Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

9 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

What's your opinion of the blue in the hair?

Wish she came with the lightsaber she had on the Animated Series hehe

Well I'll be darned! That is blue hair! I honestly thought it was black with excessive blue highlights, ala the old comic look 😄. Calisto was about the most Punk a character could be back in the day, so I'm good with it! (And you? Yay or Nay?) And when did she become Force Sensitive....AND grow tentacles?? Wth?? Lol.

9 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, she was typically drawn bone thin and somewhat more androgynous (or so I thought) in the first run prior to her death by Storm. But I get them reusing the punk Storm's body, so... oh well. 

Yes, I remember well; actually I thought she was a he at first back in the day. And yeah, agreed on the Storm-bod reuse. In a perfect world, I'd have at least preferred the fold-down 80's style heel boots.🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah they definitely prettied her up some compared to how she is usually depicted. not that surprising i suppose

Agreed. And that's been a trend has it not? I saw a semi-recent image of Anaconda where she too looked all Ms Fitness Universe hawt and less monstrous than she was back in the day. I'm not sure which version I'd prefer now 😄

7 hours ago, tarot said:

yep I was (mostly) right. This is based on her more modern artwork where she has returned to her "classic" look

From Marauders #07 but here is the classic look that had the blue highlights

Callisto_(Earth-616)_from_Marauders_Vol_Callisto_(Earth-616)_from_Official_Handb

Yep. Its a classic Hasbro mishmash. Mixing the old look with the new. I'm not at all against them prettying her up. It is what it is. Better looking is better business. Hate it if you like, it's just the truth. I woulda loved changeable tentacle arms and this is only a production sample so they're not outta the question yet. It's random and it's outta nowhere and it's 80 percent repaint but it's cool and it's new and I love these obscure characters. Impress me a little more Hasbro. Give us a Sunder BAF from Muir Island before they killed him with a simple bullet.

Little known fact. Jim Lee wanted Guido (Strong Guy) for the X-Men Blue team due to the popularity Peter David built up around him. Marvel instead decided to give him Sunder, who was similar in powers and visuals to Guido, but Lee, being the PimaDonna he was, lashed back and killed him off in the least fantastical way he could think of, a simple bullet. Poor guy. Made it through the Mutant Massacre only to be offed by a diva with an over inflated ego who bailed on the company shortly after.

15 hours ago, JayC said:

Shown below via Fwoosh is the reveal of a new X-Men Marvel Legends Marvel Legends Callisto figure coming from Hasbro. Shown is an early production sample and its unknown how or when this figure will be released.

CALLISTO-1.jpg

CALLISTO-2.jpg

CALLISTO-3.jpg

CALLISTO-4.jpg

CALLISTO-5.jpg

I guess she finally decided to eat a sandwich or something. 

Isn't it odd, though....they tend to make the characters who are normally more robust, scrawny...and take the one that's noted for being scrawny, but beef her up. 

Aside from the plumper face, great use of the "80's punk" Storm mold. Makes so much sense.

17 minutes ago, JayC said:

Today via SuperSorrell is another reveal with a look at the upcoming Marvel Legends X-Men Jason Wyngarde Mastermind Hellfire Club figure coming from Hasbro. No word on when or how this figure will be released.

Marvel-Jason-Wyngarde-MASTERMIND 1.jpg

Marvel-Jason-Wyngarde-MASTERMIND 2.jpg

Marvel-Jason-Wyngarde-MASTERMIND 3.jpg

Marvel-Jason-Wyngarde-MASTERMIND 4.jpg

Marvel-Jason-Wyngarde-MASTERMIND 5.jpg

Marvel-Jason-Wyngarde-MASTERMIND.jpg

Finally Mastermind, glad they included both heads, but they got the colours all wrong.

Damn, damn, damn! I'm loving this. Hasbro finally sat down and said "Hey guys, we've got quite a few unique sculpts that we've only barely ever used, though they would still be suitable for some other characters. Whaddaya think we should do?" Keep them coming. Oh, and stay the hell away from Target for pity's sake. These are obscure enough I think they'll end up being some ETailer exclusives though. I don't think I can imagine a Target or Walmart with Callisto or Wyngarde on the shelves. Walgreens maybe, but we know they're doing the Cosmic bit. Gamestop definitely.