Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

4 minutes ago, mightiest_mortal said:

Damn, we even have Callisto and Mastermind now but still now Maggott!

Where's my Maggott figure!  An OZT box set would be aweseome ty!

A 3-pack of Marrow, Maggott and Dr. Cecilia Reyes 🙂

8 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I know a lot of folks would be pretty happy to see a rerelease of cyclops from the phoenix 2-pack. and yeah, beast with either a repaint of the smiling face from grey beast and/or a head with glasses would be welcome.

That Phoenix was 🔥 Can't believe I forgot to mention that figure in particular. 

15 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

If this is going to be a thing, there's quite a few other X-men Legends that needs this treatment: Stryfe, Multiple Man and Kitty come immediately to mind and I'm sure there's others. I've got the latter two but I sold off my Stryfe. Beast could use a friendly face.

I would love a Phoenix that doesn't look like Celine Dion

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I know a lot of folks would be pretty happy to see a rerelease of cyclops from the phoenix 2-pack. and yeah, beast with either a repaint of the smiling face from grey beast and/or a head with glasses would be welcome.

Yes to all this right here. And both Cyclops and Phoenix from that 2 pack!

Redeco Omega Red! didn't see that one coming, sure it's cool and looks nice, I guess this was hard for people to find, and it's a nice re-release so kudos to Hasbro for getting him back out, I'm cool though I'll stick with the Sauron wave Red I already have.

So this must certainly be an X-Men retro wave, the way these are all part re-use figures and re-decos, I'd say a Fan Channel Retro wave, so I think it's safe to say we have 2 more figures still to be revealed.

I know this won't change people mind about the Omega Red (not even my own) but this new one represent the first image below and the Sauron one represents the second one. Basically same costume with white or red legging. So this is basically if you are a nit picker for the classic design.

omegared01e.jpgomegared01c.jpg

I think these are good ideas. At least there doesn't yet seem to be a BAF for these. They are probably cheap to make. They could argue that Omega Red is X:TAS colors or something. Maybe they borrowed the idea from the Transformers division that is always making anime versions of the MP figures.

Prices are high enough. It might seem unfashionable, but Hasbro needs to just make some easy money after last year. A lot of these might turn into peg warmers, that just means they need to work on their production forecast. If they produce the right amount, they could make some money. I'm sure they need it going forward. 

I like Calisto and maybe Mastermind. What if they found a way to squeeze in a Toad figure? That would be pretty awesome. I hope with all these repaints they get to Sauron.

Is Omega Red really that hard to get, though? Or that expensive? The entire Sauron wave saw a reprint only a few months ago, and many places still have the original Omega Red in-stock (although he and Bishop are definitely the fastest sellers from that wave). I'm not mad about this at all, and I'll probably get him for the different colour-take and extra head, but I feel like there were a dozen better choices for a more-or-less straight reissue.

So Omega Red and Shirtless Wolverine two-pack?

Jason Wyngarde and Skullcap Battle Damaged Cyclops? Think Uncanny X-Men 137. Essentially a redecoed Dark Phoenix two-pack Cyclops with the optic blast that we've seen in the previous Cyclops head but wasn't implemented during the Dark Phoenix two-pack.

Callisto and Storm? She wore a version of her GSXM costume when they fought but they could re-release that TAS white costume with improved cape and a new head.

Goes along nicely with that Cannonball and Domino two-pack. To be fair this duo doesn't match up with any of the previous pairs lol

50 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

I think these are good ideas. At least there doesn't yet seem to be a BAF for these. They are probably cheap to make. They could argue that Omega Red is X:TAS colors or something. Maybe they borrowed the idea from the Transformers division that is always making anime versions of the MP figures.

Prices are high enough. It might seem unfashionable, but Hasbro needs to just make some easy money after last year. A lot of these might turn into peg warmers, that just means they need to work on their production forecast. If they produce the right amount, they could make some money. I'm sure they need it going forward. 

I like Calisto and maybe Mastermind. What if they found a way to squeeze in a Toad figure? That would be pretty awesome. I hope with all these repaints they get to Sauron.

I suspect it will be a fan channel retro wave, which would allow for a smaller production run. The only a-lister so far  is Logan 

3 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I suspect it will be a fan channel retro wave, which would allow for a smaller production run. The only a-lister so far  is Logan 

Yeah I suspect that this isn't a standard mass release retro wave, due to the character selection, I think this is likely to be a fan channel retro assortment, probably mostly exclusive to Gamestops/EB games and comic stores, like that late 2019 program they did that had Anti-Agent Venom and Frank Castle War Machine, I just can't imagine most retailers deaming this a wave that would sell at general mass retail.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Is Omega Red really that hard to get, though? Or that expensive? The entire Sauron wave saw a reprint only a few months ago, and many places still have the original Omega Red in-stock (although he and Bishop are definitely the fastest sellers from that wave). I'm not mad about this at all, and I'll probably get him for the different colour-take and extra head, but I feel like there were a dozen better choices for a more-or-less straight reissue.

