Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

This is a very cool reveal. I have zero interest ( except maybe popping the creep head on the Red Skull body).

Maybe I’m wrong but this is a awesome deep dive release for XMen collectors the same way Rage  or Ex Nihilo ( maybe a stretch) was for Avengers collectors. I’m thrilled about this reveal because it continues to show that Hasbro will push the boundaries on surprising character releases. 

I rest easy that I had no interest in the Hellfire Club set ( although props where they are deserved, excellent set) and this release doesn’t make me second guess skipping them but what it does do is applaud Hasbro for giving fans a true Marvel Universe

Not to be that guy.. ( I missed the reveal of this figure by 10 hours and when I logged in and I saw the post).. but my first thought was” they made a Hitler action figure”?!?! 

Having no connection too Creepy Wingarde, i had no idea who this reveal was at first ., am I all alone here?

11 hours ago, FASVB said:

Reminder that 2022 marks the 30th anniversary of the animated series. So brace yourselves and your wallets for retro wave, Fan channel exclusives and much more. The year of X-Men. 

Hopefully that means we will finally get a XTAS Morph to complete the team

15 hours ago, JayC said:

Today via SuperSorrell is another reveal with a look at the upcoming Marvel Legends X-Men Jason Wyngarde Mastermind Hellfire Club figure coming from Hasbro. No word on when or how this figure will be released.

Marvel-Jason-Wyngarde-MASTERMIND.jpg

Who the frack is "Wyn-GRADE"?? How does this guy not know how to pronounce the name  lol. 

I do love the color scheme of this 1800s era style of clothing. 

Ok they MUST do Leland next. And while they're working on that, tweak these outfits enough so I can get a classic 70's Tomb of Dracula! Hasbro should be working on this NOW so we can get that Marvel Monsters box set by October.

4 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Who the frack is "Wyn-GRADE"?? How does this guy not know how to pronounce the name  lol. 

I do love the color scheme of this 1800s era style of clothing. 

Ok they MUST do Leland next. And while they're working on that, tweak these outfits enough so I can get a classic 70's Tomb of Dracula! Hasbro should be working on this NOW so we can get that Marvel Monsters box set by October.

yeah, pretty embarrassing for Hasbro to 'award' this guy (whom i assume most of us have never heard of - shartimus he ain't)  this exclusive and he promptly shows he couldn't be bothered to take 2 minutes to learn about the character he's presenting (notwithstanding that any true x-man fan would know who Wyngarde is).  choose better next time, hasbro lol. oh well the reveal went viral immediately so i didn't have to watch his video anyhow.

9 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Are we to expect a reveal today? The first two were nice surprises, now I'll be disappointed if there aren't more!

Yes, Dan said we're getting another today. In the same tweet he wished people in the U.S. a happy Memorial Day. Not sure if there's a connection and the figure will be war/military/veteran themed (I doubt it; I think it was just a coincidence) but we'll see in a few hours.

10 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

I hope this isn't the final time we see this mold. I'm going to feel cheated if we don't get at least a Morlun based on this buck, hopefully also the other Inheritors.

Good point. I was mainly hoping they don't try to pass this same buck off for Harry Leland, but it would be good for Morlun. They could also use it for Ben Franklin for that time when he slept with Doctor Strange's girlfriend.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Yes, Dan said we're getting another today. In the same tweet he wished people in the U.S. a happy Memorial Day. Not sure if there's a connection and the figure will be war/military/veteran themed (I doubt it; I think it was just a coincidence) but we'll see in a few hours.

The previous two figures seem to be easy repaints with brand new heads. I can see a Vertigo in our future.

2 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

It's shirtless Wolverine. 

Not an exciting reveal but I have to say, for me, that is the best Logan head theyve ever done. Most of their unmasked head sculpts for him are awful. 

Hasbro gave us a brief look at this one a few weeks ago during a live-stream, but now via Toying Around they have released official images for the Shirtless Wolverine figure. It will include 2 sets of fists, one with claws and one without, and two portraits. No word on how or when this figure will be released, but with Saturday's Callisto and Sunday's Mastermind reveals and another coming tomorrow, it looks more and more like these will be part of the next X-Men wave coming after the second Age of Apocalypse wave. That of course is just speculation on my part and by no means confirmed.

Shirtless-Wolverine-01.jpg

Shirtless-Wolverine-02.jpg

Shirtless-Wolverine-03.jpg

Shirtless-Wolverine-04.jpg

Shirtless-Wolverine-05.jpg

Shirtless-Wolverine-06.jpg

Shirtless-Wolverine-07.jpg

Shirtless-Wolverine-08.jpg

Shirtless-Wolverine-09.jpg

I don't think the Callisto, Wyngarde, and shirtless Wolverine reveals are a new wave, and will most likely be single release fan channel exclusives like Punisher War Machine, Cowboy Logan, and Agent Venom were in 2019. 

4 minutes ago, joenubb said:

I don't think the Callisto, Wyngarde, and shirtless Wolverine reveals are a new wave, and will most likely be single release fan channel exclusives like Punisher War Machine, Cowboy Logan, and Agent Venom were in 2019. 

I agree. I think a retro wave would be particularly strange since these don’t seem like characters with broad appeal like the usual retro offerings - if they are part of a wave I think a BAF model would be better. But hasbro would know better than me 

I so far have zero interest in any of the last 3 reveals. That’s fine, but watch them make this a wave with a Blob BAF. Also it’s very bizarre that these guys have official non-render images when the AOA wave 2 doesn’t, if these guys come out later. I’d say that lends more credence to these being fan channel or something, because the next X-wave shouldn’t hit until 2022.