Marvel Legends X-Men Callisto Figure Revealed

JayC

31 minutes ago, GreenwithNV said:

Dan’s tweet an hour ago seems to imply there will in fact be another reveal tomorrow. It’s subtle, and potentially a misdirect, but that’s how I read it.

I think it was more of a joke then anything but we will just have to wait and see. 

20 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I'd love to see their take on Spiral, but with what they've been doing over the last year or so, I'm thinking if she gets made, she'll be a "deluxe". 

Also if there's one more reveal, it could be Leland....

This wave is, so far, light on X-Men team members and big-name characters, so I'm guessing the sixth reveal will be a more well-known X-team member. It could be Phoenix, Cable... maybe we'll be really lucky, and it will be Morph from the X-Men animated series. 

Callisto, Jason Wyngarde, and Cyber for me. I never expected we would get any of these, to be  honest. I’ll pass on Wolverine and Omega Red, especially if these are at the new price point. Hopefully they are at the lower retro price point.

Someone mentioned a rerelease of Multiple Man. I’d like to see him in his green uniform without the jacket and made a Pulse Army Builder.  He’s a great candidate for an army builder.

1 hour ago, Sidewinder said:

Callisto, Jason Wyngarde, and Cyber for me. I never expected we would get any of these, to be  honest. I’ll pass on Wolverine and Omega Red, especially if these are at the new price point. Hopefully they are at the lower retro price point.

Someone mentioned a rerelease of Multiple Man. I’d like to see him in his green uniform without the jacket and made a Pulse Army Builder.  He’s a great candidate for an army builder.

Hadn't thought about what a great Army Builder Multiple Man would be.  Hasbro has done a great job with Hydra, AIM, and Hellfire Goons as Army Builders, but there are still so many that could make great Army Builders!  I would love to see an Army Builder boxed set (with multiple heads and accessories) of The Hand,  Skrulls,  Shield Agents, and the Brood.

1 hour ago, TheMarvelMan said:

I love when Hasbro produces new figs (rather than the 117th Spidey or Wolvie fig)!  Cyber is not "A List," but it's his first time in plastic, so I am all over it!

Agreed!  I am not even a big fan of Cyber, but so glad to see something new. Callisto (even if it is mostly reused parts), and Mastermind (even if mostly reused parts) are firsts for Legends, so I am very pleased with Hasbro's offerings. 

well I'm thinking tomorrow will be the final figure in this assortment, I'd say we are due for the last one to be a X-Men member and fairly heavy hitter, I want to say it's either Banshee or Animated Morph (with a bunch of alt heads) , if they want to be weird it's Toad, but if they want to bless me and I know a few others here (Benn specifically) give us Armored Psylocke! (and as to quote David Displays.. no spindly bindly please..)

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

well I'm thinking tomorrow will be the final figure in this assortment, I'd say we are due for the last one to be a X-Men member and fairly heavy hitter, I want to say it's either Banshee or Animated Morph (with a bunch of alt heads) , if they want to be weird it's Toad, but if they want to bless me and I know a few others here (Benn specifically) give us Armored Psylocke! (and as to quote David Displays.. no spindly bindly please..)

Yeah, I'm expecting an X-men to be the last reveal, though I wouldn't be complaining if it was another villain.

10 hours ago, Scifantasy said:

I'll stick with the toybiz omega red, I recently purchased a spiral for too much so she'll be revealed soon lol.

Exactly. There's something about that. It's like something that goes out into the aether in the collector's community. When there's a sudden push for some of these older figures and collectors start clamoring to get ahold of them, the newer updates seem to pop up outta nowhere. It actually happened recently with Tigra and both previous versions of Omega Red and to some extent Herc, and before that, Deathstrike. People were suddenly really chasing them and prices went sky high and some people paid way too much for them, and then out came the new ones. I've seen a recent spike and interest in the old Spiral and Longshot figures and a subsequent price increase. For that matter, I've been getting interest and some fairly high offers for Mojo and Blob. Something tells me these guys are about to the the "Deluxe" treatment as it seems Hasbro has found a way, with MODOK, of re-doing the older BAF's without actually re-doing them.

10 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

So, I don't need a shirtless Wolverine, but the head sculpt is one of the best they have produced, so I am on the fence. But while I am on the topic of head sculpts, DAMN, I would love for Hasbro to do more artist specific head sculpts, and not just Jim Lee!  A Bachalo, Madureira, or Ramos inspired line would be amazing!!!!

I kind of agree with that. It would depend on how quirky the style was. I don't think they all would translate well. I was thinking of the Rachel Grey Marvel Girl that Hasbro did. I think it was mostly based on Bachalo's design, but I think I remember seeing an Alan Davis drawing of her and it was so not good.

I would have preferred the Joe Mad hairstyle for AoA Rogue instead of the Ian Churchill poof.

I think cartoony Joe Madureira figures would be very divisive and would not fit well with the more realistic ones. It's a really hard line to walk. I loved his manga influence but they might look too cartoony. I think Toy-Biz tried to incorporate his style in the 90's toys and it worked because they were a little less the works of art that they are now. The Marvel's Most Wanted Blink looked comic accurate. The X-man from that line looked very Steve Skroce inspired.

Anyway. I like the idea, but think it would be hard to do successfully.

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Since these seem to all be easy repaints, is there a figure that lends itself to the armored Psylocke character?

Watch them come "so close but so very far" and throw the Hood's cloak on the generic female body and make it the pre-armored pajama party Psylocke.... 😆

25 minutes ago, Inspection12e said:

How Much?  I saw one for 80 in package at a flea market this weekend but passed. 

Wow, in package for $80, you shoulda pulled the trigger. That's a price from the first quarter of this year. Any and everything I've seen recently is upwards of $120. You can find some decent used ones for about $50, but I would be weary of anything you could find for less than that. At least from a seller who knows what they have. Everyone's got that story of a treasure they found at some kind of rummage sale or auction, but many o' moon have past since I've been that fortunate.

34 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Wow, in package for $80, you shoulda pulled the trigger. That's a price from the first quarter of this year. Any and everything I've seen recently is upwards of $120. You can find some decent used ones for about $50, but I would be weary of anything you could find for less than that. At least from a seller who knows what they have. Everyone's got that story of a treasure they found at some kind of rummage sale or auction, but many o' moon have past since I've been that fortunate.

I actually have one I bought a long time ago for around 40.  I was going to buy it and offer it at cost to someone or trade it for one of my wants.