spiky in the 616 universe, mostly from losing control of his powers.

Uncanny 331, by Jeff Matsuda. Uncanny 313, by Joe Mad!

The big thing of course is AOA Iceman doesn't have a mouth, but IMO I think he can still be a stand in for 616 Iceman.

xT6JEcVXFz0E.jpeg

Uncanny X-Men #313 - Emma Frost.png

Huh, didn’t notice Ice Man didn’t have a mouth until you and @Benn pointed it out.. thanks for the info guys

11 minutes ago, Hordak Rules said:

Did they announce much about the Tigra figure? I'm hoping given they announced that new Hercules figure that we're getting classic Avengers wave.  If so, I'd hope for:

Hercules, Tigra, Classic Captain Marvel II, Swordsman, Mantis, Starfox and maybe a Goliath BaF, either Hank Pym or Hawkeye. 

Probably as an exclusive. Either fan channel or Target. 

8 minutes ago, Hordak Rules said:

On other sites message board there were a few posters that are quite insistent that both Hercules and Tigra will be fan channel. Although they gave no proof or reasoning.

From my understanding no info has been given for either. 

I too would love an entire wave filled with classic Avengers. If this is indeed a slow reveal of an Avengers wave they are off to an amazing start. At this point they could slip in a few easy repaints to save on tooling ( but at least make them new characters!) and I’m already sold

58 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

The Retro figures so far have been pretty Avengers based so far, with usually the other big franchises (Spider-Man, X-Men and FF) getting maybe one or two at most per wave. I have to imagine Wolverine is coming though. Perhaps them needing to make a new body since they can't just reuse the standard male one this time if they want an accurate height.

Yeah, each wave has had one villain, one woman, and one mutant, although this latest wave combined the woman and mutant into one figure. And I would agree about the focus on Avengers except... we got Daredevil, Elektra, and Bullseye. That's a good chunk of figure real estate devoted to Daredevil's family, not that I'm complaining (I love this version of DD). 

3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

And now those Cowboy Wolverines are $22 lol Oh yea I forgot about those $11 Human Torches!

I propose you take a screenshot of that $20.99 page. Or if you can, pay in full now so they can't say anything to you when you pick up hehe

Yeah at my local store they were literally trying to throw those Cowboy wolverines at any collector coming in the door, last time my store was open they were down to $18, if it gets to 5 maybe I'll buy one 😆, Yeah first time I ever saw a Human Torch he was just standard $11

I already pre-ordered the figure, I have the e-mail recepit, if you pre-order from EB online, you can't pay in full outright, they charge you when the item ships, so let's see, I'll dispute it, big companies have to honor those mistakes, if it was a small retailer sure they can redact the mistake, I ordered a figure recently from a etailer and it was amongst a bunch didn't notice the shop priced the figure at $0, they figured out the mistake,, but they owed up to the mistake and charged me 5 bucks!, instead of full price.