Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

I just finally got around to checking out my Hellfire Club figures, so this is a pretty cool reveal to finally see Wyngarde with the alternate Mastermind head, too.

spacer.png

He's a great-looking figure and a nice excuse to reuse the Shaw/Pierce buck for the third (and hopefully final) time. I, too, was surprised by the colors though; I had to do a quick Google search to confirm my suspicion that he was originally in a purple jacket with off-color vest and pants. 

28 minutes ago, JayC said:

My feeling is these two and whatever is revealed tomorrow will eventually be released as Fan-Channel exclusives, maybe on Retro cardbacks.

The fact that both Callisto and Mastermind look to be finished figures instead of renders, like the Age of Apocalypse wave or Tigra and Hercules, makes me think you're right and they'll be up for order soon.

6 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I wonder if the team can/will modify the Doc Ock/Frogman buck to make Harry Leland and complete the original Inner Circle. Using the same Hellfire man buck as Shaw and Co. would be too small for his body, but BAFs like Kingpin and Hyde are way too big. 

Won't be in the same wave but I could see him being done soon. Plus if the make a new fat build they can use it for others

31 minutes ago, tarot said:

Lol nope. Right colors wrong period. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/Xps6zjsUU4G27Jhi6

Which is from a cover and the Mastermind in the actual story wasn't even Jason Wyngarde, it was his daughter Lady Mastermind. So it is wrong, Jason Wyngarde never wore that colour scheme when he was a member of the Hellfire Club.

58 minutes ago, tarot said:

Love this figure. Love that he comes with pretty and ugly head. Hopefully down the line he will come with a brown trenchcoat version but I'll take this anyway.

Yes, just like Mr. Hyde, this dirtbag needs his inverness coat (great custom here by Babcsancustoms)...I agree with you, they did a good job making both heads. He's gonna look great with the Hellfire Club box set.

I know a lot of people don't think Hasbro will ever re-release that set but I truly hope they do, so that fans who missed out will have another chance. That really was one of the best box sets we've seen in a long time.

jk.jpg

Awesome reveal! Ok Hasbro maybe a Marauder for the next reveal?? Or one of the Nasty Boys??

Jason Wyngarde (AKA the pretty head) will go with the rest of the Hellfire Club but if one wanted to kitbash a Mastermind to go with the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, I think it's doable.

I don't own the Old Man Logan that comes with Old Man Hawkeye but that shoulder trim from that trench coat will probably be the closest thing we'll get to Mastermind's (nevermind that the top is longer). Using that whole Logan buck will obviously not work as he's not that short but I wonder how that coat + those sleeves will look with regular Legends male LEGS.

unnamed.jpg

71p8KVaR8vL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

6 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

"....I don't own the Old Man Logan that comes with Old Man Hawkeye but that shoulder trim from that trench coat will probably be the closest thing we'll get to Mastermind's (nevermind that the top is longer)..."

Sure, all they have to do is modify it somewhat. True, there's not many characters that wear an inverness coat but how many have Omega Red boots or Shatterstar's. It may come down to being a one-off but I think they could make it work, regardless. 

A "skinnier" Pierce head should be made too. But hey its all good, and count me in for modifying that Doc Ock buck for Leland!

Reminder that 2022 marks the 30th anniversary of the animated series. So brace yourselves and your wallets for retro wave, Fan channel exclusives and much more. The year of X-Men. 

Another out of left field figure nobody (well I certainly wasn't) expecting, pretty damn great they are getting to filling out the ranks of the Hellfire club, would have rathered seeing Mastermind/Wyngarde with his classic costume, but whatever, I actually like these colors more.

1 hour ago, FASVB said:

Reminder that 2022 marks the 30th anniversary of the animated series. So brace yourselves and your wallets for retro wave, Fan channel exclusives and much more. The year of X-Men. 

Well that settles it. One of the big boys from the Nasty Boys for the BAF!

Although I wouldn't mind a Retro Carded X-men Villains line (wouldn't that be something??), I'd rather get a "bonus" character with a Build-A-Figure Wave.

^^^^ Gorgeous George would be an amazing BAF, probably the only Nasty Boy I'd really want as one personally, the rest of them were kinda goof ball looking IMO, although I'd love a Vertigo figure. Slab could probably be the easiest done as a BAF though, I'm sure that a existing buck could work (Hulk 80th buck) they could use some exisiting parts from sasquatch with other exisiting parts to do a Hairbag.

52 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

^^^^ Gorgeous George would be an amazing BAF, probably the only Nasty Boy I'd really want as one personally, the rest of them were kinda goof ball looking IMO, although I'd love a Vertigo figure. Slab could probably be the easiest done as a BAF though, I'm sure that a existing buck could work (Hulk 80th buck) they could use some exisiting parts from sasquatch with other exisiting parts to do a Hairbag.

I'm salivating at the thought 🤤  lol

40 minutes ago, Hogun said:

That creep head manages to look like Hitler without the siganture mustache.

I can already see the photos in my mind of that head on a Red Skull body getting beat down by Cap.....

On 5/30/2021 at 6:48 PM, Reno said:

I can already see the photos in my mind of that head on a Red Skull body getting beat down by Cap.....

First thing I thought of when I saw this picture. For those calling for a classic Hate Monger this is a great unmasked head to start..

you know.. there was a time when Marvel tried getting away from the HEAVY racist aspects of the Hate Monger character, including a very 90’s redesign.. feel this guy could see a Legends release if they followed the design below. Could be accomplished with a Morbius head repaint and some clever kitbashing