Seems the reprint never reach overseas. Hope this wave will do.

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

I would love a Phoenix that doesn't look like Celine Dion

Easiest way to do that is re-release her on the Dark Phoenix buck and repaint it in standard green/yellow/black Phoenix motif. Jean Grey head from the 3 pack (minus the balaclava), Jazz up that belt sash by making it metallic, and this time mold on a Phoenix symbol (instead of drawing) on the belt, mold on the tops of her thigh boots like they did with the Rogue from the two pack.

2 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Easiest way to do that is re-release her on the Dark Phoenix buck and repaint it in standard green/yellow/black Phoenix motif. Jean Grey head from the 3 pack (minus the balaclava), Jazz up that belt sash by making it metallic, and this time mold on a Phoenix symbol (instead of drawing) on the belt, mold on the tops of her thigh boots like they did with the Rogue from the two pack.

personally I want them to do the white phoenix. They've teased it years ago but never released it. Now is the perfect time.

Ok, crackpot theory time:  iirc last year there were rumors of an 'x-men classic wave' to be released in late 2020.  That didn't really materialize, although we did get retro rogue and gambit, released simultanously with cyborg spidey, negative spidey, and white costume storm.  What if the 4 recently announced figures were part of that planned classic wave, with rogue and gambit being the final 2 members of the wave? It would fit the pattern of all of these figures being repaints/re-used bodies with a new head. 

as to why the classic wave wasn't released last fall, i wonder if it had something to do with sdcc being cancelled, resulting in the hellfire club being released later than usual. I'm thinking that ideally Mastermind would come out after the HC club, since everyone with a Black Queen Jean would for sure want a Jason Wyngarde figure, right? Whereas Wyngarde without BQ Jean isn't as compelling.  Just pure speculation on my part though.

Going further down the rabbit hole, i wonder if white costume storm was intended to be silver costume storm but when the classics wave got delayed they shifted gears and decided to save her for another time.  In my head the classics wave would then be rogue, gambit, silver storm, shirtless wolverine, mastermind, and callisto.  Seems like a pretty solid wave imo.   Although of course replacing silver storm with omega red also makes for a pretty solid wave.

Anyhow it all makes me wonder if we will indeed get two more releases and if so what they will be. afaik we haven't heard anything about a new figure being announced tomorrow or anything.

3 hours ago, tarot said:

I know this won't change people mind about the Omega Red (not even my own) but this new one represent the first image below and the Sauron one represents the second one. Basically same costume with white or red legging. So this is basically if you are a nit picker for the classic design.

Ah good, thanks, that answers the question I was about to post. I wasn't able to find the first one, but since I'd stopped reading X-Men long before he showed up, I'd not have known the Sauron wave version wasn't his classic look (and I'd have been annoyed, lol). 

36 minutes ago, tarot said:

personally I want them to do the white phoenix. They've teased it years ago but never released it. Now is the perfect time.

True. But above all, please pick one head for this figure!! Each Phoenix/Jean Grey/Marvel Girl they've used thus far looks totally different from the other. If they can get Cyclops to look the same they should be able to do it for her. 

That white suit will look really good if they use the same metallic gold they did on 80yrs Iron Man.

4 hours ago, tarot said:

Both figures can be used for 90s really.

97178C5E-9D8A-46BF-A6E2-72ADC50FD87F.jpeg

Omega Red feels like he isn't important enough to get such a minor repaint/reissue so soon, but I'm glad for anyone who felt like they missed the boat on the last release.

It makes me hope this is a Retro wave though, between him and the Shirtless Wolverine, that's two I'd prefer to skip out on, so hopefully not a BAF wave.

7 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

If this is going to be a thing, there's quite a few other X-men Legends that needs this treatment: Stryfe, Multiple Man and Kitty come immediately to mind and I'm sure there's others. I've got the latter two but I sold off my Stryfe. Beast could use a friendly face.

I would love a new revamped Stryfe. I didnt like their first go around very much and that wave was hard to find even when it came out. Why a new multiple man and kitty? Both I found to be pretty great overall. I kind of want a bigger sabertooth... Id like them to revisit friggin SPIRAL! the first one looks so weird with my more updated hasbro legends. She is due for a new body mold/revamp.